About this listing
Best little spot in Venice.
Five Reasons This is the Best Deal in Venice:
1. Your cozy room is detached from the main house for extra privacy, has its own side entrance and feels like a little cabin in Big Bear.
2. You get to stay with me, my husband and brand new baby girl and well, we're pretty cool.
3. You can walk everywhere. Beach--3 blocks away. Abbot Kinney and all the best restaurants and shops--you can spit there. (Gross, but you catch my drift.) There's like 75 nearby yoga studios. Whole Foods--ten minute walk. Bus stop--half a block away.
4. Your room has a coffee/tea station, mini-fridge, filtered water, organic sheets, an iron, great natural light, wifi, and a desk for working (if you gotta).
5. You have access to the main house including the fabulous kitchen with great gadgets (like a Vitamix, food processor, mixer, etc), washer/dryer, the super cool shared bathroom as well as all the great outdoor spaces.
We are nice people. We're super easy going, our place is clean (though we do like to cook up a storm in the kitchen and that means the occasional explosion that we clean up). We are both actors and I also work as an acting coach which means the occasional client in my office. We love to be outside and have a regular yoga and meditation practice. We enjoy helping our guests out with recommendations for cool stuff to do if needed. We are pretty busy so we aren't always around a lot, but we do enjoy a little chat here and there if you are keen. Or you can use your private entrance and never see anyone unless you have to pee. Then you gotta come inside.
On that note, you do need to go outside to get to the main house (including the bathroom) so you gotta be down with that. We used to have our room out there and we loved it. It's kind of magical. The bed is a full/double sized comfy, brand new mattress.
There is filtered water for drinking as well as in the shower. We use all natural cleaning products for extra goodness. When needed, all rooms are warmed up with space heaters.
We'd also be happy to let you borrow our extra thrasher bike if you need it, but no guarantee...Just in case it goes wonky.
There's usually plenty of parking in the alley where you enter our house. Otherwise it's easy to park on the closest street.
We are always a non-smoking house. (I mean, come on, we don't even use Windex.)
Pets may kind of be a tiny bit negotiable.
Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be happy to help!
When entering the main house early in the morning or late at night, please be mindful of your noise.
Please use the squeegee (is that how you spell that?) on the glass in the shower after each use. This helps us protect it, thanks. Also, if you get water on the bathroom floor after your shower, please wipe it all up. It gets slippery in there.
Clean up your dishes and any other messes (wipe the counters/stove!) in communal areas when you're done.
Our office and bedroom are private areas, although we'd be happy to let you print from the printer or use the landline.
If you use the cast iron pan, please never cook anything acidic inside (wine, lemon, tomatoes, etc), NEVER use any soap, and dry it completely when clean. Just ask if you have questions.
Please don't use the washing machine or dryer late at night or early in the morning while we are sleeping. It's right on the other side of our heads! :)
My great grandmother's teacups on our top kitchen shelf are special and off limits to our guests. I'm sure you understand.
My husband Matt and I are both actors and have a business coaching actors as well. I have lived in this truly unique home for ten years and its beauty and ridiculously close vicinity to the beach and outstanding Venice neighborhood has us planted here for some time to come.
We love to travel and can often be found camping, on a surf trip somewhere or maybe even off trudging around in some cool foreign county we haven't visited yet.
We are often described by people we meet as "the coolest couple ever", which may be taking it a bit far, but I must say, we are pretty happy and are living the life we desire, so it probably shows.