About this listing
A quiet spacious stylish apartment located in Berlin's Center. Alexanderplatz, the Berlin Cathedral, Karl Marx and Engel memorial, Hackesche Höfe, Kulturbrauerei – all in walking distance. The apartment is located in a listed Wilhelminian style building which was built in 1878.
• 60 sqm lovingly furnished
• art works from well known Berlin artists
• bedroom: double size bed (160x200cm) + comfy duvet
• living room: sofa bed (160x200cm) + comfy duvet
• kitchen: spacious and fully equipped
• bathroom: spacious with a shower
• quiet, windows facing the backyard
• regular checkin between 6pm - 10pm
• earlier checkin can be organized
• checkout by 11am
We look forward to meeting and hosting you!
• wireless internet (WiFi)
• coffee machine, hot water boiler, kitchen utensils
• various Berlin guides
• hair dryer
• towels, linens, and slippers
• baby bed
• high chair
• baby tableware
• push chair
Interaction with Guests
We´re available for any queries prior to and during your stay. It is easy to reach us by email or direct, since we live right next to your place.
The 'Kollwitzkiez' is one of the hippest districts Berlin has to offer. The streets in our neighborhood have the charm of Parisian boulevards and encompass a wide range of trendy bistros, bars, cafes, restaurants, and grocery stores. There are also other mod cons - pharmacy, bank, coffee shops, ATMs, post office, boutique stores, live music, cinemas etc - - all within easy walking distance (no more than 15 mins). Anything else you desire should be with a 20 minute radius if you take public transport.
Tram M2: 1 minute walk
Subway U2: 5 minutes walk
Both will get you to Alexanderplatz in 5 minutes. Alexanderplatz is the closest hub and from here you have the S-Bahn, U-Bahn, Metro (tram) and Bus network to get you to where ever you wish to go.
Other Things to Note
Note: 5% (netto) city tax is paid on arrival. Any private host, vacation rental, hostel, hotel etc. in Berlin is expected to pay the tax on top of the price you pay on airbnb since January 2014, unfortunately we cannot get around that. For more information please refer to the federal state of Berlin website.
Since we are private hosts with regular jobs and a small kid, we have some regulations
• please provide a one hour time frame for your arrival
• regular checkin between 6pm - 10pm, earlier checkin can be organized
• checkout by 10am
• fees: earlier checkin 5€, checkin between 10pm and 11pm 5€, between 11pm and 12pm 10€, after 12pm 20 € (arrival after midnight is not welcome, please ask us first before booking)
• Not arriving in the one hour agreed timeframe and failing to communicate it atlease one hour before the timeframe = 10€
• 5% (netto) city tax is paid on arrival. Any private host, vacation rental, hostel, hotel etc. in Berlin is expected to pay the tax on top of the price you pay on airbnb since January 2014, unfortunately we cannot get around that. For more information please refer to the federal state of Berlin website.
• please be quite in the backyard and the communal hallway, since it echoes a lot in this building
• smoking is strictly forbidden throughout the building, in the backyard, and in the apartment
• visitors are not permitted in the apartment
The apartment is in a great location. Easy to find and well serviced by public transport. Claire is vey helpful and the map of the local area in the hallway is super useful. Was very comfortable.
The apartment was clean and comfortable. The location was perfect -- just a 20 min walk (or an easy tram ride) from Alexanderplatz. The host welcomed us on arrival and was super friendly and accommodating. We found their neighborhood map with recommended cafes very helpful. Prenzlauer Berg is a cool area and overall we loved our time here.
Couldn't have picked a better area to stay in! We loved that the apartment was so close to many wonderful cafes, bars and restaurants in relaxed Prenzlauer Berg. Excellent quality food and drink for great prices within 5/10 mins walk. It's also very easy to jump on the tram/U-bahn to other areas of Berlin. Claudia checked us in and was very friendly and helpful. Her map of the 'yummy quarter' in the hallway came in handy :) Apartment itself is very quiet, filled with light and safe/secure. Bed extremely cosy. You do have to be fit to walk up to the 4th floor but that helped work off the calories we ate every day! We HIGHLY recommend this place. Thank you Claudia and Lucas.
The (full sized) apartment was as described and situated in a lovely neighbourhood. The owner welcomed us and gave all needed information. After that, he gave us all the privacy needed.
Apartment was in a good condition and the host was nice. Main drawback: it is in a 3 1/2 floor with no elevator.
The host was very accommodating! We had a late arrival and he showed us around the apartment and answered any questions we had. Very easy experience.
Very welcome. We arrived and this was on the fourth floor and I left my suitcase with my neice and when he saw me at the top of the stairs and ask where my luggage was and I told him down stairs and that I could not carry a 20kg luggage up 4 flights up he personnally went downstairs to carry it up. If that is not a gentleman what is??
This host has 463 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews