About this listing
Our spacious garden-level extra bedroom is a sweet retreat on Chicago's North Side. It comfortably accommodates two, and features a private bathroom, washer/dryer access and parking. Quaint garden out back, quiet street out front, semi-private entrance and El/Metra/CTA bus within walking distance.
WHAT MAKES OUR PLACE UNIQUE?
• Clean, rehabbed, modern bedroom for two
• Private bathroom, with spa-rrific shower (bathroom ceiling's a bit low, an FYI for all you b-ball players)
• Semi-private entrance
• Quiet, family-friendly block
• 5-minute walk from Foster and Clark streets
WHAT WILL YOU HAVE ACCESS TO?
• Complimentary wi-fi
• In-room cable TV
• Washer and dryer access
• Space heater and portable fan
• In-room mini-refrigerator
• Hair dryer
• Garage parking spot (if needed, at a small daily fee)
Andersonville is a North Side sweet spot, walking distance (or a short bus ride/drive) to some of the city's most diverse neighborhoods: Ravenswood, Uptown, Lincoln Square and Lakeview.
Restaurants and bars:
Mariano's (groceries and food)
La Colombe Coffee
Little Bad Wolf
Hot G Hot Dogs
Taste of Heaven
Green Mill Jazz Club
Old Town School of Folk Music
Half Acre Brewery
Lillstreet Art Center
Ravenswood Arts District
Argyle Street/Little Vietnam
Black Ensemble Theater Company
4 min walk (takes you to downtown Chicago/Loop in 20 min)
9 Ashland - 3 min walk
81 Lawrence - 7 min walk
52 Foster - 7 min walk
El (CTA train):
Brown Line Damen station - 15 min walk
Red Line Lawrence station - 20 min walk
Yellow Cab: (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Flash Cab: (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) Taxi: (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Uber is also pretty reliable in this neighborhood.
1. Please take off your shoes inside the house. We try to keep our place super clean. NOTE: The floors can get a little bit cold, so please feel free to bring slippers or thicker socks. We also provide slippers if you forget yours.
2. The living room and kitchen are our private space.
3. We try—and would like our guests to as well—to keep it down between 10pm-7am so everyone gets a good night's sleep.
4. Turn off the lights in the hallway and in your room, and shut off the space heater or fan when you're not around.
5. Be sure to lock up when you leave the house.
6. No smoking, drugs or pets, please.
7. Enjoy Chicago!