In an uniquely Singaporean neighborhood, our small lovely apartment is centrally located in the trendy Duxton Hill / Chinatown area! Next to historic conservatory shophouses and temples; the neighborhood is an eclectic mix of high end restaurants, modern cafés, traditional kopitiams, famous hawker centers, boutique shops and cool bars.
Perfect location to explore all the best of Singapore and conveniently close to public transportation: there's a bus stop less than 1 minute away and the Outram MRT station is only across the street (5min/500meter walk to PurpleNE3 and 10min/800meter walk within the air conditioned MRT station to the GreenEW16).
The 2 bedroom apartment is newly renovated and decorated with original art and photography. Tons to do and eat within walking distance, short public transport trip, or even shorter taxi ride since we're in the ideal location for travelers! One of the biggest reasons we personally chose this apartment is because of its proximity to everything too; as expats, we wanted to experience true local life as well be a stone's throw away from amazing food, nightlife and culture.
You'll also share the space with Momo and Ralph Waldo: 2 indoor kitties that are basically your best house-mates ever. You'll probably only sporadically see Ralph; he's a bit timid and likes to hide. Momo will often greet you and maybe even cuddle with you. If you don't want them in your room though, just close your door and you won't even know they're around.
• Queen bed
• All linens (bath towels, bath mat, bed spread, extra blanket, pillows and beach towels; all freshly washed and ready for your arrival)
• Air conditioning and ceiling fan
• Cable TV in the shared living room
• Wi-Fi (200mbps fiber line!)
• International power adapter
• Washer AND separate Dryer - both new (it's nice to have fluffy clean clothing in this sticky humid weather.)
• Your own work desk and closet space.
• Your own key to the apartment.
• If you need, you can borrow a couple public transit EZ Link cards so you can easily tap in and out of the bus and MRT; just top up the card and you'll travel around like a local with no need to fuss with confusing ticket machines.
• Shared bathroom with large shower.
• Shared kitchen for those who like to do a bit of light cooking. Please help yourself to our kitchen-wares, just be courteous and clean up after yourself.
• To start your day, cereal, milk and coffee will be provided; so you'll have plenty of energy to gallivant through the city!
• A comfortable single sized futon floor mattress can also be provided for traveling duos who aren't comfortable sharing a bed or for 3rd guests (although the bedroom is admittedly a tad snug for 3 people but still bigger than some cheap hotel options; we have this option for traveling trios.)
• Sometimes Singapore is a bit noisy (frogs croaking, mahjong tiles clacking, thunder and the sound of "modern progress" aka construction sounds) so bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper... a good idea in any city. We occasionally use them and have new spares if you need!
• Anything else you'll need: forgot your shampoo, toothbrush, sunblock? We've got it. Ate too much chili crab and your stomach is acting up? Don't worry; we've got Pepto. Advice on what to do and where to go beyond what the guidebooks tell you? Just ask and we've got you covered.
Interaction with Guests
Laid-back and super clean American couple hailing from California. We're into music, art and basically anything creative. We love meeting new people and hearing their stories. Andrew traded his snowboard for a wake-board and has continued to play ice hockey in Singapore. Anne hops the planet from her media career in Los Angeles to Singapore- where she likes to explore the rest of South East Asia during her extended sabbaticals.
Since we live here too so we should be around for any of your questions. But if you're the type that needs a bit more alone time or privacy, your room has it's own lock so you can recover from your adventures in reflective solitude.
------Before You Book------
Since we'll be sharing our home with you, we like to get to know everyone a bit before we approve their bookings. PLEASE let us know a little about yourself (names of all guests, purpose of trip, favorite foods, hobbies, occupation(s), and anything else you'd like to share.) We're looking forward to hearing from you!
The Outram MRT station is only across the street (5min/500meter walk to Purple Line and 10min/800meter walk within the air conditioned MRT station to the Green Line).
When you exit the MRT station, take exit G and walk up the stairs and Everton Park is across the street on Neil Road.
If you take a taxi from the airport, please tell the driver to go to Everton Park. They all know where it's located. Exit the car just after the food area and look for Block 3. The elevator is next to a hair salon and Audacious Cakery. Go to the 7th floor and we are the first apartment to the right.
• Upon check-in, to make sure everyone has a smooth and happy stay, we'll give you a tour and run-through of how the appliances work and go over the house rules.
• DO NOT let Momo & Ralph outdoors. They're strictly indoor only cats and are not ready for the tough Singaporean streets.
• We ask that you remove your shoes at the entrance which is customary in Asia.
• Please do not invite any unregistered overnight guests into our home.
• No smoking in the apartment; if you must, please do so outside.
• Please be respectful of the shared spaces.
• Turn off all lights, air conditioning units and the water heater when not in use.
• If you choose to do some light cooking, please clean up after yourself. Be gentle with our cookware and especially our vintage drinkware as most of which have been imported and unavailable in Southeast Asia (the vintage pieces are irreplaceable.)
• Please lock the front door whenever you leave the apartment.
• There is no curfew and you can enter and leave as you please. If you do enter the apartment late and notice the lights are off, you're still welcome to use all shared spaces. Just keep noise level down slightly. Since we're night owls, we'll pay our guests the same respect.
• Please return the guestroom to the condition in which you found it, except of course for the linens which we will launder after check-out.
• Most of all, please enjoy your stay!
Anne and Andrew were great hosts with hospitality and responsiveness in mind. I had a good experience through the entire process of my stay in Singapore starting from the booking with detailed description of the apartment, the check-in with a short tour by Anne and helpful instruction guidebook, to the end very smooth check-out. They both were very friendly and I had a great time especially when they invited me a night cap chat. Their cats, Momo and Ralph, were tame and good companies too. The place was super clean and they've done a great job keeping it very tidy. The location was convenient and lots of bars and restaurants near by. Recommended!
I have stayed totally 5 nights at Andrew and Anna's place and I would absolutely recommend it. They were great host and their cats were well behaved. The check-in time was flexible and we got late check-out to suit our flight. The apartment was clean and comfortable with AC and it was just a few minutes walk to the subway. Will definitely come back again!
Wonderful hosts who have gone above and beyond to make you feel both welcome and to help you find your way in Singapore. Location is the real winner here!
Anne and Andrew were fantastic hosts, they were exceptionally quick to accept our reservation request (helping us out when we were left in a last minute bind) and made us feel at home for the duration of our stay. Wish we could have stayed longer!
Andrew is an easy, relaxed host with very good local info, all ready to read and follow. Flat is clean and nicely furnished. Nearby are cool areas to explore while public transport links make it easy to see the major sites.
Andrew was very flexible with check-in and check-out time, letting me in early and out late accommodating my schedule. He gave me a detailed tour of the place so I can be comfortable and at home. The location of the place was perfect, just 3 min walk from Outram Park station. And his place is spotless clean. I'd definitely stay here again!
Andrew is really a very calm and cooperative guy. Unfortunately we were not able to meet Anne but we really liked the place especially the cats. The place is very clean and very near to the MRT which is no doubt a plus point for this location. For places to visit, hangout, Andrew has already gathered all the maps and timings of the destinations. So you will not face a lot of problem to reach them and plan your schedule.
If you are looking for a cozy and budget place, we will recommend this place.
We're an American couple from Los Angeles, California currently lost in Singapore. Andrew traded his snowboard for a wake-board and has continued to play ice hockey in Singapore. Anne hops the planet from her media career in LA to Singapore- where she likes to explore the rest of South East Asia during her extended sabbaticals.
We're into good food, great drinks, music, art and basically anything creative. We love meeting new people and hearing their stories.