Rustic Country Cottage ~ near all the great wineries, restaurants and spas. Just a few minutes from downtown Calistoga where you can enjoy mud baths and massages, hot springs and more wine. We have bikes for your pleasure and are near a trail head for walks and hikes.
The cottage is light and airy, casual and comfortable, clean and simple. Enjoy splendid sunsets and views of the St Helena Mountains to the north, the Sonoma Mountains to the south, and the Napa Valley to the east ~ just a couple of minutes from Old Faithful Geyser.
We're a rustic scene with vegetable gardens, young fruit trees, olive trees, chickens and open fields. It's a two story cottage ~ colorful hand embroidered Gujarati tapestries decorate the walls and the stairway. There are three main living areas. Downstairs is a light filled lounging space with a modern Scandanavian Design Sofa Sleeper which folds (not a pullout) into a complete Queen size bed with cozy bedding to comfortably sleep two--and an accompanying full size bath.
Upstairs is the main bedroom, with it's own private bath, a pillow-top queen bed, a lounging settee, and large sun lit windows leading to a small outdoor deck.
The third room features a gorgeous Vermont Castings wood stove, slated hardwood bistro table for four, and a german-engineered scandanavian design modern sleeper sofa that folds and rivals any luxury mattress and doubles as a seriously comfortable sofa.
The kitchenette includes a standard fridge/freezer, toaster oven, electric kettle, coffee maker, hot plate, cookware, dish ware, utensils, and an outdoor BBQ ~ but not an actual stove. In the winter the days can be springlike and nights cold. The cottage is equipped with deluxe space heaters in each of the rooms and a high end Vermont Castings wood stove (that comes with instructions) and will likely have a cozy fire should you arrive late on a winter night. Please consider another site if you are not comfortable operating a wood stove.
Antique rugs as you enter the cottage, inherited from great grand parents. Please no shoes in the house.
Breakfast items include fresh baked granola, yogurt, organic teas, toast and freshly ground, home-roasted, hand picked coffee beans - these alone are worth the visit!
WE KINDLY ASK PLEASE NO MOTORCYCLES ALLOWED ON SITE OR YOUR RESERVATION IS SUBJECT TO CANCELLATION WITHOUT A REFUND - thanks for your understanding
Interaction with Guests
Please get in touch! We look forward to meeting you!
Tell us the basics:
• A little about what you do
• The purpose of your trip
• Who's traveling with you
And we'd love to meet you during your stay even if just for a few minutes. We look forward to hosting you, and are on site in the main house next door, and almost always available during your stay ~
Quiet neighborhood, tucked away next to the Napa River ~ and the open fields we're slowly turning into orchards of fruits, nuts, and medicinal perennials.
We're a five minute drive to downtown Calistoga ~
About a 10 minute scenic bike ride or a
leisurely 20 minute stroll into town.....
And, there's a vine line from San Francisco!
Other Things to Note
- Ballooning in Calistoga : Calistoga Balloons & Bonaventura Balloon Company
- Bike rentals in Calistoga
- Bike tours in Napa, Bike tours in Sonoma
- Golfing in Calistoga
- Hiking at Bothe State Park (trailhead just south of town, off hwy29)
- Hiking up (website hidden). Helena (trailhead at nearby Robert Louis Stevenson State Park)
- Horse Riding – for example, Horsen Around in Bodega Bay (website hidden)
- Lake Sonoma & Russian River
- Picnicking at Vineyards, parks and along the Russian River
- Petrified Forest (2 miles away)
- Safari West (4 miles away)
- Zipline (zip & sip) tours
- Art Galleries
- Bike tours and Ballooning
- Fine Restaurants (Calistoga, St. Helena and Santa Rosa)
- Mud & Mineral Baths
Wireless Internet hot-spots in Calistoga
Around Sonoma County:
- Day Trips to , San Francisco, and the Ocean
- River Rock Casino
- Discover giant redwood trees at Armstrong Redwood Park (see Guerneville below)
- Enjoying the town of Guerneville with its bohemian shops and Russian River frontage - just follow River Road to the west
- Historical tours, such as Charles Schultz museum in Santa Rosa
- Live Music & Concerts (Calistoga stages on weekends, and Luther Burbank Center for the Arts)
Our casa is your casa ~ we are thrilled to share it and entrusting you to care for it as if it were your own. Really, our main concern is that you enjoy yourselves in the space
1. PLEASE NO Smoking inside ~ it is allowed on the decks. A $125 charge will result to return the property to a non smoking condition.
