About this listing
Walking distance (only 7min walk) from Fira town the capital of the island where the big market, shopping, museums and nightlife. Our village is very peaceful and away from the "panic" of the town. My favorite museum in the world is in Fira town, the Prehistoric Museum. There are plenty of things to do from historical, sightseeing, activities, sports or just relaxing and enjoying the picturesque sea views & I am here to make sure you have everything you need and make you feel like home :)
Cocoon cave feel's like a big "Hug" the round room give's you that warm feeling and the cute kitchenette stands where the old wood-stove used to be, there is also a round cave bathroom. The studio has organic and minimalistic look. Cave studio for 2 ppl. with breathtaking views from the spacious terrace!
Imagine the view being 250meters above sea level, on top of the unique volcanic caldera circular island, looking out at the spectacular crater island "Kameni".
The studio has apart from the double bedroom, a kitchenette and a round cave bathroom. Out in the big shared terrace sun-beds and dinning aria available with unblocked spectacular «caldera» views and amazing sunset!
Interaction with guests
Discrete interaction with guests. Hostess is around premises twice a day and online 24/7.
Other things to note
It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes and bring a light jacket or a windbreaker. It tends to get chilly after sunset. Cobblestone traditional paths and steps in all villages, high heels might damage your feet. All clean linen and towels are provided! As well as local "Nychteri" welcome wine, water, orange juice bottled water & Jacobs filter coffee. (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
• Water is precious, there are no natural springs on this island. Tap WATER is desalination water from sea water. It cannot cause you any infection but it contains too much salt. It is advised to drink bottled mineral water.
• Santorini has a delicate sewage system, please do not flush any toilet paper or rubbish, use the special bin provided. Waste bin is just next to the toilet, It may sound odd but last year a guest flushed underwear and expect it to miraculously disappear! Naturally it created a blockage that took two days to fix! Help us keep the sewage system running!
• For HOT water please pull up the ‘BOILER’ levier [RED light ON], wait for max 20 min then turn it OFF & you are ready to take a hot shower!
• SMOKING IS NOT ALLOWED INDOORS.
• Towels and sheets are to be used only in your studio. Please do not take them to the beach. It requires double the amount of energy and washing powder to clean them of the salt water and sand.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 369 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am a graphic designer most of my life among other creative paths.
Sensyo Home is a big part of my life that I want to share.
It is a blessing to share all this natural beauty!
I was working from Sensyo home the first 3 years and comparing my creativity to when I lived in the big city of Athens, where I lived and worked until 2008, I was multiple times productive and efficient!
I am blessed to live in such a beautiful place. Living in a traditional cave home is an experience. I have stayed in all 4 units the past 7 years and I do have many stories to tell about the "cave" effect & the rejuvenating sleep one has in a cave!
Sensyo Home name was inspired by the word senses…
Each unit has a unique identity that reflects onto one particular sense:
"Envision" the eye - window to caldera
"Cocoon" the touch - round like a big hag
"Soundscape" the ear - waking up to chirping birds
"Gravitate" - for the sense we take for granted - you sleep so heavily, you think parts of you are falling off
The "round" shapes and the fact that you are underground automatically set you in another scenery. You feel protection from the intense sun, wind or cold the moment you step into the cave.
The scenery here helps you focus and has intense energy. Most visitors simply fall in love with it and want to come again and again. Let alone the history of the island going back 36 hundrend years!
Sharing is powerful, we are blessed to live on this beautiful island and blessed to have all this love from travellers across the continent.
You and your loved ones are more than welcome to share!