About this listing
$200 per night. Private rental of the retreat ~ 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, salt water pool. A quiet Texas oasis located between I-45 and 249 in Spring, Texas.
Your email address and phone number will be required in order to confirm a reservation.
We look forward to hosting your stay. :-) The Salt Lick Retreat is in Spring, Texas - west of I-45 and east of 249 / Tomball Parkway - in a quiet, safe neighborhood. Located 30 minutes north of downtown Houston, we are close to The Woodlands (27 minutes), ExxonMobil Campus (19 minutes), Hewlett Packard (10 minutes), parks, playgrounds, golf courses, movie theaters, walking and biking trails, horseback riding, gyms, restaurants, and shopping. Galveston Beach is a quick 1.5 hour drive away (a fun day trip).
The lush yard has a salt water unheated swimming pool with cool jacuzzi, both of which are open year-round for those brave enough to enjoy them during the winter! Winters are mild here, lasting December through February, with average temperatures of 45ºF to 66ºF. The yard features an outdoor gazebo, lounge chairs and seating, an 8'x14' rectangular trampoline with safety netting, fire pit, and a dual bbq (charcoal and gas). Monarch butterflies emerge from cocoons in the bushes (or on the furniture!) almost year-round.
This four bedroom, two and a half bath home is lovingly decorated with formal and informal Texas antiques and other furnishings.
For $200 per night, two bedrooms are available for 4+ guests in the right wing of the home (private rental). The Main Bedroom and bath are not included.
For $235 per night, three bedrooms and 2.5 baths are available for 6+ guests, with the Main Bedroom and bath added to your rental. The link to that rental is: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/8096234
This rental is for your PRIVATE use of the retreat, absolutely unshared - 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, without the owner onsite.
The Marzipan Room is a second floor queen bedroom that overlooks the salt water pool. The Cashmere Room is a second floor two twin bedroom that overlooks the front yard. Both bedrooms feature:
* Memory foam topped mattresses
* Light blocking curtains
* Soundproofed windows
* Ceiling fan with lights
The Cashmere Room also features:
* TV with Netflix, Hulu, etc.
* iMac computer
The property is secured with a security system alarm with security cameras (two outside, and one inside - for the front door, above the formal living room china cabinet).
If you need the retreat deallergen treated before arrival, please let us know. Two cats live here but will not be onsite during your rental. The deallergen treatment has been highly effective for people with severe allergies.
30 minutes from George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH).
The bedrooms may also be rented individually, or together for a reduced rate, with the owner onsite "B&B style" (with full breakfast included upon request).
Marzipan Room: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1651872
Cashmere Room: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1651972
Both Bedrooms: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1652043
Some concierge services, including personalized cooking, may be available during your stay if you wish, for an additional charge. Please ask if you are interested.
The property frequently receives competing rental requests, so you may want to inquire and confirm quickly, to ensure that you get the reservation!
Please see the Calendar for available rental dates.
If you prefer to work through Vacation Rental By Owner, this listing can be found by searching for #717409. You may also find us at thesaltlickretreat (with the usual .c ending!). Thank you.
* Living room TV with Dish Network, HBO, DVD/VHS player, Wii
* Large DVD and VHS video collection
* Breakfast room
* Formal dining room
* Formal living room
* Laundry Room
* 2 bedrooms upstairs
* Full bathroom upstairs
* Half bath downstairs
* Yard, pool, trampoline, etc.
* Wireless internet
* Parking included
* Family / kid friendly
NOTE REGARDING ONSITE CAMERAS:
1. No one monitors them unless there is an issue.
2. If an indoor camera for the front door, and outdoor cameras, concern you - then hotel / bank / etc. cameras should as well - and another property would better suit your needs. You will want to ask hosts in advance if there are cameras onsite. Texas law only requires that they be visible - and that they not be in bedrooms or bathrooms. It does not require that they be advertised etc.
3. I let guests know in advance that there are cameras, so troublemakers do not think they can get away with things. We have attentive neighbors. :-)
Interaction with guests
I am usually available same day, through text message.
Your personal email address and phone number are required after a reservation is accepted (for communication during the rental as needed - and sending the retreat address, entry and alarm codes, and other information). Please message that to us right away!
Your reservation will be for the number of people you listed in the reservation request. Parties are not allowed. Visitors are not allowed without prior approval, and can involve payment of an additional fee.
The primary renter must be 21 or older. Smoking (including E-Cigs) is not allowed inside. Fireworks and "commercial" filming or photography are prohibited on the property. Noise must be kept low inside and outside, so neighbors are not disturbed.
Pets and service animals are not allowed on this property. Please respect that service animals qualify for no FHA or AHA rights, or for rights under any other guidelines, in this private home.
Check Out is by 11am.
Check In is after 3pm.
Preapproved additional guests cost $12 each per night, for up to two guests (including infants). Approved in advance additional guests may stay in sleeping bags you provide, or with enough notice we can help out with air mattresses, bedding, linens and towels. Children and teens need to sleep upstairs - unsupervised children have caused damage in the past, which guests are responsible for.
If you need the retreat deallergen treated before your arrival, please let us know - with advance notice, this is included at no additional charge and has been effective for those with severe allergies.
Please keep in mind that Houston is hit by storms each year. It is consistently being developed and repaired. The house is in a beautiful, quiet area. Any storms, construction or repairs near the house will not be a basis for discount or cancellation, nor will our periodic power outages.
Through reserving this rental, guests acknowledge and agree to the following:
1. Guests are responsible for any damages to the property they cause, up to and exceeding the security deposit.
2. Guests may not use their Airbnb, bank or credit card company to dispute security deposit loss or other fees incurred due to loss / damage / etc. - or to dispute any other issue. Disputes must be filed in court, in the county in which the rental property is located.
3. Guests waive all legal rights to damages from the owner for any property damage, personal injury damage, lost items, stolen items, and any and all other damages. Note that no guests have had any problems with the aforementioned damages.
4. Breaking of house rules can result in guests immediately being required to leave with no refund, and a forfeit of the security deposit. Particularly: No animals; no more guests or visitors than those listed in the reservation request; unauthorized adjustments to the security system (including security cameras); and no loud noise or parties. Any unauthorized adjustment to the security system will incur a minimum $25 fee. Any unauthorized guests will incur a minimum $30 fee, per guest, per night.
5. Do not adjust the air conditioner thermostat to below 74 at bedtime, or below 75-76 during the day. You may request to pay for lower temperature ranges (the cost for that is $10 per day), but those are nice indoor temperature ranges, with or without the ceiling fans, due to the damp Houston air (tips: keep the doors and windows closed, and do not use the dryer while you are home).
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 134 reviews for other properties.View other reviews