About this listing
Our spacious garden-level extra bedroom is a sweet retreat on Chicago's North Side. It comfortably accommodates two, and features a private bathroom, washer/dryer access and parking. Quaint garden out back, quiet street out front, semi-private entrance and El/Metra/CTA bus within walking distance.
WHAT MAKES OUR PLACE UNIQUE?
• Clean, rehabbed, modern bedroom for two
• Private bathroom, with spa-rrific shower (bathroom ceiling's a bit low, an FYI for all you b-ball players)
• Semi-private entrance
• Quiet, family-friendly block
• 5-minute walk from Foster and Clark streets
WHAT WILL YOU HAVE ACCESS TO?
• Complimentary wi-fi
• In-room cable TV
• Washer and dryer access
• Space heater and portable fan
• In-room mini-refrigerator
• Hair dryer
• Garage parking spot (if needed, at a small daily fee)
Ravenswood is a North Side sweet spot, walking distance (or a short bus ride/drive) to some of the city's most diverse neighborhoods: Andersonville, Uptown, Lincoln Square and Lakeview.
Restaurants and bars:
Mariano's (groceries and food)
La Colombe Coffee
Little Bad Wolf
Hot G Hot Dogs
Taste of Heaven
Green Mill Jazz Club
Old Town School of Folk Music
Half Acre Brewery
Lillstreet Art Center
Ravenswood Arts District
Argyle Street/Little Vietnam
Black Ensemble Theater Company
4 min walk (takes you to downtown Chicago/Loop in 20 min)
9 Ashland - 3 min walk
81 Lawrence - 7 min walk
52 Foster - 7 min walk
El (CTA train):
Brown Line Damen station - 15 min walk
Red Line Lawrence station - 20 min walk
1. Please take off your shoes inside the house. We try to keep our place super clean. NOTE: The floors can get a little bit cold, so please feel free to bring slippers or thicker socks. We also provide slippers if you forget yours.
2. The living room and kitchen are our private space.
3. We try—and would like our guests to as well—to keep it down between 10pm-7am so everyone gets a good night's sleep.
4. Turn off the lights in the hallway and in your room, and shut off the space heater or fan when you're not around.
5. Be sure to lock up when you leave the house.
6. No smoking, drugs or pets, please.
7. Enjoy Chicago!
CC & Tun were really nice and helpful hosts, always available to help you find a good place to eat or drink in the beautiful and friendly Ravenswood neighborhood. You can access the room through a private entrance, so you can go out and about without disturbing your hosts.
The room is in the basement but there are windows so it is not dark, and it has a nice atmosphere. It is also really big! Much bigger (and cheaper) than what you would get in a hotel downtown.
It is located between two major subway lines (Argyle - red; Damen - brown) so going downtown is really convenient.
We would definitely love to go back there to stay if we ever go back to Chicago!
We had a wonderful (website hidden) was very helpful, welcoming, the location was perfect, and we felt very safe.
Nice private space that looks as advertised. It was very clean and quiet and only 15 mins from downtown (website hidden) made us feel very welcome and was easy to coordinate with
The listing was in a great safe neighborhood. Parking was on the street which is typical for Chicago. We were a tad confused about how to enter the rented space so the host walked us in and explained the layout of the accommodations. He was quite welcoming.
Look no more! THIS is the place to stay if you are heading to Chicago!!! The room is spacious, super clean and has everything you need including a dorm size refrigerator, microwave, gorgeous private bathroom with an amazing shower, a huge walk- in closet, sitting area and private entrance!!! The neighborhood is well kept and safe! The #22 bus is just 2 short blocks away on Clark! It runs 24/7 every 30 minutes for $2.25 a ride! Much cheaper than city parking and incredibly convenient!! This bus took us directly to Wrigley Field and downtown Chicago! On Monday and Thursday each week, a free concert is performed at the park pavilion near The Bean! Be sure to bring a blanket, adult beverages and food! Tun and CC always respond to texts and questions in a speedy fashion! Don't miss staying with them if you are in Chicago! You will not be disappointed if you book this space!!!
About the Host, CC & Tun
We love to show travelers around Chicago as much as we like to travel. When Tun isn't teaching at a public school and CC isn't editing and writing magazine articles, we're rock climbing or eating our way through the city. Together, we've been to over 45 countries and lived in five. 他會說漢語, y ella habla español, if you need a translator. Come stay in our urban oasis!