About this listing
Ogamul is an authentic Hanok built in 1980. My family have lived here since then and I am the 6th generation. It is only 15 minutes away from Incheon airport and only 10~15 minutes away from the nearest beach. Experience real Hanok life !!
We offer a typical single room in a Hanok. Its size is 3.3㎡.
Many architects get fascinated with the sense of comfort and warmth that this small size of Korean traditional room gives you.
Perfect to people who want their own time alone, who likes simplicity, and who travel light.
Not suitable for travelers with lots of suitcases.
-a lounge and a common room open until 9:30pm
-Shared bathroom / shower with hot water,shampoo,conditioner and shower gel (Men/women separated)
- Home cooked Korean meal on request ( 10,000 KRW per person)
-Free breakfast ( cereal, Jam & Toast)
-complimentary tea & coffee
-Free Airport pick- up/ drop off
Interaction with Guests
My family also live in the house. But the family area is far enough to keep the privacy and close enough to help guests anytime.
We respect our guests privacy but at the same time we are always open to connect with guests. We sometimes have meals together, do the barbecue when the weather's nice, go for a walk together when the guests are up for it.
My father is a calligraphist and all the guests are welcome to give it a go for calligraphy practice.
The house is in a very quiet area 10~15 minutes walking distace from the bus stop.
But the road to the bus stop is right in the middle of the rice field and very pleasant to walk on.
For a short stay / one night stay>
- You can stroll around the local area which is very different from a big city.
- You can walk or cycle to the nearest beach and watch the sunset.
( 20~25 minutes on foot / less than 10 minutes by bikes)
- visit the local temple. It is very small but charming
For a long stay / more than 2 nights>
- There are 4~5 beaches along the coast lines. You can go for a long walk along the seaside. ( There are also local buses stopping each beach.)
- There is a famous island called 'Muuido' near Ogamul. It is famous for hikers as well since you can hike at the same time enjoying the view of the sea.
- You can also go to China town and Wolmi park in Incheon City. It takes appox 1 and half hours by bus. ( there is a direct bus from the bus stop near Ogamul.)
Small shop and simple restaurants are near the bus stop.(10~15 minute walk)
There are many restaurants and coffee shops near Ewrangni beach. ( 20~30 minutes by bike)
Other Things to Note
We have a Korean style futon which we lay on the floor. I usually put 2 or more together for those who are worried about feeling the floor. All room are with underfloor heating.
Please help keep the place quiet and peaceful after 10:00 pm.
Korean bedding- I put 2 or more mattress for those who are used to sleeping on the bed. Trust me you will like it with heated floor!!