About this listing
Fashionable Bed &Breakfast:
Large apartment with 3 sleeping areas, large common areas and great private roof deck.
Click on the pictures to see many more.
Fashionable B&B: Large apartment with 3 sleeping areas and large common areas....up to 12 guests. Spacious for 6 guests but can hold up to 12 if crowded. Average groups are 7 to 9.
I have neighbor, a block away, that might hold another guest & a friend a few bocks away that could hold 1, 2, 3, or 4 more.....in one lovely large room and a bathroom alongside. Both hosts are experienced in B&B. Please inquire. All are welcome to congregate at my place.
Click on the pictures to see many more pics.
Pictures taken by agency photographer are marked "Airbnb Verified" to assure that you'll find what you see in the pictures.
- Giant Cook's kitchen, for your use day or night.
- Marble-baths with glass shower (no tub), washer & dryer.
- Roof Deck for eating/snacking, relaxing, sun worshiping.
- Hallway closet w/supplies: Iron/Ironing board, summer fans/winter heaters, extra umbrellas.
- Cable TV, FREE WIFI.
Book the entire apartment here.
COST FOR ENTIRE APARTMENT is $525/night for up to 6 guests and $25/night for each additional guest. Weekly & Monthly discounts given.
Nestled on a quiet, friendly, safe block in the historic Hamilton Heights section of Northern Manhattan, the home is a fashionable 3 family Townhouse where the top floor and roof deck is for guests only.
The Townhouse sits nearly "next-door" to two (2) of the city's major subway lines, which quickly take you to all of the city's attractions.
City buses are at the end of the block in both directions and a taxi company is at the end of the block. At check-in I enjoy directing guests to transportation and to the city's best attractions based upon my own and my past guest's opinions.
All rooms are private:
* The smaller bedroom is for up to 2 guests only, and has a queen-size bed.
* The larger bedroom holds up to 5 guests and has a double bed and three singles. (3rd one placed only if needed)
* The front suite consists of the Living Room with a sleeping alcove which has a bunk-bed (bottom double, single top) with a curtain for privacy. The large-deep living-room sofa sectionals comfortably sleep 2 also, for a total of up to 5 in this front area....but crowded.
We provide many healthful breakfast foods for you to prepare in our gorgeous kitchen: FREE.
* Hot & cold cereals (oatmeal, cream of wheat, boxed cereals),
* Eggs, breakfast meats and various breads, muffins, Jellies/Jams
* A variety of fresh FRUITS and fresh fruit JUICES
* Choice of various types of Coffee's and Teas,
* Pastries (On vacation... maybe bypass the diet?)
* Minor snacks may include cheeses, crackers, nuts. (Special desires? Please ask)
We get great comments from our guests about our foods provided and how it was unexpected.
!! FREE bottle of Wine for your group !! Your choice of California California wines. Minimal charge for extra bottles.
I very much enjoy hosting visitors to New York. Thus I am continually improving the space to make it very special for travelers. I have an interior design/architecture background and my place is the crowning glory of years of work.
If you have questions about the available amenities, feel free to ask or make suggestions. I am open to ideas for making my place one that everyone loves, and I have made several improvements as a result of guest's suggestions!
Smoking allowed on the roof deck, in bathroom with fan-operating or outside on the front-entrance benches.
The apartment is owned and hosted by me, Bob. I live just below the guest unit and I am a minor New York City historian. At times, I have given private tours around Upper Manhattan or the entire island of Manhattan, to enrich the experience of my guests - please inquire if you would like such a tour. Minor charge, but I can only carry 4 adult guests.
Guests have the full private apartment and roof deck. They enter with a combination to the front door, so keys are not required.
Interaction with Guests
The upstairs apartment gives you total privacy except for minor cleaning and restocking of foods by owner.
The neighborhood is one of the most historic areas in the entire city. I am an area historian and enjoy giving driving tours to guests.
There are a number of excellent restaurants and bars within walking distance and plenty of places to order food to be delivered. Menus in the apartment.
"Restaurant Row" is an area about 5 minutes away by subway and has some 15 excellent restaurants/bars from which to choose.
Subways and buses are all very close-by. I am pleased to provide maps and directions to any location.
* The "C" train is 3 short-blocks east and travels straight down Central-Park-West (Museum of Natural History, Lincoln Center, etc., and stays on Manhattan's West Side all the way to Ground ZERO, the Staten Island Ferry & the Statue of Liberty. The unique "High Line" is very popular also and is only 2 blocks west of the train-stop.
* The "1" train is 3 short-blocks west and travels down Broadway crossing into Central Midtown & Downtown (Times Square, Empire State Building, Museum of Modern Art, etc).
* City Buses are at each end of the block, traveling up and down all over the city.
* Taxi Service (Kennedy taxi-service) main office is at the end of the block. (phone number hidden).
ALL TRANSPORTATION IS 24 HOURS A DAY.
For your arrival, we are pleased to give you clear and easy directions to the Townhouse from all Airports, Train Stations or Bus terminals.
Other Things to Note
CHECK-IN TIME: 2 PM (1400), however if no guests have been occupying the apartment the previous evening, then you may occupy the apartment any time after 6AM. Even if guests are checking-out same day, you may leave your bags any time after 6AM and move in later, and even use the facilities to prepare for your day unless the place is crowded and others are using the facilities - then you would have to wait your turn.
CHECK-OUT TIME: 10-11AM, however if no other guests are checking-into the room that day, then you may stay as late as 6 PM (1800). If new guests are checking-in, you may leave your packed bags in the special area by the front entrance and return later for them, and you may even use the facilities later unless the place is crowded and others are using the facilities - then you would have to wait your turn.
The single beds in Master bedroom. Trundle plus the single in the alcove - very comfortable.