About this listing
Fabulous high end property is a unique rental in the Charleston area
Backyard Dock - Gorgeous Views. Lovingly Maintained.
Kayaks | Fishing | Crabbing | PaddleBoards | HotTub
Close to Historic Downtown-location is just near the foot of the bridge. A straight short drive to the Beaches.
Visitors especially love the Gourmet Kitchen, the oversized King Master Suite, and a Queen Bedroom on the Main Level that is great for elderly with walk in shower attached.
*Please Read our House Rules*
We have years of positive reviews and rental history.
FABULOUS UPSCALE WATERFRONT
- Relax on the Outdoor Southern Style Wrap around Porches, with Ceiling Fans marshland, tidal creeks, and deep water.
- Launch a kayak from the dock in the backyard.
- Enjoy the oversized Master Suite with French Doors opening to private deck
- Soak in the outdoor hot tub, or the indoor soaking tub.
- Over ½ acre of serenity
This fabulous property is unique in the Charleston area. Located in the old Historic Remley's Point neighborhood on the way to the public boat landing, just off Mathis Ferry Road. Walking distance to famous I'on neighborhood.
This neighborhood is laced with marshes, tidal creeks, and deep water, plus sunset views of the Charleston Ravenel Bridge. This is a terrific location - just moments by car over the Ravenel Bridge to the Charleston Downtown Historic District, or the Visitor Center, or to the beaches.
It is rare to find a large rental this close to Historic Downtown, and to the beaches, surrounded by water and with total Water Views plus a dock! This Southern Style house is situated on more than a half acre of a private wooded peninsula which is a virtual 'nature preserve'. You experience marshland, tidal creeks, and deep water, and a dock on property, all a hop from downtown. With grand oaks, rivers and marshes viewed from the porches, decks and windows, you will think you stepped into the historic Charleston past, but with every luxury and amenity of the present.
Traditional updated floor plan. Upscale throughout. Immaculately clean.
This house is made for gathering together……and also for comfortably escaping to a nice bedroom with comfy bedding and soft linens...away from the crowds!
The #1 bedroom: Spacious Master Suite with a Luxury King Bed. French doors open to it's own private outdoor deck, with breathtaking views. Attached private bathroom. Sitting area with a sleep sofa. The flooring is plush carpeting. It is completed with a ceiling fan and HDTV. Upstairs.
Bedroom #2: Main Level of the house. Located off the kitchen. Queen Bed. Large attached private tiled bathroom with a walk-in granite shower. The washer and dryer are tucked into a closet in this bedroom. Ceiling Fan. Hardwood Floors.
Bedroom #3 Queen bed; delightfully decorated. The flooring is plush carpeting. It is completed with a ceiling fan and HDTV. Shares a Luxury Bathroom ~ glassed in rain shower of marble and granite, and a deep traditional soaker tub. Upstairs.
Bedroom #4 : Mahogany twin beds that can be strapped together to form a King Bed if desired. It is completed with a ceiling fan and HDTV. Shares a Luxury Bathroom ~ glassed in rain shower of marble and granite, and a deep traditional soaker tub. Upstairs.
* Bathroom #1 Private for the Master King. Large Shower, large vanity, and toilet. Tiled.
* Bathroom #2 Attached to the downstairs Queen Bedroom. Vanity, shower, and toilet. Tiled.
* Bathroom #3 Upstairs shared with the Queen and the Twins. Glass rain shower, soaker tub, glass, marble and tile.
* Bathroom #4 Powder Room located downstairs in the hallway. Stylish and savvy.
* Family Room Main Level large room with oversized HDTV, cable, stereo, fireplace, chairs, leather sofas, ceiling fans. Room opens with french doors to wrap around porch.
* Den Main Level located between the great room and kitchen. Has a sleeper sofa.
* Gourmet Kitchen Fully equipped. Center island. Granite Countertops. Gas range. Oven with warmer drawer. Large sub zero built in refrigerator. Dishwasher. Trash compactor. Water filtration. Garbage disposal. Small TV. Coffee pot, toaster oven, all appliances.
* Dining Room Open to the kitchen. Large Walnut table protected by a glass top. Seats 8-10.
* Washer and Dryer Located in a closet in the Queen Bedroom downstairs off the kitchen.
Exterior French doors open out to wrap-around Southern porches that encircle the house. Outdoor ceiling fans keep you cool and keep the bugs away. There are sets of seating all around the porches. Gas grill for your use.
To top it all off….the grounds of the house make this the perfect vacation location. Kayaks are on site. Crab, fish, ( and swim at high tide ) off the backyard dock. Swing in the hammock, or sit under a tree. Luxuriate in the hot tub on the back deck. Yes! …..you have found paradise.
****** WE HAVE A 2ND RENTAL PROPERTY IN THE SAME NEIGHBORHOOD...just 3.5 blocks away. The other house rental has a private POOL! ***
Guests have full private use of the main house. Guests do not have use of the garage. Guests do not have use of the apartment where owners live.
•Conveniently located near our Beaches & Historic Downtown Charleston.
A very perfect location to understand and experience the Lowcountry life.
Luxury awaits you at The Big Chill…. a large house, surrounded by stately moss covered oaks and winding waterways.
The Big Chill has extras that you don’t find in a typical rental house.
•Stone and glass rain shower inside.
•Deep pedestal soaker tub in the upstairs luxury bathroom.
•Waterfront Floating Dock in the sprawling backyard.
