Please read the very important FAQ and NOTES at the end of this description BEFORE you book.
Our calendar is ALWAYS up to date, so you can use INSTANT BOOKING for your urgent bookings.
This state of the art duplex loft apartment is situated in the historic center of Brussels on the top floor of a 19th century Art Nouveau Town house above an art gallery. It consists of an income with closet space and a staircase leading to the main floor. On this main floor there is a large open space with living room, dining room and open kitchen, a bathroom and little terrace, an oriental decorated bedroom and a stair leading to the upper floor. This floor has two terraces, an office and a bedroom with matrimonial bed. The loft has its original Art Nouveau stain glass windows, high ceilings and woodwork. It has been decorated by art and antique dealers and is perfect for those who like to travel in style and luxury.
Breakfast and dining
In your apartment you’ll find free coffee and tea but we do not serve breakfast. There are several bakeries and stores nearby, so you can prepare your own breakfast in the apartment if you like, but the Sablon area is known for good eating and here are several places in the neighborhood where you can discover more exciting choices than coffee and bread. There is the famous bakery the Pain Quotidien which is on the Grand Sablon and is great for farm style home made rolls and breads, though pricy. There is Snack Aimé which is one of our favorites and it is just around the corner at the end of Rollebeek street (one of Brussels oldest street dating back to 1564 ) which is a pedestrian street and there you'll find delicious homemade fruit tarts and wonderful hero sandwiches, soups and salads all very reasonable priced. Of course you should try the croissants and pastries at Wittamer, delicious and very pricy. If you like sampling some of Belgium’s goodies, then the Grand Sablon have some of the best gourmet shops in the world - like chocolatiers Pierre Marcolini, Whittamer, Neuhaus and Godiva. Not to mention some of the best dining in Europe - aux Clefs des Champs, Au Vieux Saint Martin, Lola, Comme Chez Soi are nearby.
The Sablon is in the center of town in the old city. You’re a five minute walk from the Grand’Place. The Sunday antique market is outside your front door. A few minutes walk away is the daily flea market (marché aux puces) or the exuberant Sunday South Market (food and clothes) at the South (Midi/Zuid) Station
For those who like museums : the Fine Art museum, the Erotic Museum, the Magritte Museum, the Music Instrument museum, the Comic Strip museum and the Horta house are all around the corner in walking distance.
As for shopping, you’re close to over 100 art and antique galleries, Avenue Louise, and Rue Dansaert, Brussels’ fashion street. There is a supermarket on the Grand Sablon, so food shopping is easy.
Parking and public transport
Apart from parking in the street (pay meters) there is the Albertine parking only 50 meters away. (This apartment is located so central you won't really need your car). The nearest Metro (Central Station) is a seven minute walk. Basically every attraction is in walking distant. The apartment is approx 7 minutes walking from Central Station. There is the Airport Express Train every 20 minutes from the airport to Central Station. (fair 7,60 euro single). There is a bus stop in the street approx 30 mtrs. away.
Ideal for those who like a romantic weekend in the luxury of a 19th century Hotel de Maitre. Only few steps away from the gay neighborhood.
IMORTANT NOTES AND FAQ :
1. Please check the apartment when you come in with the housekeeper. If there is anything that doesn’t look up to your standards of cleanliness, report it to the housekeeper.
3. Check also our other apartments ("My Other Listings" on the right) - welcome to book whichever you like most!
4. Check-up our "House Rules" for some more useful info!
5. There is WIFI internet connection included in the price.
6. NO pets, NO smoking, no parties
7. There is NO air-conditioning in the apartment.
8. The bedrooms are on the back of the apartment, so it is quiet.
9. Also available for long term rentals, ask for special rates and conditions.
10. Our calendar is always up to date, if the apartment is free, YOU CAN BOOK INSTANTLY.
11. We prefer to communicate in English or Dutch, but if you like you can write to us in Flemish, Dutch, English, Italian, French and German.
12. For every communication use the Airbnbsite. I check it every day. I DO NOT check my other emails on a daily base, so please don’t my (website hidden) account!!!!
13. I have written an extensive GUIDEBOOK with reviews of all our favorite shops, museums, bars, restaurants, groceries, taxi stops, etc. There will be aprinted version at your disposal in the apartment. It will help you to get around in the neighborhood and Brussels.
14. The loft is on the 3rd, 4th and 5th floor of the house and there is no elevator. Guest need to be in reasonable condition to cope with the many stairs. There is NO elevator in the building.
15. The loft is named after a famous French sculptor, Auguste RODIN, who used to live and work in this neighbourhood. Please mention this name in EVERY conversation with me.
16. The loft is NOT a PARTY apartment. We ask our guest to respect the tranquility of the other inhabitants. If you disrespecting this rule we will ask you to leave immediately without refund.
17. Thank you for reading till the end …. and enjoy your stay.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$21 / night after 2 guests|
|Minimum Stay:||3 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$845 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$3380 /month|
|Check In:||1:00 PM|
|Check Out:||10:00 AM|
Beautiful apartment right in the center. I can very much recommend this place!
Perfect place ,perfect waitress, perfect décoration , perfect beds. You're near from all in 10 mns by walk... Thank you very much Trente and Filip !
What a special loft! The location of this unit is really perfect for seeing the all the famous sites of Brussels. Everything you need is right outside your door. Inside, you'll find a warmly lit environment that's great for relaxing and recuperating after a long day of exploring all Brussels has to offer. The decorations are really special, antique art and architectural highlights really top this off as a terrific home base for your stay.
I stayed last October for 6 nights at Trente´s appartment. I guess the key thing to be said is that I will come back to this amazing appartment every time I have to go to Brx.
All was simply perfect, including Trente´s assistant who helped me through a number of minor issues on a Sunday!
Eine wunderbare Ferienwohnung, zentral gelegen, herrlich eingerichtet, unbedingt empfehlbar.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.