About this listing
Spacious and clean four bedroom, two bathroom apartment. Beautiful, safe Brooklyn neighborhood. Close to Manhattan via Subway. The other apartment is me and my family.
Brooklyn Vacation Rental for up to 8 people
Vacation Rental Details:
This apartment is in a 2 family house (the other apartment is me). We rent the apartment out as a vacation rental. It's a great way for tourists to visit New York City, and not have to pay hotel prices!
- master bedroom (queen bed)
- master bathroom
- three bedrooms (full beds; all bedrooms are private and have windows, except for fourth bedroom, which is private, but has no window)
- second full bathroom
- Comfortable living room with two sofas, TV and DVD player
- Kitchen equipped with dishes, silverware, pots & pans, stove/oven, dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, fridge/freezer
- Linens and towels included
- no washer or dryer, but there is a laundromat one block away (they also do drop-off service for a reasonable price)
- Internet access (WiFi) included
- very clean (I clean it myself after every group), non-toxic/ biodegradable cleaning products
- Security Deposit required (normally $500, due at check-in)
- 20-30 minutes to Manhattan via subway
- close to 2/3 trains (@ Grand Army Plaza), B/Q trains (@ Seventh Avenue)
- short walk to Park Slope, Brooklyn Library, Brooklyn Museum, Prospect Park, Botanical Garden
- many restaurants, bars, supermarkets, cafes close by
No smoking. No Pets.
You'll have exclusive access to the full apartment. It is private, meaning that I won't come into the apartment during your stay unless I ask you first, and that no one else will stay in the apartment while you are there.
Interaction with guests
As much as needed. I'm usually there to check you in and to show you the apartment. If I can't be there, then my wife, or my brother or his wife will let you in.
Generally I'll check in on the guests the next morning to make sure that they're all set with directions and transportation.
I live upstairs, so I'm very accessible in person, or via phone or email.
Other things to note
People are always very happy with the apartment and the help and advice I can provide if needed (since I live upstairs).
Also, being a musician (as well as my wife and my brother and his wife), I can suggest good places to hear music, from jazz to pop and rock.
6pm check-in and 10am check-out might be flexible (depends on the apartment schedule).
It is always possible to leave your luggage should your flight arrive early or depart late.
NO Parties (Dinners are welcome, Respectful guests are welcome over to visit you, watch movies, etc)
No indoor smokers.
Please respect our apt, neighbors and hallways.
No heavy drug users.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 11 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I'm from California and Austria, have been living in NYC since 1998. I'm a musician. I love living in Brooklyn, because it seems to be the perfect combination of small town and big city, Europe and the US, friendly neighborhood feel and cosmopolitan attitude.