About this listing
This quintessential San Francisco Victorian VIEW masterpiece is located in desirable Noe Valley, and blocks from the Mission. Recently remodeled, you will enjoy a comfortable and beautiful interior including a gourmet kitchen, marble baths and VIEWS.
My home is located on the boundary of Noe Valley and the Mission District - the most desirable neighborhoods in San Francisco due to it's sunny weather, close proximity to both freeways, shops and fabulous restaurants. My tree-lined street is highly coveted for its charm and quaintness.
The home was built circa 1885 by renowned San Francisco architect John Thomas Welsh. This treasure has been lovingly remodeled to meet the needs and wants of modern living while retaining it's original Victorian detailing and charm. The remodel has just been completed. The home, two levels over garage, has an abundance of natural light.
My home is best suited for people on business trips.
San Francisco Short-Term Registration Number obtained.
Interaction with guests
I am available to answer any questions or if you need anything. Just text, email or call.
My home is centrally located in San Francisco. Easy and close access to both Freeways; Bay Area Rapid Transit, our subway, is 3 blocks away; Public Transit, MUNI, is 1 block away; and the J-Church streetcar is 3 blocks away. You can walk up 24th St. to the hub of Noe Valley to enjoy our quaint and charming neighborhood; or you can walk the other direction, down 24th St., to the edgy and vibrant Mission District where you will find new and exciting restaurants and shops. To get to my home from San Francisco International Airport, you can take BART (approximately $10.00 one way per person), a shuttle (approximately $20 one way per person), a taxi (various prices based on the number of passengers), or if you rent a car, it will take you approximately 15-20 minutes to my home.
Other things to note
I am delighted I can share this wonderful San Francisco masterpiece with others. I offer complimentary Keurig coffee with a variety of flavors of K-cups. There is a SmartTV in the living room with cable access; and another TV with cable access in the master bedroom. There is WiFi and CAT-5 throughout the house. The gourmet kitchen is fully equipped and there is no need for you to bring your hair dryer, towels, or linens.
My house is not child-proof, so it is not suitable for young children. Infants and children to five years old are not permitted. Children over five will be considered on a case by case basis.
I have exclusive use of the back-yard garden. Guests have use of the deck off the kitchen and balcony off the back downtown view bedroom.
Everything you would need for a comfortable visit to San Francisco is here for you. Please email me if you have questions about the home, neighborhood, or availability.
I will be staying in the bottom level bedroom (behind the garage) while guests stay in my home. I will come up and retrieve my mail everyday at about 2 p.m.
Parking is limited to 2 hours on the street in the neighborhood, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. Also, look for "Street Cleaning" signs for day and time of street cleaning; if you are parked during those times, you will be ticketed.
Thank you in advance for following the house rules. Please do not be intimidated by them. As you can see, most of them are simply common sense. Since I do not personally know the guests who will be staying at my home, I have found it is prudent that I make it very clear what guests can and cannot do. I have copies of the rules in a few of the rooms of the house in case a guest needs reminding. Please do not be offended by that. Thank you for treating, with care and respect, this house I call my home.
For the health, safety, and enjoyment of everyone, including future guests, when you book a reservation at my home, you agree to the following:
1. No pets, smoking of any kind, or drugs, allowed in house, backyard, balcony or deck.
2. No parties or events of any kind are allowed, which includes dinner get-togethers with people other than those staying at my home.
3. This is a SHOE-FREE house. Take off shoes and boots upon entering. Complimentary shoes and socks are provided for guests. Never walk on floors/carpeting with shoes or boots!! Please do not wheel luggage on floors. The softwood floors are original to the house, built circa 1885, and are easily damaged. The no shoes rule is also for dirt and noise control.
4. ABSOLUTELY NO OVERNIGHT GUESTS other than those registered and paid for through Airbnb. If this rule is violated, your security deposit will be forfeited immediately. All guests in your group need to be confirmed and registered prior to arrival. Please do not try to sneak in any extra guests. I live in the bedroom below the two levels of the house that guests have access to, so I will notice if there are extra guests. Then you will be embarrassed and get defensive and we'll all feel uncomfortable and awkward when I ask you to leave without a refund. I reserve the right to come upstairs, any time day or night, if I think there are unregistered and unpaid guests, either adults or children, in my home.
5. ONLY REGISTERED GUESTS allowed in house day or night.
6. Do not give home access code to anyone other than those confirmed and registered with reservation.
7. Keep noise level LOW after 10 p.m. on week-days (Sunday through Thursday), and 12 midnight on weekends (Friday and Saturday). This means QUIET; no music, no loud voices, and TV on low volume. If you come back to house after 10 p.m., please be considerate of my neighbors and myself and keep voices low. This is in accordance with San Francisco Noise Ordinance.
8. No piano playing after 9 p.m. any night.
9. Please help us conserve! Turn off ALL lights and heat whenever you leave the house. Keep heat to 68 degrees maximum when you are in the house. Turn off heat, lights, and fans in the bathrooms after use. California is experiencing a water drought so please be conscience of water use. I reserve the right to go upstairs and turn off the lights, heat, and fans if guests forget to turn off the utilities when they leave the house.
10. Always use coasters, provided for you throughout the house, on all surfaces when using drinking glasses, bottles, cans, etc.
11. Do not put wet towels over wood chairs in bedrooms, or leave wet towels on wood floors. There are clothes hooks behind bedroom closet doors to hang towels and clothing.
12. Food is not allowed upstairs. Please use kitchen to store any food you purchase and eat only in the kitchen or dining room.
13. Clean kitchen after every use; wash dishes by hand or put in dishwasher. Do not turn dishwasher on unless it is full of dishes.
14. Please make sure front door and back French doors are locked and secured whenever you leave the house.
15. Sleeping on the couch in living room is not allowed.
I will be staying in the downstairs bedroom, (with my cat Levi, who never, ever goes upstairs), which is separate from the two levels of the house that guests have access to. I will come up everyday in the afternoon to retrieve my mail and remove any trash. Please call, text, or email me if you have any questions or if you need anything. I want to make sure your stay is as enjoyable as possible. Thank you!
Originally from New York, I came to San Francisco to visit college friends and never left. I have owned my home for 30 years and recently completed the remodel; my beautiful Victorian home is a masterpiece and the way I always envisioned it to be.
Now, I'd like to share my work of art with other folks who would like to enjoy an authentic San Francisco experience.