2. PLEASE NO SHOES. There is a shoe rack just inside the door to help protect the really old hand made, hand dyed carpets your helping preserve.
3. CONSERVE HEAT AND ELECTRICITY. We want to be as low-impact as possible, please conserve energy by turning off lights when you’re away.
4. HOUSEKEEPING. Please leave clean dishes as you found them. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included. Missing/damaged articles will be billed to the credit card in the rental agreement. An additional $75 steam cleaning fee will be charged for furniture/carpet stains or burns.
5. Rates are subject to seasonal changes
6. LIABILITY. House is privately owned ~ by accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests assume the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise; owner is not responsible for accidents, injuries, or illness that occur while on the premises or its facilities; and are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
7. The owner is not responsible for any accidents or injuries resulting from use of the bicycles provided and guests agree to use bicycles entirely at his or her own risk.
8. Pets are permitted only with prior approval and there is an additional nonrefundable deposit of $75
9. While there is a reliable septic system PLEASE DO NOT flush non septic materials, it could lead to additional charges for plumbing repair.
10. No bonfires on the premises permitted ~ charges will be incurred otherwise, and possible fines by local authorities.
11. Please obey all local, state, and federal laws and ordinances, and ask that your guests to do the same.
12. NO PARTIES. No more then 4 people max are allowed in the house at any time unless prior arrangements have been made with the owners. PLEASE be considerate of the neighbors.
If problems arise during your stay please notify us IMMEDIATELY so that we can address issues as soon as possible. We are very responsive and want to make sure you have a great stay!
Mari & Grover
A perfect place for our "girl's get-away" weekend touring the Napa Valley. Mari was a most gracious hostess, even came to our rescue late one night helping with a medical issue. The house was adorable and met all of needs, roomy, clean, comfortable in a very pastoral setting. A perfect retreat, able to eat our breakfast and dinner there. We all loved it. Thank You!
Cute cottage just outside Calistoga. Everything worked great, and Mari was flexible and helpful. Would recommend.
This beautiful cottage was exactly as explained. Mari was very accommodating. Both nights we had supper on the porch and the only thing we could hear were the birds singing. We would absolutely stay here again.
My wife and I had a wonderful stay at Mari's place. The home was immaculately clean, and everything we needed was right at hand--Mari even sourced gluten-free items to accommodate my wife's dietary needs. The views from the cottage are great, and it is QUIET! We got in a lot of much-needed napping. Mari greeted us upon arrival and gave us a tour of the home, but was otherwise very respectful of our privacy.
Laurie is a dog person, and she especially enjoyed being greeted by Mari's very friendly "Maitre Dog"
We would recommend Mari's place to anyone looking for a relaxing, quiet, and low-stress vacation spot in the Napa Valley.
Mari's cottage was the perfect place for our weekend in Calistoga. Plenty of space for two couples. We particularly enjoyed breakfast and late afternoon snacks and beverages on the deck where we could take in the lovely scenery. Mari left us delectable breakfast fixin's- just to our tastes. The beds were very comfortable and though the nights were refreshingly chilly, we stayed toasty. Highly recommend it!
Mari and her extremely friendly and lovable dog, Sandy, greeted us upon arrival. After a long afternoon of driving, it was great to be welcomed and treated with local pastries and a bottle of chardonnay. Mari's cabin, which we called "our little house on the prairie," is beautiful, well maintained, and easily accessible. The living room looks out to open fields and grapevines. The sunny deck is a great place to hang out with a glass of wine and local cheese. All 3 rooms have comfortable and cozy bedding. If you are looking for a relaxing weekend in the Wine Country. This is the place to be.
We had a great experience vacationing at Mari's cottage! The space was just as presented on the website. Mari's communication was clear and easy to follow. The space was very clean. We were greeted with lovely treats and some breakfast items which were a nice surprise.
We would love to stay here again when visiting the wine country!
We're small organic producers ~~we enjoy growing food, flowers, and wonder.
Love culinary pleasures, times with friends, and the awe of the wild.