The Sky Suite is an elevated Octagon...an 8-sided structure with a 360 degree Majestic Mountain View. For some, most importantly The Sky Suite is hurricane and earthquake resistant :)
Majestic Redwoods, magnificent coastline, breathtaking vistas...
The 'Sky Suite' is your premiere Sonoma Coast & Wine Country Mountain Retreat & Renewal setting. All photos are verified by Airbnb and recent.
Whole house sleeps 2-6, with 2 private bedrooms (full-sized memory foam mattress); queen size Sofa-to-bed in living space / 2 full baths (main bath has Spa/Jetted Shower/soak bath combo; guest bath has walk-in Spa/Jetted Shower) ; large screen LED tvs & dvd, WiFi; FULL gourmet kitchen, gas fireplace, wrap-around-deck with breathtaking panoramic mountain views, hot tub/spa on deck, plus outdoor gas grill.
(Add the "Sunrise Studio" guest house (Airbnb # (phone number hidden) ) on the same property, as an additional Airbnb rental, sleeps 8 total!
Welcome to your Mountain retreat/getaway to awe and wonder evoked by beautiful views and the great memories you'll create here! The radio show On Being, aired an interview with Esther Sternberg called "The Science of HEALING PLACES." In it, Esther Sternberg, an immunologist and pioneer in the field of environmental psychology, related her excitement about discovering that there are measurable physiological and neuroscientific bases to the feeling of AWE and WONDER evoked by BEAUTIFUL VIEWS or by places that trigger GOOD MEMORIES. This is the setting for your restoration and transformation: "I firmly believe from what I have seen that this is the chosen spot of all the earth as far as nature is concerned," horticulturist Luther Burbank said of Sonoma County
Great Views...Great Wines...Great Food! Napa & Sonoma counties are all about our Mother Nature’s great views, great wines (lots of vineyards!) and great food (great spas too!). And the North Bay Bohemian area of Cazadero (Northwestern Sonoma County) where the Sky Suite is situated, is no exception! I eagerly await your visit !!!
About 75 miles north of San Francisco lies the Russian River Valley, which was nominated as one of the Wine Regions of the Year by Wine Enthusiast magazine in 2011. In the heart of beautiful coastal Sonoma County Wine Country you’ll find The Sky Suite on Sunrise Mountain encircled by sun, stars, moon and massive redwoods.
“Few wine regions evoke more vivid impressions of great wine, stunning landscapes and friendly people than the Russian River Valley. World-class Zinfandels and Petite Sirahs abound, often from gnarled, centenarian vineyards. Rhône varieties, both red and white, as well as great Chardonnays join the valley’s crown jewel: Pinot Noir, now coming off a stellar string of vintages” (Wine Enthusiast magazine in 2011).
The Sky Suite, in its beautiful private Mountain Retreat setting, creates an ideal environment for writers/musicians, clergy/religious, health professionals, chefs, YOU, for retreat getaway, for...
* Private wedding, Vow renewal, (see (website hidden)) or honeymoon
* Times of reflection, indoors or while out “sunning” on the deck with cool mountain breezes with lots of privacy.
* Uninterrupted rest & relaxation or constant opportunities for vacation related activities in Wine Country & Sonoma Coast
* Hiking, walking or biking in the serenity of nature (ocean, river, mountain, valley...Redwoods!)
* Swimming, kayaking, canoeing, paddle boarding, or lazy river tube floating or fly fishing in the near-by Russian River or walking in Austin Creek just down the hill!
* Concentrated reading or writing and reflection
* Extended solitude for contemplation and transformation
* Rejuvenate...with an invigorating on-site spa shower massage. Or massage (nearby or out-call) and hot tub available to renew and revive. Although we offer a spectacular shower experience and on-site outdoor hot tub... we are happy to recommend...
--Osmosis Day Spa Sanctuary - just 10 miles away in Freestone. Phone: (phone number hidden)
--The Spa at Applewood - just 5 miles east in Guerneville. Phone: (phone number hidden)
--Or enjoy a hot stone/deep tissue rhythm massage (Swedish/Thai) at Patte's Guerneville parlor or here at The Sky Suite. (email hidden) (phone number hidden))
Contact men for your on-site PRIVATE Wedding/Renewal of Vows/Anniversary ceremony, then stay for your "honeymoon"! Come to the CA Redwoods to renew your vows or an anniversary GetAway (Sonoma Coast and Russian River Area) ... my intimate Wedding & Vow Renewal center (Additional Fees apply).
