This quintessential San Francisco Victorian VIEW masterpiece is located in desirable Noe Valley, and blocks from the Mission. Recently remodeled, you will enjoy a comfortable and beautiful interior including a gourmet kitchen, marble baths and VIEWS.
My home is located on the boundary of Noe Valley and the Mission District - the most desirable neighborhoods in San Francisco due to it's sunny weather, close proximity to both freeways, shops and fabulous restaurants. My tree-lined street is highly coveted for its charm and quaintness.
The home was built circa 1885 by renowned San Francisco architect John Thomas Welsh. This treasure has been lovingly remodeled to meet the needs and wants of modern living while retaining it's original Victorian detailing and charm. The remodel has just been completed. The home, two levels over garage, has an abundance of natural light.
My home is centrally located in San Francisco. Easy and close access to 280, 101, BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) is 3 blocks away, MUNI is 1 block away, J-Church streetcar is 3 blocks away. You can walk up 24th St. to the hub of Noe Valley to enjoy our quaint and charming neighborhood; or you can walk the other direction, down 24th St., to the edgy and vibrant Mission District where you will find new and exciting restaurants and shops. To get to my home from San Francisco International Airport, you can take BART (approximately $10.00 one way per person), a shuttle (approximately $20 one way per person), a taxi (various prices based on the number of passengers), or if you rent a car, it will take you approximately 15-20 minutes to my home.
Other Things to Note
I am delighted I can share this wonderful San Francisco masterpiece with others. I offer complimentary Keurig coffee with a variety of flavors of K-cups. There is a SmartTV in the living room with cable access; and another TV with cable access in the master bedroom. There is WiFi and CAT-5 throughout the house. The gourmet kitchen is fully equipped and there is no need for you to bring your hair dryer, towels, or linens. The house is not child-proof, so it is not suitable for young children who are walking. Infants are welcome; I have a double stroller and one Pack 'n Play for your use. Children younger than 10 years old will be considered on a case by case basis. I have exclusive use of the garden. Guests can use the deck. Everything you would need for a comfortable visit to San Francisco is here for you. Please email me if you have questions about the home, neighborhood, or availability.
I will be staying in the bottom level bedroom (behind the garage) while guests stay in my home. I will come up and retrieve my mail everyday at about 2 p.m. I will also come up and practice the piano when guests are out during the day.
There is 2 hour parking in the neighborhood, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. I rent a garage space for $25 per night if you rent a car and want the convenience of a parking space.
Thank you in advance for following the house rules.
Please remember, this house is my personal home, not a hotel, so please treat it accordingly - with care and respect.
1. No pets, smoking of any kind, or drugs, allowed in house, backyard, balcony, or deck.
2. No parties of any kind, which includes dinner parties with people other than those staying at my home.
3. Keep noise level low after 10 p.m. on week-days (Sunday through Thursday) and 12 midnight on week-ends (Friday and Saturday). This means QUIET: no music, no loud voices, and TV on low volume. If you come back to the house after 10 p.m., please be considerate of my neighbors and myself and keep your voices low. This is in accordance with San Francisco Noise Ordinance.
4. No piano playing after 9 p.m. any night.
5. This is a shoe-free house; please take off your shoes and boots upon entering house; complimentary clean socks and slippers will be provided for you. Never walk on floors with shoes or boots! Please do not wheel luggage on floors. The softwood floors are original to the house, built circa 1885, and are easily damaged.
6. Absolutely no overnight guests allowed except those confirmed with your reservation.
7. PLEASE HELP US CONSERVE! Turn off all lights whenever you leave the house. Please keep heat to 68 degrees maximum when you are in the home, and turn off heat whenever you leave. There are 2 heating zones, one for each level of the home. Please make sure both are turned off when you leave the house and turn off lights, heat, and fans in the bathrooms. California is experiencing a water drought; please be conscious of water use.
8. Always use coasters, provided for you throughout the house, on all surfaces when using drinking glasses, bottles, cans, etc.
9. Do not put wet towels over wood chairs in bedrooms, or leave wet towels on wood floors. There are clothes hooks behind bedroom closet doors to hang towels, etc.
