About this listing
KYOTO -- The heart of Japan and an ancient city with over a millennium of history, so full of temples, shrines, gardens and castles. It is also home to 17 properties of the World Heritage Sites. The best way to discover the “real Japan” is to include Kyoto on your itinerary. The tea ceremony, flower arrangement, kimonos, Geisha/Maiko... can all be found in the cultural center of Kyoto. And, in the midst of this ancient culture is a thriving city, home to cutting edge industries and upscale shopping. Welcome to experience the hospitality, mystique, culture, bustle, and serenity that make Kyoto Japan’s foremost travel destination.
(Holiday homes available in Tokyo and Sapporo too!)
Good news for budget travelers looking for a cozy home in Kyoto!
* Kyoto station vicinity and the starting point of all activities and sightseeing in KYOTO
* Newly renovated 31m2 Fully-furnished one storey house with kitchen, comfortable for a family or group of 4
* Inhouse washing machine with dryer
* Very affordable price compared to nearby Hotels
* FREE Pocket WiFi to keep you connected almost everywhere with your smartphone or any portable devices. Navigate around places, instant chats, search for train route & schedule, places of interest, gourmet and anything you need on your fingertips! (Will cost you ~1500yen daily if you rent at the airport)
Access to Public Transport:
* About 8 mins walk to KYOTO Station
* Various JR lines, Kintetsu Kyoto line, Subway Karasuma line
* Kyoto Bus Terminal outside Kyoto station Karasuma Exit
* About 7 mins walk to Kintetsu TOJI Station
SURROUNDINGS and AMENITIES
* Kyoto station area has almost everything you need with tourist information center, departmental store, shops, restaurants, police post, post office, drugstore and of course all the main train lines.
* 3 mins walk to the famous Toji Temple and other smaller shrine and temple nearby
* 4 mins walk to Aeon Mega Mall with supermarket, shops, drugstore, restaurants, food court, cinema etc.
* 4 mins walk to the nearest Post Office with international cashing facilities
* 5 mins to nearest 24hr 7-11 convenience store with international cashing facilities
* FREE usage of Pocket WiFi to keep you connected during your stay
* 1 Double bed and 1 Comfortable Double-sized Japanese futon (~140x200cm2 each) on Tatami mats
* 32" HDTV with HDMI/USB input
* Separate Bathroom and Toilet with washlet and warm seat for maximum comfort
* Washing machine with dryer
* Iron & board
* Hair dryer
* Oven Toaster
* Kitchen with utensils and basic seasoning for cooking
* Vacuum cleaner
* Umbrellas & Torch
* Clean sheets and Towels
* Room Slippers
* 2-in-1 Shampoo, Body Soap, Hand Soap, Face wash, Washing Powder provided
* Complimentary beverages and snacks
Welcome to stay!
*Contact host to inquire
Scanned/photo copies of passport and travel visa, where applicable, of all guests before check-in.
Strictly NO Smoking in the house.
Take off shoes once you entered the house. Room slippers available.
Strictly no footwear on Tatami mats please.
No loud music or noise please.
Separate combustible, non-combustible and recyclable trash.
Please take care of things in the apartment like your own.
Let it be your nice home away from home in Kyoto!
Cheryl made everything very easy. The house was easy to find - given Cheryl's directions - and quite handy to the nearby AEON mall and to Kyoto Station. It was so nice to return each day and relax after wearing ourselves out sightseeing.
Kyoto was a treat by rented bicycle - we saw so much more and were easily diverted into some nooks'n'crannies than had we walked or moved around by subway or bus.
We can certainly recommend Cheryl's house. Enjoy, if you take up the recommendation.
The place was closely located to Kyoto Station (10 min walk) but was slightly difficult to find as it was hidden in a little alley. However, Cheryl (our host) provided a detailed explanation (with a map and pictures!) to help us. When I encountered difficulty, Cheryl promptly responded to all my questions via Whatsapp efficiently - thank you!
The place was like a 1 bedroom studio apartment with 1 queen size bed, which had a removable futon that we laid on the tatami mats, enabling a cosy stay for 4 guests.
The facilities (aircon, shower, washing machine, kitchen) were all newly renovated, and there were printed labels on everything that ensured we could easily locate everything we needed.
All in all, we had an extremely pleasant stay and would recommend to future travelers who are commuting from Kyoto to different cities as the train station within walking distance has the Shinkansen platform!
Thank you Cheryl and if I do visit Kyoto again, your place will definitely top my list of accommodations ;)
Thank you Cheryl! Your communication was great and the place was perfect for the two of us. Great area - so close to the station, shops and restaurants. Made it easy for us to explore Kyoto and places nearby. Very clean and lovely place!
Cheryl's place in Kyoto is located in a residential area that is a short walk from Aeon Mall and Kyoto JR station. It will not be easy to find without the detailed instructions provided in a PDF file once we had confirmed our booking. The entryway is next to a Kumon tuition centre which proved to be key landmark feature for us. While the house is externally nondescript as noted by others, the inside is what counts. What you need for a comfortable stay is all present. The automated hot water control is a good feature and the place is in excellent condition and cleanliness. We heartily recommend this place and would come back on our next visit to Kyoto!
Appartement en parfait état, dans un quartier très calme et proche de la station de kyoto ce qui fut fort pratique.
Je le conseil fortement
This host has 242 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Kaneko
Singaporean who loves the life in Japan!
Loves good food, traveling and meeting interesting people.
Speaks English, Japanese and Chinese.
The main motivation to share my holiday homes is to provide budget travelers a home away from home in Tokyo, Sapporo and Kyoto, and welcome more people to visit Japan at an affordable price. You don't have to burn your pockets to enjoy Japan.