About this listing
Stay in our cozy and clean studio, with your own private entrance, kitchen, bathroom and laundry. It is located in Noe Valley, a safe and friendly neighborhood of San Francisco with some of the city’s best weather.
Right by Dolores St, next to the 24th street shopping area. We are very close to both the Mission and Castro districts, two of the most vibrant neighborhoods in the city.
The location is perfect for your vacation or business trip.
The suite has a small but fully equipped kitchen: fridge, gas stove, dishwasher. There is in-suite washer and dryer. We provide a 43” flat panel TV, DVD player and Netflix, as well as internet (wifi). The suite is in a charming San Francisco Victorian... The floors above it will creak, conversations can softly travel through the walls adding to the charm of the experience.
Own entrance door, kitchen, fridge, dishwasher, laundry (washer and dryer).
Interaction with Guests
We live in the house above the suite. We will be home to welcome you when you arrive and will be available to answer questions, suggest restaurants or provide help during your stay. We will respect your privacy and will give you space to ensure that you can relax and enjoy your stay.
There are several good restaurants within walking distance, including a few of our favorites: Ritual Coffee, La Ciccia (Italian), Saru Sushi, Contigo (Spanish/Tapas), Bi-Rite Creamy (Ice cream), Namu Gaji (Korean), Beretta (Cocktails and Pizza), and Craftsman and Wolf (Bakery). There are several pubs and bars within walking distance–but not within hearing distance. The Mission and Castro have a lot to offer in terms of entertainment, we will be happy to suggest restaurants.
Easy access to the public transportation: J-Church Muni tramway is steps away and runs down Church and Market streets all the way to Embarcadero station. BART with its direct connection to SFO airport is nearby. We are also close to both Hwy 101 and I-280 providing easy access to the South Bay (Silicon Valley) and the East Bay (Berkeley, Oakland). Free parking is available on the street, but is limited during weekdays for non-permit holders.
Other Things to Note
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. We look forward to making your trip a memorable one! Our household is multilingual: we speak English, French and Farsi and will be happy to provide you with information that will help make your stay enjoyable.
We automatically extend discounts to guests staying 7 days or longer.
SAN FRANCISCO SHORT-TERM RESIDENTIAL RENTAL REGISTRATION
Possession of a San Francisco Short-Term Rental Registration Certificate certifies that the registration certificate holder has agreed to comply with the terms of the San Francisco Short-Term Residential Rental Ordinance (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 41A). This ordinance does not require an inspection of the unit by the City for potential Building, Housing, Fire, or other Code violations.
Be respectful, No smoking, no pets.
The apartment was in a great neighborhood, within walking distance of the BART, the Mission, and the Castro. It had all the amenities you would need for either a short- or long-term stay, most notably a kitchen and laundry. The hosts were incredibly courteous and attentive, they made sure I had everything I needed during my stay. I would highly recommend this venue.
Amitsa and Jean Luc were perfect hosts, friendly and thoughtful, providing plenty of local information in the suite and a willing to chat. I would have loved to talk to them more about what brought them to SF from Canada, but was really busy during our stay, juggling work and family. My husband and I loved the space more than the time share we moved to after three nights in the Cozy Noe Valley Studio. The space is larger than it appears online. Closets have plenty of hangers, there's a large bathroom, with washer and dryer,. Kitchen appliances and cooking supplies come in handy with the nearby Whole Foods Market and other foodie resources. The J Church train line is right at the corner and provides quick and easy access to the Moscone Center where I was attending a conference. It also provides access to the rest of the City and BART is also within walking distance for easy access to SFO and the East and South Bays.
Finally, I have to apologize to the Amitsa and Jean Luc for neglecting to mention that I broke a vase in the bathroom. If we need a space to stay in SF again, which is likely, we will stay in their Comfy Noe Valley Studio. Many thanks!
This was my first Airbnb experience, so I don't have any previous stays to compare this to. That said, I was very pleased with this listing and its hosts and everything was almost exactly as I expected. There are a couple things to consider, so I'll break everything into my "Pros & Cons."
- Friendly and respectful hosts. Very easy to communicate with via text and they are often right upstairs if needed urgently. They also had lots of recommendations that were helpful and left out a handy checklist/guide.
- Flexible check-in and check-outs. The only thing that the hosts were concerned about was another guest coming in and cleaning time. If no one was scheduled immediately after me, then they didn't mind when I checked out. It was extremely convenient and nice of them and I got another full morning in because of not having to lug my bags around. Very grateful for that.
- Great location. I love Noe Valley. Check it out online. Very safe, central, clean, good places to eat, etc. Very convenient to Dolores Park. Be ready to walk hills!
- Clean, studio-sized, but comfy and exactly as advertised. Usable kitchen with utensils and cookware, deceptively large bathroom, and free laundry area. Exactly what I needed as a perfect launching pad for activities, but not large enough you'd want to spend all day here.
- TV with Netflix.
- Caraffe of water waiting in the fridge.
- Overly friendly cat living upstairs.
- Poor sound insulation. This is the biggest thing to consider. Every morning you will hear people walking (and muffled talking) upstairs fairly well, including a kid. That didn't bother me at all, but you have to be pretty quiet as well. To skip straight to my point, this location is a poor choice if you're looking for some honeymoon-type action, even more so past 8:30PM. Found that one out the hard way.
- Small number of spiders. This didn't bother me at all, since it's a bottom-level studio, but my girlfriend is terrified of them so I had to get out of bed and go squash them around once a day. If you're terrified of spiders, or the household spider-killer, take note. To be clear, this place is very clean and I don't think this avoidable.
- Poor lighting (except in bathroom). Again, this didn't bother me at all because I was looking for a launchpad for fun, not a place to spend all day. It was exactly what I needed.
Overall, I'm giving five stars because if you're OK with the above-listed considerations, this place is perfect. Clean, convenient, great location, friendly hosts, and has everything you need.
Sweet and cozy little and clean appartment in the basement in Frisco. All you need is there.
Very nice accommodation. Nice and helpful landlords! Pretty clean! Fast Wifi! Everything as described!
The apartment was absolutely perfect! Jean-Luc was incredibly welcoming. Our flight into town was massively delayed and they were so understanding even though we got in very late. They gave us great tips on where to go and always made sure we had everything we needed. We'd highly recommend it!
This is a great place with a fantastically warm and caring host. The host was very friendly, attentive and responsive. The place is big when the bathroom and laundry room in the back (not visible in the main picture) are considered. The place is very clean, cozy, with generously supplied kitchen with all the amenities that work perfectly. We loved staying at the place for three wonderful nights. The location of the place was also perfect.