KYOTO -- the heart of Japan and an ancient city with over a millennium of history, so full of temples, shrines, gardens and castles. The best way to discover the “real Japan” is to include Kyoto on your itinerary. The tea ceremony, flower arrangement, kimonos, Geisha/Maiko... can all be found in the cultural center of Kyoto. And, in the midst of this ancient culture is a thriving city, home to cutting edge industries and upscale shopping. Welcome to experience the hospitality, mystique, culture, bustle, and serenity that make Kyoto Japan’s foremost travel destination.
KANEKONOHEYA 「金子の部屋」 #KYOTO47
(I have holiday homes in Tokyo and Sapporo too!)
Good news for budget travelers looking for a cozy home in Kyoto!
* Kyoto station vicinity and the starting point of all activities and sightseeing in KYOTO
* Newly renovated 31m2 Fully-furnished one storey house with kitchen, comfortable for a family or group of 4
* Inhouse washing machine with dryer
* Very affordable price compared to nearby Hotels
* FREE Pocket WiFi to keep you connected almost everywhere with your smartphone or any portable devices. Navigate around places, instant chats, search for train route & schedule, places of interest, gourmet and anything you need on your fingertips! (Will cost you ~1500yen daily if you rent at the airport)
ACCESS to KANEKONOHEYA
Access to Public Transport:
* About 8 mins walk to KYOTO Station
* Various JR lines, Kintetsu Kyoto line, Subway Karasuma line
* Kyoto Bus Terminal outside Kyoto station Karasuma Exit
* About 7 mins walk to Kintetsu TOJI Station
SURROUNDINGS and AMENITIES
* Kyoto station area has almost everything you need with tourist information center, departmental store, shops, restaurants, police post, post office, drugstore and of course all the main train lines.
* 3 mins walk to the famous Toji Temple and other smaller shrine and temple nearby
* 4 mins walk to Aeon Mega Mall with supermarket, shops, drugstore, restaurants, food court, cinema etc.
* 4 mins walk to the nearest Post Office with international cashing facilities
* 5 mins to nearest 24hr 7-11 convenience store with international cashing facilities
* browse the guidebook for reference
* FREE usage of Pocket WiFi to keep you connected during your stay
* 1 Double bed and 1 Comfortable Double-sized Japanese futon (~140x200cm2 each) on Tatami mats
* 32" HDTV with HDMI/USB input
* Separate Bathroom and Toilet with washlet and warm seat for maximum comfort
* Washing machine with dryer
* Iron & board
* Hair dryer
* Oven Toaster
* Kitchen with utensils and basic seasoning for cooking
* Vacuum cleaner
* Umbrellas & Torch
* Clean sheets and Towels
* Room Slippers
* 2-in-1 Shampoo, Body Soap, Hand Soap, Face wash, Washing Powder provided
* Complimentary beverages and snacks
* Travel guides and maps
Welcome to stay in KANEKONOHEYA!
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$28 / night after the first guest|
|Minimum Stay:||3 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$594 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$2398 /month|
|Check In:||2:00 PM|
|Check Out:||10:00 AM|
I used Cheryl's Kyoto apartment as a base in central Japan for day trips to various cities such as Osaka, Kobe, Nara, Hiroshima, and Mayajima. It was convenient, clean, quiet, safe, and comfortable.
Of particular advantage were:
1. Close access to Kyoto Station;
2. Use of the portable WiFi; and
3. Accessibility of Cheryl and her wealth of information.
I will look forward to staying with Cheryl in the future and plan to recommend her to friends who are planning to visit Japan.
Cheryl's place in Kyoto is fabulous! My husband and could not have been more pleased with the location, amenities, price, and communication with Cheryl. She took the time to label everything in English, which was a huge help. At the end of a long day sightseeing, the walk back to the house was a quick 10 minutes or less from Kyoto station. The shower was nice and hot ( a big deal for me!) and the bed was comfy. The pocket wi-fi that Cheryl provided was a lifesaver. I highly recommend this property and property owner!
We stayed six nights at Cheryl's place in Kyoto and enjoyed the accommodation very much. Clear direction to the apartment and instructions labelled in English in the house, all the amenities we needed. Cosy and clean, conveniently located, 7 minutes walk to Kyoto Station. Cheryl was fast in responding to my emails before our trip as well as in Kyoto. Thank you Cheryl.
Cheryl's apartment was great for what we were looking for. Very close to the station which was great for us and our many day trips. The apartment was clean and comfortable. Communication with Cheryl was great and she was very prompt at replying. The pocket wifi was a fantastic addition and helped us a lot during our stay.
I would highly recommend staying at this apartment.
Cheryl's apartment near Kyoto Station was just perfect for our 5 days of exploring the beautiful city. We appreciated all her attention to details, such as labeling electronics with English labels, directions to the apartment, and all the thoughtful amenities. Most appreciated was the pocket wifi which makes life so much easier when navigating an unfamiliar place! We would definitely recommend this cozy apartment for a couple, or maybe a couple with young children. It would be quite cramped for two couples. The apartment is in a great location, very convenient five minute walk to the busy Kyoto Station, with shops, bakeries, and supermarkets...don't miss Ramen Alley in the connected Isetan department store for a quick and affordable bite. Thank you Cheryl!
Cheryl’s house is nice, quiet, modern and comfortable, close to main train station in Kyoto. She is helpful, quick response person, provided plentiful information, guidelines, though we did not meet her during our stay. We enjoyed to stay at her house.
We had a lovely time in Cheryl's apartment. You couldn't be better situated in Kyoto and she's amazing at communicating - responds to email within minutes! Her directions both before we got there and once we were there were fantastic. And the place is really nice, large by Japanese standards and very comfortable. We would definitely come back! And Kyoto is wonderful, of course!
Located in the quiet neighborhood. This is a nice, cozy, modern apartment with everything that we needed. The Pocket wifi is very useful! Around 10 mins slow walk from Kyoto Station and the main Bus Terminal. Also, there's a shopping mall near the apartment.
I love this apartment, will come back if I visit kyoto again :)
Cheryl's house in Kyoto was awesome. Modern unit with high quality fixtures and appliances. The unit was just 5min walk from Kyoto station, from where one easily access whole Kyoto either by bus or train. This was our second visit to Kyoto and Cheryl's place was perfect to retire after day long visits to various temples in Kyoto during fall season. Cheryl was very quick in responding and provided step by step direction to her place from Kyoto station. I will definitely comeback to stay her place in Kyoto. Thanks Cheryl!!
Cheryl is great! She was available very quickly by email for anything that came up during our stay, and gave extremely easy instructions for finding her place - very nice for a non-Japanese speaker visiting for the first time!
The place couldn't have been more convenient. Less than 10 minutes easy stroll from the main train station, and close to lots of dining, grocery store, shopping and connections to all site-seeing. The bedding was comfortable and the pocket wi-fi made the stay so much nicer!!
It was a bit cozy for 4 adults, but we knew it would be (I'd rather give 4.5 stars, but that's not an option!). So if you're staying with just 2 people, or adults and younger kids, this is perfect! And four adults are cozy, but still good.
I'd highly recommend Cheryl's family suite to anyone visiting Kyoto wanting a nice central location and a very friendly, English-fluent host!