…..and We are Pet Friendly: Pets are welcome (see pet fee policy under "House Rules" tab). For all size dogs (up to 3 dogs allowed) there is a non-refundable pet fee of $35/night/per pet. For guests staying more than 2 nights, their pet fee is discounted to $25/night/pet.
Pet fee is in addition to your Airbnb lodging quote.
The full kitchen has all the utensils you'll need for serving snacks/beverages, but not intended for cooking; including a refrigerator, microwave and toaster oven, stove/oven, coffeemaker (filters provided), and outdoor gas grill. The kitchen is not intended for cooking meals: only for warming or heating and serving previously prepared meals, etc.; cupboard has plates, glassware, flatware & cutlery.
You are not allowed to use your own camp-stove or burner. No extensive cooking or meal preparation on premises (see "House Rules"). You're also welcome to patronize local organic grocery, coffee/cafes, bakeries, and restaurants; and a supermarket, or you may prefer to "order-in".
Once your reservation is accepted/confirmed, I'd be happy to send you our "web-tour" email/attachment where you "click" your way through Sonoma Coast and Wine Country sites and dining.
Comforts of Home...Linens are provided;
* Bed linens, blankets and pillows are provided.
* Towels for kitchen and bath are also provided. BRING YOUR OWN BEACH TOWELS. Guest towels for on-site use only!
* Bring your own liquid bath soap, shampoo, toiletries.
--no early check-in; no luggage drop-off
Sonoma Coast & Wine Country affords: Hiking, Canoeing, Kayaking, Paddle boarding, Horseback riding, Segway Touring, Wine tasting, Zipline through the Redwoods!
Birding, wildflowers, tidepooling, fishing, and so much more!
Come, relax and enjoy, here in the Russian River Valley Resort Area! Best Wishes, Dr. Joe
Only registered guests will have access to the property and its amenities.
Unfortunately, due to safety concerns, the property is NOT suitable for children under 12.
____ Due to safety & health restrictions, children under 16 are only allowed in the hot tubs with adults. Use at your own risk.
Extreme caution is required when using the spa due to it's location.
For safety, children under 16 must be supervised when on the elevated wrap-around decking.
This elegantly appointed home is not 'child proof' or specifically "child friendly". Please be respectful of the property. Roughhousing or 'horseplay' is dangerous & forbidden, due to the elevated large floor to ceiling windows, and elevated deck railings.
Personal library (books, cds, dvds): Please Do Not Remove.
--blu-ray disc player: plays both dvds and cds
Interaction with Guests
Thank you for your interest in retreat at The Theosphere: “The Sky Suite &/or Sunrise Mountain Studio”.
I'd be honored to be your host and/or Retreat Guide. If this booking is for a GUIDED retreat or EVENT (lead by Dr. Joe) please review the “Retreat” tab/button on my retreat website ( (website hidden) ), then kindly select the type of personal retreat or EVENT you prefer.
Also, if you have an additional 1 or 2 guests (7 or 8 total guests) on retreat, then it may be of interest to you to include the guest house “The Sunrise Studio” (Airbnb # (phone number hidden) ) in your reservation as a separate booking (check availability).
Ride your bike the 3 miles to the town's community tennis courts; bring your own tennis racquet.
Drive 7 miles (12mins) to world renown 9 hole course at Northwood Golf Club in historic Monte Rio or drive 35 mins down the coast to world class golf with grand ocean views on The Links @ at Bodega Bay
Russian River kayak rental in Monte Rio (12mins); or for ocean kayak rent at Jenner-by-the-Sea!!
search/contact Monte Rio or Guerneville local cab companies
Other Things to Note
Both bedrooms are situated as separate suites with their own bath and feature a comfortable Sleep Easy Memory Foam Mattress on an antique hardwood bed frame with headboard, footboard and sideboards. Satin or Egyptian Cotton (warm weather) or Flannel (cool weather) sheets are provided for your use. Since this is my home, kindly be careful about wine, etc. in the bedrooms; thanks!
Living area has a "Robotic" Massage Chair; a gas fireplace offers charm and function (keeps you cozy on a super-cool night) yet is separate from the whole-house force-air heating system (usually not necessary, but there if you need it :)
Sky Suite "House Rules" & Guest Agreement
Be sure to Agree to the "Guest Policy" before booking (initial where indicated *)
_____*Minimum Age Limit For Reserved Guests: 25 yrs. old with valid ID
_____*Pricing: Rates are as listed; additional guest @ listed rate/night/person.
_____*Cancellations: To receive 50% refund of deposit and/or any prepayment, notice is required no less than 30 days before check-in/arrival date (____* I understand this policy supersedes Airbnb cancellation policies.___* If I choose to cancel, and involve the host in my cancellation process, then a $75 service fee is deducted from my refund).
