$75 per night, for 1-2 guests, in the bedroom. Infants are included in the guest count. Sleeps 1-4. 1 bedroom, private heated salt water pool and jacuzzi. A quiet Texas oasis located between I-45 and 249 in Spring, Texas.
Your email address and phone number will be required in order to confirm a reservation.
Yes, we are on high ground, maintained power, and came through the storm just fine!
We look forward to hosting your stay. :-)
The Salt Lick Retreat is in Spring, Texas - west of I-45 and east of 249 / Tomball Parkway - in a quiet, safe neighborhood. Located 30 minutes north of downtown Houston, we are close to The Woodlands (27 minutes), ExxonMobil Campus (19 minutes), Hewlett Packard (10 minutes), parks, playgrounds, golf courses, movie theaters, walking and biking trails, horseback riding, gyms, restaurants, and shopping. Galveston Beach is a quick 1.5 hour drive away (a fun day trip).
Our lush yard has a private salt water swimming pool with jacuzzi, both of which are open year-round (pool temperature is kept at 72-82 degrees year-round).
The yard features an outdoor gazebo, lounge chairs and seating, an 8'x14' rectangular trampoline with safety netting, fire pit, and a dual bbq (charcoal and gas). Monarch butterflies emerge from cocoons in the bushes (or on the furniture!) almost year-round.
This four bedroom, two and a half bath home is lovingly decorated with formal and informal Texas antiques and other furnishings.
Two bedrooms are available for guests in the right wing of the home.
The Cashmere Room is a beautiful second floor two twin bedroom that overlooks the front yard. It features:
* Memory foam topped mattresses
* Light blocking curtains
* Soundproofed windows
* Ceiling fan with lights
* TV with Netflix, Hulu, etc.
* iMac computer
The other available bedroom, the Marzipan Room, has a queen bed. Either bedroom may be rented individually, or together at reduced rate. The retreat may also be privately rented.
Marzipan Room: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1651872
Both Bedrooms: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1652043
2BR Retreat: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1654766
3BR Retreat (includes Main Bedroom and bath): https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/8096234
Full breakfast can be included upon request, except for longer rentals (guests prefer lower rates). Please make any requests a few days before arrival when possible. Most reasonable requests can be filled. Gourmet to southern cuisine orders are welcome. Please feel free to be creative with your requests! Breakfast can be served most anytime you wish between 7am and 11am.
30 minutes from George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH).
The property is secured with a security system alarm with security cameras (two outside, and one inside - for the front door, above the formal living room china cabinet), and by two very sweet cats.
The property frequently receives competing rental requests, from various online rental sites, so you may want to inquire and confirm quickly, to ensure that you get the reservation!
Please see the Calendar for available rental dates.
* Living room TV with Dish Network, HBO, DVD/VHS player, Wii
* Large DVD and VHS video collection
* Breakfast room
* Formal dining room
* Formal living room
* Laundry Room
* Full bathroom upstairs
* Half bath downstairs
* Yard, pool (72-82 degrees year-round), trampoline, etc.
* Wireless internet
* Parking included
* Family / kid friendly
NOTE REGARDING ONSITE CAMERAS:
1. No one monitors them unless there is an issue.
2. If an indoor camera for the front door, and outdoor cameras, concern you - then hotel / bank / etc. cameras should as well - and another property would better suit your needs. You will want to ask hosts in advance if there are cameras onsite. Texas law only requires that they be visible - and that they not be in bedrooms or bathrooms. It does not require that they be advertised etc.
3. I let guests know in advance that there are cameras, so troublemakers do not think they can get away with things. We have attentive neighbors. :-)
Interaction with guests
Two cats and I are usually home during shared rentals.
Your personal email address and phone number are required after a reservation is accepted (for communication during the rental as needed - and sending the retreat address, entry and alarm codes, PDF Welcome Manual, and other information). Please message that to us right away!