10. Please do not eat upstairs in bedrooms.
11. Please make sure front door and back French doors are locked and secured when you leave the house.
12. Parking in the garage is available for $25 per night or day. Parking is tandem. Parking in the neighborhood is limited to 2 hours, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you rent a space in my garage, please be advised you will be required to get insurance on the car and I will not be held liable for any damage to your car. If you do have use of the garage, please make sure the garage door is closed when you leave the house and when you return.
13. I will be staying in the downstairs room and coming up to retrieve my mail in the afternoons, around 2 p.m.; I will knock or ring door bell before entering.
Thank you for your cooperation. I hope you have a lovely visit to San Francisco.
Jessica was a responsive and adaptable host. The gorgeous home is in immaculate condition. The neighborhood is our favorite, Steps from J muni train and Bart, 24th Street shopping and amazing variety of excellent restaurants.
Jessica was a gracious host! We really felt welcome in her home. She made sure that our stay was comfortable and that we had everything we could possibly need. She thought of everything. Her home is so lovely! All the rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. I must say that I am very picky when it comes to the bed I'm sleeping in when I travel but my bed here is just perfect! She made it easy for us to settle in. She also gave us some good advice on places to go to. Their house has everything you need - well equipped, perfect location, very clean and tidy. Would thoroughly recommend this listing to any of my friends and intend to stay here again when I come back to SF.
The house was beautiful – a really gorgeous restoration of a classic San Franciscan home. Jessica, understandably, is very particular about her home and she stays downstairs in quite close proximity, so you really feel more like a guest of her house and sometimes it can feel hard to relax and really settle in. In saying this, it was very clean, in a fantastic location and well looked after.
I didnt stay here personally but i visited the house and got very good feedback from the people staying here. Jessica have a super lovely house in a very good location. Its easy to get around in the city and to find good food in the area.
The only negative I heard was that the people staying in the house felt a bit watched and overcontrolled of all the rules that were printed out and put into every room. Of course Jessica takes great pride and care of her living but they felt it went a bit to the extreme of being reminded of all the rules and information about every person staying in the house. Everyone understood the house rules and totally understandable to follow them.
Overall a great place to stay and can be recommended to others.
Thank you for your review. I am so glad your colleagues enjoyed staying at the house. In response to the negative reaction of your colleagues to the fact that I have printed copies of the house rules in some of the rooms, I would like to point out a few items: first, even though I ask the people in the group to read the house rules prior to their arrival, I am not sure they have done so; secondly, I have had a few bad experiences where guests acted like children by completely ignoring or pushing the boundaries of the house rules; and thirdly, I have no idea if a new group will be responsible guests or not, so to ensure that my pristine home stays in pristine condition for future guests, I provide easily accessible copies of the house rules. (You would not believe, for instance, how many guests have forgotten, or out of carelessness, to lock my front door upon leaving.) So, again, I am sorry some of your colleagues took personally my efforts to protect myself and home.
Jessica graciously opened her home to some of my colleagues who were attending Dreamforce 2014. As a fully virtual company, it's important for the time we spend together to be comfortable and inviting, and her home proved to be just that. The Noe Valley location was also an easy trek to all of the Moscone Center craziness while still feeling like a retreat at the end of a busy conference day.
The home was beautiful, the location was great, and everything was comfortable and well appointed. Jessica also made herself available and checked in to ask if we were in need of anything.
I booked on behalf of a group of colleagues. Jessica was very responsive and patiently accommodated my requests to update the reservation. I did not stay in the property, but my colleagues reported that it was very clean and beautiful.
Jessica was very concerned about the house rules. My colleagues shared that they didn't feel totally relaxed for fear of breaking one of the rules. They were asked not to invite other members of our conference to the home for a drink or dinner. It's clear Jessica has put a lot of great work into the house and may not be at ease with the level of independence some other properties provide.
If you are comfortable with the rules and don't mind some restrictions, I would recommend this property.
Thank you for your review. Just to clarify, I did say the guests could have some other people over for a drink, but not for dinner. It states clearly in the house rules that there are no parties, and that includes dinner for people other than those staying at the property as it then becomes a dinner party. I have found that parties of any kind can get out of control. I had asked that all the people in the group read the house rules prior to their arrival so as to avoid such misunderstandings.
Originally from New York, I came to San Francisco to visit college friends and never left. I have owned my home for 30 years and recently completed the remodel; my beautiful Victorian home is a masterpiece and the way I always envisioned it to be.
Now, I'd like to share my work of art with other folks who would like to enjoy an authentic San Francisco experience.