--Minimum Stays: There is a 2 night minimum.
--Check-in: 4:30 pm to 7pm. (late arrival only upon advance arrangement) ; no early arrival, no luggage drop
--Check-out: 10:30am. Exceptions upon request (DURING your stay), or may be subject to additional day charge.
--Visitors: We’re sorry, NO outside visitors during your retreat.
--Parking: Driveway/gravel use only (fire hazard!); parking is limited to ONE (1) vehicle per room (3 max!).
_____*NON-SMOKING Only! Sonoma County ordinance restricts smoking. Smoking (including use of “E”- cigarettes) is prohibited in the house and on the surrounding decks. Smoking in any of the rooms will incur an automatic $175 damage penalty. There are NO “designated smoking areas”.
--No outside noise from 10 pm-9 am per Sonoma County Vacation Rental Ordinance.
--Children: Unfortunately, due to safety concerns, the property is not suitable for children under 12; only w/ adult supervision in hot tub!
_____ *Due to safety & health restrictions, children under 16 are allowed in the hot tub only with adults
_____*Pets: Pet fee is in addition to your Airbnb lodging quote. For all size dogs (up to 3 dogs allowed) there is a non-refundable pet fee of $35/night/per pet. When booking, please indicate number of pets you are bringing : ___ @ $35/night x _____nights = Total amount due: $ ______ (For guest staying more than 2 nights, their pet reservation fee is discounted to $25/pet/night; if pets do not “check-in”, then refund in full!)
--Early Departures: There are NO refunds for early departures and/or unused nights.
_____*Additional Fees and Taxes: $150 cleaning fee “Sky Suite”; $75 cleaning fee “Studio”. ___*There will be an extra $75 cleaning fee due at check-out, if there is extensive food preparation & cooking. (Taxes included in reservation payment)
--EASY ON SUNDAY MORNINGS: Make it a really long weekend. Stay Friday and Saturday, then enjoy a late (2 pm?) checkout on Sunday. An extra day of wine tasting, Sunday brunch at a local restaurant, or just lounging by the fireside in your suite or on your deck with a favorite book. For sports fans, see the game on your large screen TV. The fine print: offer based on availability (check with owner DURING your stay!).
Signed: ______________________________________ Date: ______________
You may wish to begin your day with coffee. I’ve given you a head start by providing a variety of coffeemakers, some filters, etc. and some baked goods!
For your dining convenience, there are table & chairs sets for both indoor and outdoor dining (enjoy your coffee/light meals on the deck!).
For purposes of “what season clothes to pack?”, (wear layers for cool nights/mornings) check the Weather Center: (website hidden)
Dining Options: Although no meals are included, you may bring prepared food for reheating only; local dining options out/in are available. The kitchen in The Sky Suite is fully stocked with most utensils you'll need for serving or reheating prepared meals and snacks; including a refrigerator, microwave and toaster oven; stove &/or outdoor grill. You're also welcome to patronize local organic grocery, coffee/cafes, bakeries, and restaurants; and the Guerneville Safeway supermarket. If you come from the major airports, stop at any Trader Joe’s along hwy 101!
Comforts of Home: Linens are provided;
* Bed linens, blankets and pillows can be found in each suite.
* Towels for kitchen and bath are also provided (on premise use ONLY); please BRING YOU OWN beach towels and beach blankets.
Give Care/Caution when:
(1) Cooking indoors; Although no meals are included, you may bring prepared food for reheating only; local dining options out/in are available. The kitchen in The Sky Suite is fully stocked with most utensils you'll need for serving or reheating prepared meals and snacks; including a refrigerator, microwave and toaster oven; stove &/or outdoor grill. You're also welcome to patronize local organic grocery, coffee/cafes, bakeries, and restaurants; and a supermarket.
Note: There will be an extra $75 cleaning fee due at check-out, if there is extensive food preparation & cooking. The toaster oven works great for warming up leftovers and other goodies, as well as toast. But it does get HOT!
