We speak 3 languages fluently, German, Italian, and English also not quite fluent in French, but close. So before we decided to rent the rooms out in our house, we had 56 different groups (one person to whole families) of friends stay with us in one year alone. Yes at some times we had 3 groups at one time. What does that mean to you? That we are very easy going and are used to showing people a good time and are awesome Hosts.
We have many amenities. Here are some of the most important. Private pool, high speed Wireless Internet, bikes, beach toys, Surfboards, Boogie Boards, Skateboards, Wetsuits, fireplace, out door shower, etc
Like the headline says we are just 500 feet from the beach and at night you can hear the waves crashing. Not only that but it takes us about 15-20 minutes to get to Lindbergh Field the San Diego International Airport. For Sea World about 10-15. Scripps or UCSD 5. Zoo or downtown 20-25. We also have a bus stop just 200 feet away.
The House will come with full Kitchen privileges. We have a VitaMix for healthy smoothies, Espresso, Microwave, Oven, 5 burner stove and more.
The rest of the house is bright and full of life with light colored hardwood floors and tall ceilings with floor to ceiling windows that overlook the pool.
If we have time and you can talk my daughter into giving you a free surf lessons then you will learn to surf.
Some mornings we make whole grain pancakes filled with different types of fruits and nuts in the morning. We have healthy cereal and bread and jam, coffee for a more European meal.
|Room type:||Private room|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$50 / night after the first guest|
|Minimum Stay:||5 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$500 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$2200 /month|
Super hospitality and very friendly family. My bedroom is big and clean with a private bathroom next to it. The happy and healthy life style of La Jolla residence inspired me alot. Can't wait to go back soon!
I visited San Diego several times before, but this was no doubt the best stay ever! Greg, Kathrin and Anna and Ben are a wonderful family, very welcoming and caring.
Greg helped me out with all sorts of things; bringing me to the supermarket, borrowing me his surfboards, coaching me in the water etcetc. I also very much appreciated it that you connected me with your friends at University! Kathrin made me good breakfasts and diners, in return of some of my Dutch pie and not-so-Dutch lasagna ;). The location of the house can't be better if you love the ocean. But besides all of that, the best thing was that they made you feel at home instantly! I really enjoyed the cups of tea and conversations over diner, you are a great and loving family and I would recommend anyone to stay at this place.
For me this was the best Airbnb host that I have experienced so far. I am in Holland now and already miss you guys, so I Will be back this spring for a visit!
I made this reservation for my colleague, Mireille. She wrote the following review:
I left after 3 out of 4 weeks because it was such a frustrating experience for me. There are some serious family/personal issues within this family and they told me themselves that this influenced their own well-being and my stay. They also told me that it was not the best time to visit them, and it puzzles me that this add is still online. Most important comments:
- The house was a complete mess. There were piles of laundry, dishes, food, toys etc in the common areas. The dresser in my room was packed with toys etc., I could not even fit my toiletry on it.
- Greg forgot to pick me up from the airport, even though we made this agreement weeks before my arrival. Afterwards, he told me it would have cost me $60,-, because his time is valuable. FYI: a cab costs $45,-. Combined with other experiences, this gave me the impression that Greg wants to make as much money out of you as he possible can.
- 15 minutes after I arrived, Greg asked me if I was uncomfortable with him and the kids walking around naked (because of the pool). I told him that I would be uncomfortable with this, but after a few days he jumped in the pool naked. He did not forget about it, because he told me beforehand: I am sorry, but I really have to jump into the pool! I think it is disrespectful to ask someone about their feelings and then disregard them anyway.
- The family got lice, nobody’s fault. But, what makes it frustrating and irresponsible, is that they decided to not act upon it, because ‘another day would not do any harm’. But, this increased the chances that I would get them as well. Furthermore, they did not tell their other guest, who was away for a few days with friends, about this until she came back. Thus, if she had them, she could have easily passed them on to her friends.
- There were a lot of fights between Greg and the kids and between the kids (a lot of screaming, crying and time-outs).
- Each and every day, there was sand in the bath tub. So, before taking a shower, you needed to wash that away.
- The room I stayed in was not suitable for rent. It was filled with children’s toys and there was barely any space to hang your clothes. Furthermore, the children ran into my room several times (regardless of whether I was up or not) to come and grab these toys.
- The add is inaccurate: there is no espresso machine, the bikes are full of rust, and no meals are included in the price.
- I found out that they asked some friends/family who stayed with them to write positive reviews.
I would strongly recommend you to look for another place to stay.
Gregory's house reminds me a bit of southern californian dream, it is so bright and full of light and surfboards, there is a swimmingpool in the middle, and it is just 5 mins to the beautiful La Jolla beach.
Above all, Greg is a great host, who tries to make everything so that you feel welcome.
A big thumbs-up!
Just can't imagine the better place to stay in San Diego if you wannna
1. learn how to surf
2. be close to a beach
3. have a very easygoing, intelligent and interesting host
4. stay at a spacious, bright and clean place
During all the trip all of us felt very comfortable and so much enjoyed staying at Greg's place. Definitely want to go back!!
i spent awesome days at greg's place! the house is very nice and spacious and only a five minute walk from the beautiful beach. but most of all i appreciated the atmosphere: the family is so welcoming, friendly and laid-back and especially the kids are so much fun to be with – everybody really made me feel at home! i wish i could have stayed longer and would love to come back soon!
Awesome place to stay in San Diego. Greg is an easygoing guy with two cool kids and a great house (only 3 minutes of walking to the ocean). We could use his boards and swimsuits and he also gave us surf lessons! It was really a perfect stay. Again, thank you so much!!!!
Maybe we will visit you next summer again :)
Greetings from Germany!
Greg and his family were wonderful hosts! It was great to stay with a tight-knit family, and to hear their stories. I also quite enjoyed surfing at sunrise then biking to my conference every morning!
We came to La Jolla for the weekend to go surf and wanted to stay at a nice place close to the beach. Greg's house provided everything we needed.
Fun and friendly host, super easy going and loves surfing. Greg came out with us twice. We had a comfortable stay, met the whole family and at the end of the weekend felt like the uncle and aunt that live far away :)
THANK YOU GREG!
Greg and Kathrin, are wonderful, friendly people,
who made us feel very welcome.
The place is great ! 1 minute walking distance to the beach.
There´s nowhere else close to San Diego I would ever stay.