Enjoy the Dickens Festival 2013! Only 1 minute walking distance from my cozy apartment (for 2–3 persons) right in the centre of Hanseatic Deventer. And after Dickens? Enjoy the lovely restaurants, charming shops and museums which Deventer offers you.
Description of apartment:
The apartment is quietly situated on the 1st floor of a friendly apartment building in the city centre.
- Living room: 2 sofas, dining table, TV/DVD, radio/CD and iPod docking station
- Open kitchen: well equipped with some basic needs like salt & pepper, coffee, tea, sugar and the famous traditional Deventer Cake.
- Bedroom: good ‘lits-jumeaux’ (twin beds).
- Bathroom: comfortable shower, toilet, washing machine, iron & board and hair dryer.
You are welcome to use the garden that belongs to the apartment building (through the back exit), which has a lovely view on the river IJssel.
The apartment is for 2 (but 3 is possible):
The price of the apartment is based on a 2-persons stay. However, it is possible that a third person can stay here.
Sightseeing in Deventer:
In Deventer there is something for everyone; for those who like to go out shopping there are various stores and many typically quaint and cute little shops conveniently arranged in the town centre. On Friday and Saturday there is a market on the big town square (only 1 minute walking distance!) where you can buy fresh bread, fruit and cheese for your breakfast.
There are also museums: the Historical Museum and the nationally well-known Toys & Tin museum. You can visit the Great Church (Lebuïnus Church) and its tower, the Bergkwartier (the district surrounding the Bergkerk, a church placed on a hillock) and so on. A visit to Deventer is not complete without taking a stroll or just relaxing by the riverside. A foot-passenger ferry, on a 5 minutes walking distance from my apartment, can take you quickly across the river to yet another wonderful scenic area. On this side of the river you can also find an authentic windmill, de Bolwerksmolen.
Festivals in Deventer:
A few times a year, during big festivities, Deventer is even more hospitable than usual. There is the International Street Theatre Festival 'Deventer on Stilts' (early July) and of course the famous ‘Deventer Book Fair’, the largest annual book market in Europe (held on the first Sunday of August). Furthermore there is the arrival of St. Nicholas by boat on December 5th, a typically Dutch tradition, and the well-known Charles Dickens Festival (last weekend before Christmas).
Distances to points of interest:
- Deventer Central Station: 10 minutes by foot.
- River IJssel: within 10 seconds by foot from garden.
- Central square (De Brink): 2 minutes by foot.
- Shopping area: within 1 up to 5 minutes by foot.
- Arnhem: 30 minutes by direct train or 30 minutes by car.
- Amsterdam Central Station: 1½ hours by direct train connection or 1 hour by car.
- Schiphol Airport: 1½ hours by direct train connection.
- Germany (for example Osnabrück or Münster): 1½ hours by car.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.