(2) Grilling outdoors: it is for light use only. Extensive grilling is restricted (i.e, no Ethnic BBQ, etc.). No extensive cooking or meal preparation on premises. To ignite: First turn 1 knob to ignite position, then press the “ignite” button; if it does not ignite, repeat procedure. Utensils are provided. PLEASE be sure to completely turn-OFF each knob upon completion. BE warned: Birds and other creatures WILL eat food left unattended :(
(3) Using the toilet: Nothing but your body waste and provided toilet tissue only...nothing else! Especially, No condoms or female hygiene products. The Sky Suite is on a limited "septic system", not city sewer; only use the specific toilet tissue provided sparingly to keep the system working properly. NO Grease in toilet or sinks.
(4) Using the spa/hot tub: use caution climbing in and out. Showering before use is suggested for balanced water management & your safety. After use, kindly be sure the jets are off and the cover replaced in order to maintain heat (and protect the pump system from overheating). Note: unit will not heat while jets are on.
(5) Using candles: contained/jar candles ONLY. No un-contained, no free-standing candles permitted indoors or outdoors. Do not leave lighted candles unattended.
(6) Bring your own BEACH Towels & blankets; guest towels/linens are for on-site use ONLY.
---No smoking on the property at any time. $175 damage penalty will be assessed.
---parking is restricted to the gravel driveway; 1 car per room/3 maximum. It is a fire hazard to park otherwise.
---Recycle: Kindly separate your recyclable items from regular trash!!!
---Used/dirty kitchen items i.e, dishes, glassware, utensils, pots & pans, etc. must be placed in dishwasher with 1 detergent cubes (1 in ) and started on “pots & pans” cycle before check out. Thanks :-)
(1) Pets MUST be kept off all furniture and off bed & bedding. (2) Out of respect for future guests, we require pets not sleep in our beds (this is a high flea and tick area!). (3) For the safety of your pet (“lions and tigers and bears...oh my!), pets are not permitted to roam unattended. When walking your pet, be sure to keep them on a leash and comply with community courtesy: please remember to “curb your dog” and pick-up/clean-up after them (doggy bags are provided: black “doggy bone”/waste bags are provided on side of house on the railing; place waste in black bucket Only). Thanks for respecting my property, other pets, other guests and my neighbors :)
---WiFi password: drjoe8220 (connect with “SkySuite” comcast)
---Please DO NOT use my white fine porcelain dishes or any items on top shelves!!!
---keyless entry: access code will be given upon check-in; although locking your door (especially while you are off the property) may not seem necessary, it is recommended.
---10:30 a.m. (If a late check-out “Easy on Sunday morning” is of interest to you, kindly check availability with your host during your stay).
---Double check you have all your personal belongings!
---Double check: Hot Tub is NOT on high speed; in the OFF position
---Double check: be sure the indoor & outdoor grill knobs are OFF
---Double check: Be sure the fireplace and heater/thermostat are OFF! Thanks :-)
---Used/dirty kitchen items i.e, dishes, glassware, utensils, pots & pans, etc. must be placed in dishwasher with 2 detergent cubes (1 in & 1 out) and started on “pots & pans” cycle before check out. Thanks :-)
Rev Dr. Joe was warm and welcoming and genuine. He clearly wanted us to have a good time and was kind enough to share his lovely home with us. What a spectacular little getaway!! The views of the trees and the valley. The hot tub. The open floor plan and attention to detail. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone looking for a little escape in the woods.
This host has 110 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I wish you peace, love and much joy as you prepare to COME TO CAZADERO! ...to Renew... Reflect... and Revive here in Northern California's Russian River Rental & Retreat site.
You can find out more "About Me" from my professional webpage: (website hidden)
My Favorite leisure activity:
Meeting friends, outdoor adventures, dancing and culinary arts
My Favorite TV-show:
I love the movies and my nightly dvds
My Favorite books:
J.R.R. Tolkien, Ken Wilbur, Joseph Campbell, Candice Pert, Andrew Harvey, Henri Nouwen, The Mystics, Rumi, Hafiz, Arthur Rex, The White Company, Hermann Hesse, Herman Melville, Walt Whitman, D.H. Lawrence, Thoreau, Shakespeare
My Favorite music:
Neil Young, Jonathan Edwards, BeeGees, Pointer Sisters, Jazz, Classical, Opera, 50's&60's, the Large Flowerheads, the Grease Band, Full Frontal Folk
My Favorite drink:
Sunday morning coffee, dark beer, organic red wines, filtered water & herb teas, vodka and tonic with an extra twist, and Anthony's Holiday mix
My Favorite meal:
Seafood, Mom's homemade Italian food and biscotti
My Favorite country for traveling:
My Favorite quotes:
"By Words the Mind is excited and the Spirit elated"
"The essence of being human is that one does not seek perfection"