•Kayaks and a Stand-up Paddleboard !
•Outside Hot Tub on the deck.
•The backyard Dock is perfect for outdoor saltwater activities. Such fun! Catch your crabs and fish.
•Hammock and swing chairs under the trees. Relax and chill out.
•The sprawling backyard…….very private…..photogenic.
•Rocking Chairs on the wrap around porch.
•Relax and (URL HIDDEN) The Big Chill…on the Waterfront.
Interaction with Guests
Please be informed and aware….
The owners live on the property in a private and separate apartment with a private entrance. We like our privacy, and we like to give you privacy, but be aware that we do live and breathe and exist and you will see us because we are here. We maintain the property in excellent condition. We tend to the grounds and the flowers, and do upkeep. We love renting the house and we appreciate it if you choose The Big Chill. We want you to be comfortable.
There is nothing else like it in the area. Aside from the private property peninsula, it is surrounded by water and has water views of the creeks, the rivers, and the marshes. It is the water views and the tidal changes that really make this property spectacular. It is all about the fabulous waterfront location, the ebb and flow of the tides, the natural wildlife, and the privacy, combined with a comfortable savvy home. What a way to enjoy Historic Charleston, the Beaches and the marshes! The location cant be beat, as is evidenced by the mega multi million dollar homes in the area. Sip coffee on the wrap porches, have a glass of wine on the private dock. Pull in your crabs and cook them up in your kitchen!
You need a car, although Whole Foods and Trader Joes are at the main intersection and everything is convenient.
Other Things to Note
******** TAX AND FEES of an additional 12.5% are collected separately and MUST BE SUBMITTED AND PAID TO OWNER prior to arrival. This is in addition to aibnb rental rate *******
The base rate is listed for up to 8 guests. We do charge an additional fee for the 9th and 10th guest. We also count all humans in the guest total, including all children..
**Upon acceptance through airbnb, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO SIGN A PERSONAL AGREEMENT directly with the owners.**
1. Occupancy Clause. Occupancy of your group is limited to this number of guests on this agreement. We consider all humans to be guests, so please include children, toddlers and infants when placing a booking or a request.
2. Animal Clause. Unauthorized pets are not allowed. All animals must be approved in advance and guest must sign a pet addendum. Unauthorized pets will cause a request to depart, and / or an additional charge of $100 per animal per night.
3. Damage Clause. You, the GUEST, are responsible for all damage, breakage or loss in the rental
4. Departure Condition Clause. You, the GUEST agree to leave the premises in the same general and good habitable condition as found upon arrival.
5. Inspection or Repair Clause. You the GUEST agree to allow the OWNER, or an agent, to enter and view the inside of the premises for repairs or inspection in a reasonable manner and as necessary, without notice.
6. Age restriction clause. Nobody under the age of 18 shall be inside or outside of the premises without the supervision and presence of GUEST or another adult over 30 years of age.
7. Smoking Clause. There is NO SMOKING allowed inside the premises. Smoking is allowed on exterior decks and porches and outside on property. Evidence of smoking inside will incur a fine of $500 for additional cleaning.
8. Owners on Premises Clause. Owners or caretakers live in a separate private apartment on the property, so please don't be surprised if you see us working or relaxing in the yard, on our private separate deck, or on the dock. Please be assured that we want you to have a wonderful experience renting, “The Big Chill….on the Waterfront".
9. Violation Clause. Violation of any of the terms of this agreement may be cause for immediate termination of occupancy without refund
10. Party Clause. Visitation parameters ~ Party parameters: Clause and Restrictions: This is a NO PARTY house !
All group gatherings must be approved, arranged, and authorized in advance of arrival.
We do not allow parties, gatherings, rehearsal dinners, weddings, graduation parties, wedding preparation parties, breakfast parties, or any kind of celebration parties at the house that includes additional guests added to the contracted group. All gatherings with extra people are considered to be parties and are not allowed.
A violation of this clause will cause a request to depart. Guest will forfeit entire deposit and will also be invoiced and required to pay a $1000 extra fee.
11. Parking Clause. No on street parking is allowed. All cars must park in the driveway, and not on the street. The driveway can hold 5 cars.
Sidewalks in front of the house must legally be kept clear and passable for neighbors and mail delivery.
12. Hot Tub Clause Use the Hot Tub at your own risk. When the tub is in need of balancing, or water changing, or repairs, it will be out of use. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person.
13. Liability of Host Clause. We have made every effort to ensure that the house is well maintained, sound, and safe. It is understood and agreed that we shall not be held liable for any injuries, accidents, or other harm.
14. Written Exceptions Clause. Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing, in advance.
15. Fireplace: Only Duralogs or "fake logs" are allowed. No real wood is to be burned in the fireplace. You will be assessed a penalty of $100.00 if you burn real wood instead of pressed logs.
17. Keys. All keys must be returned upon departure. Failure to return all keys will result in a charge of $100 for locksmith to re-key the house.
18. Sublet Clause. Guest is not permitted to sublet property.
We love visitors who wish to enjoy wonderful Charleston and also enjoy the beautiful tidal waters of our property. We get a lot of reunion groups, family groups, and guests in town for weddings. We will greet you and get you settled in, but you will have the main house all to yourselves. We live in a apartment with a separate entrance, and separate decking so you have total privacy. We also have a 2nd house just 3.5 blocks away that is 5 BR with a private swimming pool.