"The Ladies Of Jazz" is located on the 1st floor of an early 20th century house in family district Twekkelerveld. We are conveniently located, with public transport to key locations in the region and easy access to surrounding nature.
We have been living in the house on the right for ten years, and recently bought the left side. We are building a library on the ground floor, the rest of the house is the B&B.
We bought our neighbouring house a while ago, and built our private library on the ground floor. We rent out the top floor as a Bed & Breakfast. This floor has a small room with a bed for two persons (double or separate) (ROOM 1), one small room with two beds in a bunk bed (ROOM 2), and one shared room for relaxing.
There is a shower on the first floor which you can use and a toilet and kitchen for your own use on the ground floor. Guests have access to our music library, our sizeable (500 m2) garden with chickens and some playing facilities for kids.
Interaction with Guests
We won't be available all of the time due to working obligations, but a lot of those are at our own house next door. Our intention is to be there every morning to serve you your breakfast. We are flexible people and always open to suggestions and ideas.
The reason why we live in the district of Twekkelerveld is because it offers easy access to a lot of key locations in the region.
Within 500 m:
- 3 Supermarkets Albert Heijn, Lidl, Emté.
- Small local shops for essentials such as bread, clothes, hairdresser, drugstore, etc.
- Bus stop (100 m) to University and city of Enschede (see below)
- Bus stop (500 m) to City of Hengelo
Within 3 km:
- City centre with lots of shopping options, nightlife, cultural options (museums, live venues, concert hall, etc.).
- Central railway station with direct connections Hengelo, Deventer, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague and Münster. Indirect connections to the whole of the Netherlands.
- University terrain
- Entertainment area with big cinema, football stadium (FC Twente), bowling area, indoor children's playground, ice skating rink.
- Three city parks with a lot of recreational options.
- The start of a cycling route around the city with a lot of recreational options.
Within 10 km:
- The (smaller) city of Hengelo
- International railway station in Hengelo with direct trains to Berlin. Indirect connections to the whole of Germany.
- Family entertainment Park "De Waarbeek" with the worlds' oldest still operational rollercoaster (don't expect too much from it, though!).
- recreational area Rutbeek with outdoor swimming
- recreational area Hulsbeek with outdoor swimming
- Tropical indoor/outdoor swimming pool
- A lot of options for hiking and cycling through the typical landscape in the East of The Netherlands (Twente)
We are very much connected to the cultural/recreational life in the area, please check with us for current activities.
There is a bus service from the University grounds to the railway station (line 1) passing our house every 15 minutes in daytime and early evening, and even more often during peak traffic. The same bus goes to the city centre with shopping area and several cultural hotspots and nightlife locations. It also has a direct connection with the hospital.
We have no own parking but parking is free in our street and there is always parking available within 200 meters from our house, most of the time even in front of our door. from our door to the highway only takes 5 minutes by car.
We have only our own bikes available at the moment and these are sometimes taken, but we are looking around to buy some more. If you are interested, please contact us for an update and specs.
The house is non-smoking, but there is a roofed smoking area in the garden. Animals are not allowed.
Het verblijf was heel fijn! We voelden ons op ons gemak. De kamer was klein, maar het bed was zo lekker (boxspring). De douche was fijn en het ontbijt is top! Alles bij het ontbijt was biologisch. Bedankt voor het fijne verblijf! Ik kan het iedereen aanraden.
Wir waren für 2 Nächte bei Arris. der sehr freundlich war. Da wir nur zum Schlafen dort waren und auswärts frühstückten, kann ich keine weiteren Informationen abgeben.
We zijn heel content over de ontvangst en uitleg van Arris. Bij binnenkomst in de hal hangt er een prikbord met allerhande informatie; bustijden, 'things to do and see' en een tijdschema waarop je zelf met een magneetje kunt aangeven hoe laat je wilt ontbijten. Dat konden we op dat moment of midden in de nacht als we toch later wilden ontbijten. Heel flexibel van de gastheer. Met een magneetje kon je ook kiezen voor een gekookt gebakken of roer eitje. Het ontbijt was uitgebreid en goed verzorgd. We hebben plaatjes gedraaid in zijn unieke muziekbibliotheek! De bedden waren goed maar voor mijn man van 2 meter te kort. Hij heeft hoe dan ook lekker geslapen.
Ook voor kinderen waren er spelletjes en leesboekjes te vinden. Maar die hadden wij deze keer niet mee ;-)
Een prima plek om te verblijven!
It was an awesome rest time for me. The hosts were really kind and trusting. Because of me having different plans for my stay I did not listen to any of their music records, but you sure have to! There are thousands of albums you could select from! For sure I would go back there :-)
An amazin place! Although we didn't spend much time at the LoJ we felt very welcome. We loved ..
- the house with the living room, library kitchen, ..
- the egg- configurator ;-)
- the delicious breakfast
- and, of course, the very hospitable and kind hosts, Arris and his family.
Thank you and hopefully see you again!
Arris and Marika were excellent hosts. The breakfasts were delicious, and they were kind, welcoming and accommodating. Great stay!
This host has 29 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
My name is Arris Roordink, I live in Enschede, The Netherlands. I teach music history at the conservatory in Enschede and I run an agency with offices in Enschede and Amsterdam. I am 39 years old (in 2014), I have a wife and 7yr old son, and I love music, reading and working.