About This Listing
This is a spacious house with room for five (5) persons in Buchupureo, in the town, in a residential neighborhood,
It has a shared Bathroom, with hot water, kitchen to cook your meals andhave breakfast, english spoken staff, internet, heating, TV. There is a beautiful garden with the lemon trees, hammock, a living room and birds singing.
Just five minutes from the beach, stores near, car park.
Located 211 kilometers northwest of Concepción, this rural village has a population of more than 5 000 inhabitants who have been privileged to live in an area full of magic.
Coastal life here
Its streets were full of old houses built of adobe and stone slab, they reflect an idiosyncrasy difficult to disrupt by technological advances and emerging development in nearby cities. It is not uncommon to see the locals moving on horseback through the town, while some women sell agricultural products, handmade jams and algae in the village square and the young foreign visitors are amazed at its beauty and simplicity.
Come and enjoy while living the magic of the area!!
Initially we planned on staying more days with Nicolas and Carolina, and although Nicolas was really friendly, we ended up leaving after 1 night. We wouldn't recommend staying at this place because of a couple of reasons, see below. In our opinion the price they charged per person (19 euros) is fairly overpriced, considering:
- one of the beds was old and uncomfortable, and not acceptable anymore to rent out.
- it was not clean, there was sand on the bed, the bathroom was dirty and in my bed I found a huge dead insect which had probably already been there for a while.
- the breakfast was not included on the price, but charged additionally. Prices of the food and drinks where higher than in restaurants troughout Chile. You could not even get a coffee, they would charge you an additional 1000 pesos for that.
- there was no WiFi, contrary to what it said on airbnb. If you asked, Nicolas would put the hotspot on his phone on, for a while, so you could use this internet, which was very slow and obviously only worked when Nicolas was at home and was not using his phone himself.
- I wanted to go surfing and Nicolas was so friendly to ask his friend to rent me a wetsuit ( which I paid separately), and offered me to use his surfboard. But when we were leaving all of a sudden Carolina meant I still owed her 10.000 pesos for the couple of hours I used the surfboard. If they would have told us in advance it would all have been fine, but this way it just felt wrong. Additonally they also asked us 3000 pesos to bring us to the surfspot nearby.
- overal we got the feeling they were just trying to make as much money as they could out of our stay, which made us feel very uncomfortable. For me they exploited the whole idea of hospitality airbnb is about.
I say this a lot, but this place is what AirBnB is about. Local young couple with a cute kid who have a few extra rooms to rent out. The local beach is beautiful and fantastic for surfing, plus some cool sea cave / rock and a small sea lion colony. The beds are in the attic - nice and warm and cozy. Keep in mind you're in their house - the kitchen is not some luxury kitchen, so plan on cooking basic meals. But Nicolas and his wife and great company and I would consider myself lucky to see them again in the future.