About this listing
This quintessential San Francisco Victorian VIEW masterpiece is located in desirable Noe Valley, and blocks from the Mission. Recently remodeled, you will enjoy a comfortable and beautiful interior including a gourmet kitchen, marble baths and VIEWS.
My home is located on the boundary of Noe Valley and the Mission District - the most desirable neighborhoods in San Francisco due to it's sunny weather, close proximity to both freeways, shops and fabulous restaurants. My tree-lined street is highly coveted for its charm and quaintness.
The home was built circa 1885 by renowned San Francisco architect John Thomas Welsh. This treasure has been lovingly remodeled to meet the needs and wants of modern living while retaining it's original Victorian detailing and charm. The remodel has just been completed. The home, two levels over garage, has an abundance of natural light.
San Francisco Short-Term Registration Number obtained.
Interaction with Guests
I am available to answer any questions or if you need anything. Just text, email or call.
My home is centrally located in San Francisco. Easy and close access to both Freeways; Bay Area Rapid Transit, our subway, is 3 blocks away; Public Transit, MUNI, is 1 block away; and the J-Church streetcar is 3 blocks away. You can walk up 24th St. to the hub of Noe Valley to enjoy our quaint and charming neighborhood; or you can walk the other direction, down 24th St., to the edgy and vibrant Mission District where you will find new and exciting restaurants and shops. To get to my home from San Francisco International Airport, you can take BART (approximately $10.00 one way per person), a shuttle (approximately $20 one way per person), a taxi (various prices based on the number of passengers), or if you rent a car, it will take you approximately 15-20 minutes to my home.
Other Things to Note
I am delighted I can share this wonderful San Francisco masterpiece with others. I offer complimentary Keurig coffee with a variety of flavors of K-cups. There is a SmartTV in the living room with cable access; and another TV with cable access in the master bedroom. There is WiFi and CAT-5 throughout the house. The gourmet kitchen is fully equipped and there is no need for you to bring your hair dryer, towels, or linens.
My house is not child-proof, so it is not suitable for young children. Infants are welcome; I have a double stroller and one Pack 'n Play for your use. Children just starting to walk to five years are not allowed.
I have exclusive use of the back-yard garden. Guests have use of the deck off the kitchen and balcony off the back downtown view bedroom.
Everything you would need for a comfortable visit to San Francisco is here for you. Please email me if you have questions about the home, neighborhood, or availability.
I will be staying in the bottom level bedroom (behind the garage) while guests stay in my home. I will come up and retrieve my mail everyday at about 2 p.m.
Parking is limited to 2 hours on the street in the neighborhood, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. Also, look for "Street Cleaning" signs for day and time of street cleaning; if you are parked during those times, you will be ticketed.
Thank you in advance for following the house policies. Please do not be intimidated or overwhelmed by them; as you can see, most of them are simply common sense policies. Since I do not personally know the guests that will be staying at my home, I think it prudent that I write down my expectations of guests' behavior so everyone will know in advance. I have copies of the policies in a few of the rooms in the house in case a guest needs reminding. Please do not be offended by that. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for treating my home with care and respect.
1. No pets, smoking of any kind, or drugs, allowed in house, backyard, balcony, or deck.
2. No parties of any kind, which includes dinner parties with people other than those staying at my home. No business meetings with people other than those staying at my home, unless prior approval is given.
3. Keep noise level low after 10 p.m. on week-days (Sunday through Thursday) and 12 midnight on week-ends (Friday and Saturday). This means QUIET: no music, no loud voices, and TV on low volume. If you come back to the house after 10 p.m., please be considerate of my neighbors and myself and keep your voices low. This is in accordance with San Francisco Noise Ordinance.
4. No piano playing after 9 p.m. any night.
5. This is a shoe-free house for noise/sanitary/damage control; please take off your shoes and boots upon entering house; complimentary clean socks and slippers will be provided for you. Never walk on floors with shoes or boots! Please do not wheel luggage on floors. The softwood floors are original to the house, built circa 1885, and are easily damaged.
6. Absolutely no overnight guests allowed except those confirmed and paid with your reservation.
7. PLEASE HELP US CONSERVE! Turn off all lights whenever you leave the house. Please keep heat to 68 degrees maximum when you are in the home, and turn off heat whenever you leave. There are 2 heating zones, one for each level of the home. Please make sure both are turned off when you leave the house and turn off lights, heat, and fans in the bathrooms. California is experiencing a water drought; please be conscious of water use.
8. Always use coasters, provided for you throughout the house, on all surfaces when using drinking glasses, bottles, cans, etc.
9. Do not put wet towels over wood chairs in bedrooms, or leave wet towels on wood floors. There are clothes hooks behind bedroom closet doors to hang towels, etc.
10. Food is not allowed upstairs in bedrooms; please use kitchen to store food that you purchase and eat in the kitchen or dining room.
11. Clean kitchen after every use; wash dishes and pot/pans or put in dishwasher.
12. Please make sure front door and back French doors are locked and secured when you leave the house.
I will be staying in the downstairs room which is separate from the two levels that guests have access to, and I have a separate entrance so you will not see me at all. I will come up to retrieve my mail in the afternoons, around 2 p.m.; I will knock or ring door bell before entering.
Thank you for your cooperation. I hope you have a lovely visit to San Francisco.