About this listing
This custom-built log home has all the amenities of a 5-star hotel with total privacy and seclusion. Set in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains just 2 hours from the Bay Area, this is the perfect getaway for your family and friends.
Come stay in a secluded, custom-built, luxury log cabin nestled in the woods. Situated on five acres of private forested land in the heart of California's historical Gold Country, Gold Creek Cabin is only a 2-hour drive from the San Francisco Bay Area and just over an hour from Sacramento. You'll avoid the Tahoe commute traffic and feel so far away from it all. Gold Creek Cabin (3,500 foot elevation) is 38 miles (61 km.) downhill from Kirkwood Mountain Resort and just 16 miles (26 km.) uphill from Sutter Creek, one of the most popular and well-preserved Gold Rush towns, offering a variety of nice restaurants, antique stores, and unique shops.
Gold Creek Cabin was designed to accommodate two families comfortably:
- 4 bedrooms plus loft, 3 ½ baths
- Three queen beds, built-in triple bunk bedroom, and queen & twin AeroBeds for loft (sleeps 9-12)
- Reading, game and TV loft with skylights
- Large recreation room with fireplace, pool table, dartboard
- Home theater with HDTV flat screen and Bose audio system
- DirecTV HD, Blu-ray player with hundreds of DVDs, and Netflix streaming
- Free high speed (12 Mbps) WiFi service
- Large wrap-around deck on two sides with gas grill
- Private balconies off upstairs bedrooms
Enjoy “luxury camping" amenities:
- Gas campfire and Adirondack chairs on the front deck
- Gourmet kitchen with granite counters and stainless steel appliances
- Radiant heating in bathroom floors
- Tankless hot water system for endless hot water
- Two gas fireplaces, instant on with thermostat
- Central heat and A/C
- Full-size washer and dryer in utility room
Guests will have full access to the entire house and property as the owner does not live at the cabin. Using a key in a lock box on the front door, guests can check in and check out themselves.
Interaction with Guests
Guests will enjoy complete privacy during their stay. Situated on a forested five-acre site, you can't even see the homes of neighbors on the road.
Gold Creek Cabin is located in a subdivision of five-acre lots so the houses are very far apart and not usually visible due to the trees in the Sierra foothills. Volcano, with a population of only about 100 residents, is a small Gold Rush town with a lot of history.
Basic Rental Rules:
•Key is in a lock box on the front door and you will receive the code a couple days before your planned check in
•“Check in" after 4PM, “check out" before 11AM (inquire about early check in or late check out)
•Well behaved dogs allowed with permission, but no other pets please
•If you have any questions or problems, please contact the owners