About this listing
Welcome to Swan Studio 2, named after the Swan Building on Mariensztat it is located in, minutes away from Warsaw Old Town. Perfect for 2, there's a sofa bed if more guests want to stay.
Swan Studio 2 is located next to our other Mariensztat Square listings which we added last year and is already popular with AirBnB guests.
We started with a really comfortable bed and then added all the important extras to make your stay enjoyable.
Perfect for a City Break, Romantic Weekend or even a longer stay in Town.
So what will you get ?
- Really cute studio with a full kitchen and bathroom - cooker, washing machine, fridge, shower, iron, hairdryer, tea, coffee, maps....
- Really comfy double bed and a sofa bed - perfect for TWO people but 3 or 4 will fit two.
- Nicely painted , clean and recently decorated, we've put a lot of heart and soul into Swan Two.
- A fantastic location barely 5 minutes away from Warsaw Old Town. Mariensztat Road /Square is close to the centre but located just two the side between Old Town and the River. Everywhere is close but it's nice and quiet and your neighbours will be all local folks and real Warsovians. On the Square you'll find a small grocery store, a pharmacy, a barbershop, a Chinese restaurant and our friends at Barylka Pub, where you will get a 20% discount off your food and drink tab.
- Public transport , buses and trams are all close by.
- Two Great Hosts ( sorry ) We love making our Guests comfortable and like to see everyone leave with a smile - read the reviews for our other listings and we will try to do the same here. We'll be on hand to help and advise you about where to go/what to do or alternatively we can leave you completely alone !
- Lastly, you'll get a great price, three or four of you will get a hostel price but your own comfy apartment with kitchen.
If you have ANY questions drop us a line, we'll get right back to you
Guests will have access to the whole apartment
Interaction with guests
We will always try and meet our Guests when they arrive, hand over the keys, welcome and answer any questions there may be. As we have several Mariensztat listings we are often around to help and even drop you off somewhere if it is on the way.
Something about Marensztat...
We love the square - it's seldom busy but situated right next to Warsaw Old Town and has a very local character. You'll find a little shop, a chemist, a pub, a Chinese restaurant and ... just us locals !
And most of all we think it's one of Warsaw's prettiest spots in the summer, sitting by the fountain or enjoying a coffee or beer enjoying the view.
Just a few minutes walk and you are in the centre of historic Warsaw with almost every other site or museum just a walk or bus ride away.
Mariensztat itself is a neighbourhood in Warsaw's borough of Śródmieście (city centre). It is located between the Vistula river and the Old Town. The historical neighbourhood dates from the 18th century, when local nobleman Eustachy Potocki married Maria Kątska and received the parcel of land as part of Kątska's dowry. He established a jurydyka and named the town Maryenstadt after his wife, adding the German suffix stadt to please the Saxon king of Poland. After World War II, the spelling was changed to Mariensztat, but this did not change the pronunciation.The neighbourhood was razed to the ground during the Warsaw Uprising in 1944. Reconstruction work began in 1948, involving a complete redesign of the street plan and architectural appearance of the area. Mariensztat became a model housing project under Poland's new communist authorities, and was the first part of the city to be completed in their ongoing reconstruction of Warsaw.
Mariensztat is easily accessible by bus, taxi and by foot. Getting here is easy and we will send you full instructions when you book.
Other things to note
We have a few apartments around the Mariensztat Area so if there is a larger Group of you it's worth asking us about the other places and you will all be close to one another.
No Smoking, Just respect this place as you would your own and feel at home. We will be there to meet you and will try to explain everything and wev will also send you a house manual with some more information about everything after you have booked. We have a good relationship with our neighbours so please respect the 'cisza nocna' between 10pm and 6am ( be a bit quieter basically ). Anything you find in the fridge or cupboards is there for you as well and the dvds or books are there for your entertainment ( but leave them behind for the next guests please ! )
Hi my name is Jan , I manage the apartments with my partner Alicja who does most of the managing if I'm honest so it's her that keeps everything spick and span. I do things like meeting and talking our Guests who come from all over the world and giving them the benefit of my 'Warsaw knowledge' ( I've lived here 20 years ) ....but you'll meet us both hopefully !
My English is still good and I will try to answer any questions you may have, not just about the apartment but about things like getting around, places to see, places to eat, clubs etc. etc.
I like to do all the usual things - eat out, read books, travel, watch films and sport but I can boast of being Warsaw's number one Soul Music Fan... I even have a local radio show and once a week you'll hear me playing Otis Redding, the Temptations, Aretha Franklin and all the other greats. Anyone booking a three night stay gets an automatic dedication on the show ( ! )
We hope to see you, it's great to see more and more of you visiting Warsaw and we will try and make your stay even better...there'll always be some snacks waiting in the fridge for you, some maps, some movies to watch on dvd, an umbrella , some books,....little things as well as the usual things you should expect.
We can also help you with local tours or even yoga lessons - anything at all, just ask !
At the moment we have a few properties in our portfolio all based in the same area so if there's a larger group of you looking to stay send me a message what you need and we might be able to help.