- One 20 square meter bedroom on the second floor with private large bathroom attached, 1 king bed and 1 sofa bed
- One 25 square meter bedroom with balcony and private large bathroom attached, 1 king bed and 1 sofa bed
- One 30 square meter bedroom with 1 queen bed and 1 sofa bed
- Towels, soap, shampoos, conditioner provided
- Tea, coffee and a bottle of water provided
- Very fast wi-fi with router for the floor
- Shared kitchen and living room
- Lots of sunlight and greens
- A view to the city light at night from one bedroom
- a relaxing stay in Saigon for business trip (if you like a hotel standard with a much cheaper price tag)
- if you hate being surrounded by beggars and people trying to sell something, or paying for overpriced food and services being a tourist.
- if you like to host a brunch or dinner with friends in a cozy attic living room and kitchen all by yourself
Quiet and guarded neighborhood with a semi-private park on the river bank, but perfect for a small private party, meeting, business stay in Saigon. Previously rented out to expats only. Ideal location from financial district, downtown Saigon, only 12 mins cab ($3-$4), no traffic jam at anytime. easy access and breath taken view on the drive from downtown Saigon. 10 mins to Spa Authentic, one of the must activities in Saigon by Tripadvisor.
The nearby attractions: 10 mins taxi to restaurants, bars, Opera house, shopping center. Typical Vietnamese living scenes: outside of the guarded community, around the corners. (Food stands, street-side dinning: local beers, Pho - noodle soup) ATM and banking services steps outside the community.
Other things you can enjoy:
- Wifi internet throughout the house
- Cable TV in the living room
- Fridges (28 cu ft downstairs and 200L upstairs)
- Cooking wares
- Washer (feel free to wash your clothes)
- Water heaters (solar powered one so wait 2 minutes before getting in. It's really hot so adjust the temperature well)
- Air conditioners every room
- Bath towel, hair towel and hand towel
- You can use the kitchen fully stocked with cooking wares
1. How far is the house from the airport by taxi [25 mins] & how much is the fare? [approximately USD $15, take ONLY official Mai Linh or VinaSun, [or you could get charged up to $100 by rogue driver, and we cannot help you out of this situation]
2. How far is the apartment from the center also by taxi [2.8 km] & how much is the fare? [about USD $3]
3. Our flight takes us to SGN at approximately 24:00 or 1:00 in the morning. Will there be transport/taxi available at that time [Yes, taxis are 24 hours at airport] & how do we get in the house at such an early time? [if check in is before 11pm, a staff will meet you. After 11pm, you will have a pass code for a lockbox for the key]
4. We plan to go on a day tour of Cu Chi Tunnel or Vung Tau. Do you have any info on this? [yes, you'll have all tourist information so email me]
5. Our flight back home will be early morning, at 01:00 AM, which means that we will be checking out on the day before. Can we leave our luggage in the loft the whole day, while we wait to go to the airport later for our flight? [of course, you can store your luggage securely with us, and late-check-out is also OK if there's no incoming guest]
6. What's the weather like? [Saigon has 2 seasons: raining from May - Nov, sunny from Dec - Arp). But visit Vietnam confidently any time of the year, each season has its own special fruit, food, an cultural traditions]
7. How do I get a cellphone? You should have a disposable SIM card ($3-$5 for a week use) for your international unlocked phone, please let me know and the staff will pick one up for you. You can pay them there at par value. There is a telephone in the house.
8. Any request, just drop me a message.
TURN OFF all lights and air conditioners in every room when you leave the house.
- Absolutely No Smoking in the house
- No super loud speakers
- No live music (or equivalent of loudness) after midnight
- No unregistered overnight guests
- Children are more than welcomed but no pets at this point.
- Move back all furniture and placements to the exact same spot when we hand you the keys.
- All appliances and decor items will remain at the house. Please DO NOT move decor items around because some of them are fragile. Watch your children to make sure they don't eat or swallow small items or break them.
- Do not tape anything on the wall as it will pull out the paint and you may have to pay for repaint the entire wall (not just touch up because it won't work that way)
amazing house. better than some 5stars hotel. big bedrooms. with kitchen and everything. i was like "OMG" at the step i took to the house. i'll revisit again for sure!
A beautiful apartment, spacious living area and kitchen, comfortable rooms with their own bathrooms. Our host Mrs Ha was very friendly. She went out of her way to help us, letting us in late on the first night, and even taking me on her motorbike to the local store the next day. There were thoughtful touches such as the cards prepared to give to cab drivers with the address and directions. Ha attended to any concerns (Internet access, a blocked toilet) very promptly. The location was great, an easy walk to many restaurants and it was easy to get taxis, even taxis that comfortably fit our family of 6.
We didn't realise from the listing that rather than being a self-contained 3 bedroom appt, there are actually six bedrooms each with their own key, and the living area and kitchen, plus laundry upstairs are shared. There are four levels or three flights of stairs to the top rooms. We had a pleasant experience of only having another family there for two nights and we weren't often using the kitchen at the same time. However, it was different to my expectation of "entire home" so perhaps the listing could be modified to better reflect the set up.
We would happily stay there again when in Saigon.
It was a beautiful house! The bath tub was huge and the water was very hot - a great experience. Maisao's parents were nice and friendly. Her dad showed me around the neighbourhood on his motorbike. The area was nice too, very quiet.
This was a charming villa and the service was great...if I had a concern it was answered immediately. This villa was located in district 2 and on a quiet street. It was not far from the hustle and bustle of district one. I really enjoyed my stay there. Maiso was wonderful, as well as her parents, Duc and Ha. I would stay there again.
This host has 35 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
World wanderer, currently living in San Francisco most of the time. Born in Hanoi, raised in Saigon, self-taught and schooled in US. I built this house in 2009 with a plan to move back to Vietnam, shipped a container of interior supplies to Vietnam from the US. The house is super airy and quiet, like a resort.
Ladies, enjoy the extra large bathroom and relaxing bubble bath. I usually took one past midnight after clubbing in the city, listening to Frank Sinatra.
My parents also are in the profile pictures are patrolling the house often. My dad is a research professor/diplomat. My mum manages a department at a private university.
City I love: San Francisco, Ha Noi, Saigon, London, Luzern, Barcelona, Bali, Hongkong
I typically have guests as business travelers, expats, celebrities, researchers, professors and dear friends!