Your reservation will be for the number of people you listed in the reservation request. Infants are included in the guest count. Parties are not allowed. Visitors are not allowed without prior approval, and can involve payment of an additional fee.
1 night rentals, or guests with less than 3 positive reviews, will be required to pay a $60 Extra Services fee* immediately after booking. If there are no extra services (which includes rules violations), I will refund this to you after checkout.
Extra Services fees of any kind are due at the time the host sends them.
Pets and service animals are not allowed on this property. Please respect that service animals qualify for no FHA or AHA rights, or for rights under any other guidelines, in this private home.
As the cats are onsite during a shared rental, deallergen treatment will not be available.
The primary renter must be 21 or older. A responsible (legal drinking age, 21) adult must be at the property as part of the rental party. Smoking (including E-Cigs) is not allowed inside. Fireworks and "commercial" filming or photography are prohibited on the property. Noise must be kept low inside and outside, so neighbors are not disturbed.
Check Out is by 11am.
Check In is after 3pm.
Preapproved additional guests cost $21 each per night, for up to two guests (including infants). Approved in advance additional guests may stay in sleeping bags you provide, or with enough notice we can help out with air mattresses, bedding, linens and towels. Children and teens need to sleep upstairs - unsupervised children have caused damage in the past, which guests are responsible for.
Please keep in mind that Houston is hit by storms each year. It is consistently being developed and repaired. The house is in a beautiful, quiet area. Any storms, construction or repairs near the house will not be a basis for discount or cancellation, nor will our periodic power outages.
To complete your reservation with the host, after booking with Airbnb guests are required to:
~ Provide to the host your email address, and a phone number that will work during the reservation.
~ Reply to the confirmation email you will then receive from the host that contains the entry code, alarm code, and attached PDF Welcome Manual. This email will not come from Airbnb - it will be sent directly from the host's email to your email. Replying confirms your reservation with the host, and your agreement (as part of these House Rules) with all elements of the confirmation email and attachment Welcome Manual.
~ Pay any agreed to Extra Services fee(s) immediately upon request.
The property address, directions, and other important information are provided to confirmed guests via email, in the host-sent confirmation email (in the attachment PDF of the Welcome Manual). The entry codes, Internet password, and other important information are provided in the body of the confirmation email.
Through reserving this rental, guests acknowledge and agree to the following:
1. Guests are responsible for any damages to the property they cause, up to and exceeding the security deposit.
2. Guests may not use their Airbnb, bank or credit card company to dispute security deposit loss or other fees incurred due to loss / damage / etc. - or to dispute any other issue. Disputes must be filed in court, in the county in which the rental property is located.
3. Guests waive all legal rights to damages from the owner for any property damage, personal injury damage, lost items, stolen items, and any and all other damages. Note that no guests have had any problems with the aforementioned damages.
4. Breaking of house rules can result in guests immediately being required to leave with no refund, and a forfeit of the security deposit. Particularly: No animals; no more guests or visitors than those listed in the reservation request; unauthorized adjustments to the security system (including security cameras); and no loud noise or parties. Any unauthorized adjustment to the security system (including setting off the alarm, and not setting the alarm as required during the rental) will incur a minimum $25 fee per incident. Any unauthorized guests will incur a minimum $100 fee, per guest, per day. The lost key fee is $30 per key set. The extra mess cleanup fee is $50 minimum. The smoking (including eCigs) inside fee is $100 minimum.
5. Do not adjust the air conditioner thermostat to below 74 at bedtime, or below 75-76 during the day. You may request to pay for lower temperature ranges (the cost for that is $10 per day), but those are nice indoor temperature ranges, with or without the ceiling fans, due to the damp Houston air (tips: keep the doors and windows closed, and do not use the dryer while you are home).
*This Extra Services fee is in place for 1 night rental guests, or guests with less than 3 positive reviews, partially due to the increase in guest issues following Airbnb's recent move to no longer require that security deposits be paid up front.
This host has 147 reviews for other properties.View other reviews