Remodeled from head to toe Ponderosa Palisades home...brand new hardwood flooring and carpet, granite counters and upgraded tile, full of sunlight and warm finishes this home is perfect for families and their dogs too! Large yard, quiet neighborhood...located within 20 mins to all ski resorts and Lake Tahoe, why rent a hotel room when you can have a home for the same price!
- large living, lots of sunlight and open space! Also- 40" plasma TV replacing one in picture...will have new photo up soon!
- remodeled kitchen with granite counters, TWO dual sinks, looking out over large yard
- dining room
- full bathroom with shower, laundry room, all up-scale tile and granite
- bedroom 1 with FULL futon (sleeping for 2)
- bedroom 2 with bunk bed, bottom FULL bed/top TWIN bed (sleeping for 3)
- entrance to large patio area and yard with propane bbq
- parking for 4 in driveway (garage is being used for storage by owner)
- master bedroom with KING bed (note, 2 window benches that can sleep one child each- measure approx. 3' x 5'- not included in total sleeping number as they do not sleep adults)
- master bathroom, large jetted tub and separate shower, dual sinks...all upgraded!
-high speed wireless internet (connection not guaranteed)
-home complete with all linens and outfitted kitchen
-approx. 10 mins to Northstar, 15 mins to Lake Tahoe, 20 mins to Squaw and Sugarbowl
** no access to garage, used for storage by owner. Driveway parking only**
Overall this was an excellent experience for us and we would consider renting this property again.
What We Liked
- Absolutely amazing views
- Very close to a great trail head for hikes and overview of Donner Lake
- House in very good condition
- Very well equipped kitchen
- Very good value for money
What We Didn't Like
- Location is a bit out of the way/hard to find, especially the first few times
- Rooms were hot and way too bright in the morning (no AC and many windows had no curtains)--no one in our group of 6 got a good night's sleep any of the nights we were there
Everything was perfect. The house is even more stunning than the pictures capture. Access was very easy and the Pullen folks were responsive. Could not recommend more highly.
Awesome place, everything was perfectly coordinate and even though we arrived late in the night , check in was seamless. Place was even better than the photos!
Not such a "Happy Birthday"- This was a planned birthday trip for me and my visiting family who flew 6 hours the previous day. The unit itself was great. However, gaining access into it was a nightmare for us and the onsite manager, whom we had to wake at 11 p.m. since we were not given a correct combination to access the house key. This was not a fun task in the pitch dark and with elderly patrons in our group. Furthermore, the onsite manager had trouble reaching the Pullen Realty Group from which we rented the unit. We were finally given a correct code to access the key. Unfortunately, it was time to check out and leave.
The Northstar Getaway is the ideal Tahoe cabin! We will definitely go back!
House was great for our group of 15 people. Beds were comfortable and clean. Kitchen stocked for our basic cooking and the location was great in terms of being close to the ski resort (Northstar) we were skiing at as well as being within 15 mins of the restaurants in Truckee. Would definitely return!
The property itself was alright. It's large and spacious which makes it great for big groups. The showers provided inconsistent water temperature when two people are using the bathrooms; While there are three baths, I would recommend using the shower one at a time.
It's definitely designed more for a family considering the mini pool table (emphasis mini! it's in the property description!). That being said, the mini pool table was essentially unusable. It was missing one ball. The air-hockey didn't work well and most of the ping pong balls were cracked.
If you're just looking for a place to stay for a fair price while you spend most of your time on the mountain or out, this is for you. Don't expect it to be a luxurious stay.
We had an amazing trip. The house is more impressive than it appears in the photos. It has an ideal layout for multiple families (2 masters) and great amenities, including: gourmet kitchen, washer/dryer, pool and foosball tables, Sonos sound system, Cable TV w/ DVR, etc. The Pullen Group was also very helpful and responsive.
The reservation was canceled 55 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Fantastic! One of the nicest places I have ever been. Great stay.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT