Short walk to 3 of Portland’s most popular neighborhoods - Hawthorne, Belmont, and Laurelhurst! Wonderful tap-houses (beer), shops, and top restaurants are quickly accessible. The suite includes bedroom, bathroom, TV area, small kitchen. Bus is 1 block away and a 15 min. ride to downtown.
The downstairs is your private suite while you are staying with us. This includes the bedroom, bathroom and TV sitting area.
The bed room is cozy with a large bookshelf. The bed is a Full Extra-Long which is as long as a queen bed but a few inches narrower. (Accommodates 2 adults.)
The TV sitting area has a large comfortable couch and flat screen TV with Netflix, HBO Go, etc.
The space includes private tea and coffee service, a hot pot, microwave, refrigerator, and plates/silverware.
In case you've forgotten toiletries - the bathroom is stocked with supplies (toothbrushes, hair dryer, brush, shaving products, feminine products, etc.) Please feel free to use any of the supplies in the bathroom. (Behind the mirror and under the sink.)
There is closet to hang your clothes, a luggage stand to lay out your luggage and a full length mirror in the bathroom.
Feel free to use the main kitchen - a chef's dream - complete with Wolf gas range and lots of counter space.
The main floor sitting area has a beautiful antique fireplace and is a cozy place to relax. (If you're interested in a fire - just ask and we'd be happy to show you.)
Additionally, the main floor has an open space, with garden view, which can be used for yoga.
The outdoor patio, with both a covered and uncovered space, is private and a wonderful place to relax on a warm evening.
Interaction with guests
We would be happy to chat and offer any insights / suggestions for your Portland stay. Or, since the suite is private - feel free to get away and not worry about interacting with us. It is all up to you, your comfort level, and your desires. An owner will be present during guest stay so feel free to contact us with any questions, requests, or if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable.
Other things to note
The cat, Tybalt, is very mellow. He may be interested in meeting you upon your arrival but is devoted to his owners and will generally spend his time with us.
Portlanders are dedicated to reducing our environmental impact. Below list some of the sustainable features in the house and requests:
• Due to the environmental impact - bottled water is not provided. A pitcher of purified water can be found in the refrigerator in the furnace room (through the laundry room.)
• Environmentally friendly cleaning supplies are used in the house
• LED's: A majority of the house lights are LED’s, reducing energy usage
• Glass recycling – located in the garage next to the kitchen door
• Composting – food waste only. Behind the garage. Seen from the kitchen window
• Paper, plastic and metal cans – paper bag by the garbage can in the kitchen
• If guest are staying multiple days, sheets and towels will be washed once per week. (Unless requested otherwise by the guest)
Per City of Portland laws:
• The house has obtained a permit to operate as an AirBnB short term rental location in Portland. Permit #14-224916-000-00-HO.
License or registration number
Learn about this number
1. The cat is an indoor only cat. Please do not let the cat outside. For the comfort of future guest - please do not let the cat into the guest bedroom.
2. Check out time is 12 pm. Please touch base with the host if you need to discuss a later check out time or store luggage. (Unfortunately, we cannot always accommodate late check-out or luggage storage - but we will do our best to help.)
3. This is a no smoking home. (For all items - cigarettes, vapor, marijuana, pipe, etc.) Feel free to step outside to the back patio.
4. If using the kitchen please clean up after yourself. There is a dishwasher so please stack anything you use in it. No need to start the wash.
5. Please do not use any food or drink in the kitchen which you have not purchased.
6. Please do not use the fireplace when the owners are not at home. Also, always use the fire-screen when the fire is lit.
7. The top-floor of the house (2nd story) is off-limits. If you need something just yell up the stairs from the main floor and (if we are home) we'll be down in a jiff to help you.
I, of course, love travel and have traveled extensively.
I've spent time backpacking through India and SE Asia (for an entire year) to motorcycling across Mongolia! Countries I've visited include: Iceland, Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, England, France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, India, Nepal, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Mongolia, Singapore, Indonesia, Mexico, Austria, and Argentina (as well as extensively traveled throughout the US and Canada.)
My travel style is flexible. I have 'roughed it' or 'vacationed well' while my husband’s style, is more oriented towards ‘vacationing well’.
We are foodies and love everything from street food to Michelin star restaurants. We like wine and beer both and love to try new things.
My husband, Collin, and I are both Geek loving Sci-Fi/Fantasy people. We play computer games and board games (favorite computer game: BioShock; favorite board game: Twilight Imperium), as well as watch / read a lot of Sci-Fi/Fantasy movies/books.
We are always excited to meet new people and learn about different cultures. I hope you will stay with us! (And our cat Tybalt!)