The house consists of 4 bedrooms, 2 with private bath and 2 with shared bath.
JUNO, double bedroom, orange, shared bathroom with shower, fan, cot on request, free wirless internet, change linen, cleaning and tidying, kitchen.
The room can accommodate three people (3 ° bed added for a fee, can have a double bed and 1 single bed).
Juno, queen of the gods, protector of women. Juno is a god of Roman mythology tied to the lunar cycle of the primitive Italic peoples. It was the ancient goddess of marriage and childbirth, protector of animals, the wife of Jupiter. It is said that Juno was a sworn of the Trojans for three reasons: because the wrong suffered by Paris gave Venus the apple of beauty instead of her, the abduction of Ganymede by Jupiter, who made him his lover and cupbearer of the gods ; the prophecy says that in the Aeneid, according to which his beloved city will be destroyed by the descendants of Troy, and then the Romans.
The room can accommodate three people, has a shared bathroom with shower and free wirless internet.
The bed and breakfast "a Casa di Virgilio" borns from the desire to offer hospitality in the former home of "Grandpa Virgilio" by creating a warm and welcoming environment that offers the comfort of your own home and be spoiled by an excellent and substantial breakfast, offering consulting books and guides of Florence that will help you discover this beautiful city. The house is furnished with taste and color, ceilings and high windows create a sense of freedom and light, ancient floors to bring the distant past in which life goes slowly by the thick walls provide a natural cool summer so, usually, it’s not even necessary for air-conditioning that is however present.
The bed and breakfast is located in Rifredi, 10 minutes from the airport, near the train station SMN-FI, the Fortezza da Basso is within walking distance, the old town in 5 minutes, the bus stop is in front home, the garage Tanucci in front of the house is in agreement with 15 euro per day, the University Hospital Careggi including the Universities of Florence, including the faculties of Engineering, Biology, Mathematics and Medicine, Meyer Hospital are near from "a Casa di Virgilio".
Focal point near B&B is Piazza Dalmazia, now called "natural shopping center" for the several number of shops that face the last resistance to the invasion of big chains and corporations. Closer to home there are supermarkets like "Coop" and "Esselunga”, nearby organic supermarket “NaturaSì", the famous "trippaio" has its stand in the Tanucci square, pizza, and anything can be enjoyable and comfortable your stay in Florence.
Other service information:
• Breakfast room is available from 8.30 am to 10.00 am
• 1st floor without elevator
• Free Wireless Internet Access
• Iron and ironing board
• Pets stay free provided they are not left alone in the room
• Daily room cleaning
• Check-in 15:00 / 18:00 - Check out at (phone number hidden).
• For arrivals and departures at other times, send mail to make arrangements.
• The owner does not live in the structure, communicate by mail with 24 hours before your arrival time in Florence.
• You can check-in after 19:00 but must pay an additional cost.
- Please send me your arrival time at least twenty four hours before your arrival date
- Check in time from 3:00 p.m to 6:00 p.m
- I do not live in B & B so you must always communicate your arrival time.
- If you change your arrival time previously reported, please send mail with new arrival time.
- For check in after hours 7 p.m. there is a surcharge of 10 euro.
I wanted to inform you that from July 1 the City of Florence has established a tourist tax on overnight stays by non-residents of 2 euros per day for person, excluding: children up to the completion of the tenth year of age
• In case of late cancellation (5 days before check in) will be charged the first night..
• Cancellation 2 days before check in: charge of 80% of entire stay.
• In case of cancellation during stay 90% charge of entire stay.
• In case of NO SHOW will be charged the full amount of reservation.
• The room prices depend on the duration and period of stay. The price includes all utilities.
- Prego avvisare 24 ore prima l'orario di arrivo.
- L’orario di check in è (phone number hidden), per arrivi in altri orari mi potete contattare per telefono o mail per mettersi d’accordo.
- Per check in dopo le ore 19 è previsto un supplemento di 10 euro.
- Volevo informare che non abito nel B&B pertanto è importante comunicare sempre l’orario di arrivo per poter organizzare al meglio la procedura di check-in.
Se viene variato l’orario di arrivo precedentemente comunicato si prega di aggiornare comunicando il nuovo orario.
Volevo informare che dal 1 Luglio 2011 il Comune di Firenze ha istituito l’imposta di soggiorno sui pernottamenti dei non residenti di 2 euro al giorno per persona con esclusione di: minori fino al compimento del decimo anno di età, soggetti che assistono i degenti ricoverati presso strutture sanitarie del territorio, genitori o accompagnatori che assistono i minori degenti ricoverati presso strutture sanitarie per un massimo di due persone per paziente.
• In caso di cancellazione tardiva (5 giorni prima del check in) verrà addebitata la prima notte.
• Cancellazione 2 giorni prima del check in: 80% dell'intero soggiorno.
• In caso di cancellazione durante il soggiorno 90% del soggiorno.
• In caso di NO SHOW verrà addebitato l'intero importo della prenotazione.
• I prezzi delle camere dipendono dalla durata e periodo del soggiorno. Il prezzo include tutte le utenze.
Our room was beautiful and Laura was a wonderful host! She was right there to give us the ins and outs of Florence.
Bus is needed to get to town. Room is above busy and noisy street. This said the place is wonderful and you get greated by the most friendly and nice person Laura. She has the smile of Monalisa. That alone is worth staying there. She has the breakfast ready for you when you wanted and makes the room while you gone. It doesnt get better than that. Grazie Laura!
Bus wird benötigt um in die stadt zu fahren. Zimmer sind oberhalb verkehrreichen strasse. Dies gesagt, die wohnung ist fantastisch und man wird von der liebsten dame willkommen geheissen. Sie hat das lächeln von monalisa. Dies allein ist es wert dort zu übernachten. Sie hat das frühstück bereit wenn man aufsteht und macht das zimmer wenn man unterwegs ist. Es gibt nichts besseres, danke Laura!
Our stay at Casa di Virgilio in the Giunone room was only for one night, but very pleasant. Laura was very accommodating with our arrival times and was helpful with our other queries about parking and leaving our luggage. Our room was clean and bright and the central bathroom was very functional. Having access to the kitchen and fridge was another asset. The Casa is located in a suburb not far from the centre of Florence and the bus stop to the main station/cultural centre is right outside the front door. So handy! Thank you Laura for a lovely stay.
This host has 14 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Salve mi chiamo Laura, ho da poco aperto il B&B “A Casa di Virgilio” a Firenze. Questo stimolo è nato dal desiderio di crearmi un’occupazione stimolante e indipendente, poiché ho un ottimo rapporto con il mio prossimo e mi piace fare nuove amicizie, ho pensato di mettere a disposizione di chi avesse necessità di soggiornare a Firenze la casa dei miei nonni.
In anni remoti mi sono diplomata all’Istituto d’Arte, amo la pittura, la musica, la natura, le passeggiate, il trekking, la montagna, gli animali (soprattutto il mio cane Vasco), credo fermamente nel volontariato infatti ho prestato servizio al 118 come soccorritrice e all’associazione Oami di Prato. Mi piace leggere e non mi piace la televisione. Ho due figli di 20 ed 11 anni ed un marito che fa il tipografo.
Cos’altro dire??? Vi aspetto numerosi in questa meravigliosa città!