About this listing
This super-sunny, stylish apartment with breathtaking Bay views is in San Francisco's BEST neighborhood. On a quiet, private alley, it's a hidden bungalow in walking distance to everything. Come live like a local in the heart of the City. Enjoy!
Enjoy the best of San Francisco in this charming, sunny, stylish, comfortable and quiet 2 bedroom/1 bath apartment overlooking the Bay in the heart of the City. An urban retreat, this 1000 sq. foot bungalow is great for city getaways, weekend adventures, families and business travelers. Nestled between the bustle of North Beach's Italian District—voted a Top 10 neighborhood in the country—and the friendly tree-lined streets and bohemian charm of Russian Hill, settle in and enjoy the City lifestyle like a local.
Relax on a quiet, quaint and private alley (though you'll likely hear the ding of nearby Cable Cars, the fog horn from Golden Gate Bridge, and sea lions on PIER 39!). Step inside to a uniquely San Francisco-style flat with gorgeous new hardwood floors, great light and breathtaking Bay views from both the kitchen and living room with window seats where you can sip California wine and watch sailboats, cruise and cargo ships glide by. Step outside to postcard views of Alcatraz and Coit Tower on your doorstep. It's the perfect location!
Your private, quiet room is fully furnished and sleeps 2 with a new Queen-size bed, down comforter, highspeed wi-fi internet access, and flat screen TV.
There's a fully-stocked kitchen with refrigerator, gas range, dishwasher, coffee makers (Drip coffee & stove-top espresso), all cooking & eating utensils, spices & condiments, cookbooks & apron. Continental breakfast with fruits, yogurt, cereal, and muffins is included plus local coffees and teas (they're the best). Separate dining room, living room, and bathroom with shower, tub and Turkish bathrobes provided.
All fresh linens, towels, amenities (shampoo/conditioner, soaps, lotions), hairdryer and iron/ironing board are all provided. There is also a free washer/dryer for your use in the building.
Interaction with Guests
I'll be there whenever possible to welcome you in person...but if not, there's super easy access with a lockbox onsite so you can let yourselves in and make yourselves at home!
North Beach, or Little Italy, is the place to be...so grab a handcrafted coffee on Columbus Street, sit back and enjoy the views, the sights, and the incredible people watching. You just might find yourself here all day!
Rich in Italian heritage, this amazing neighborhood compresses cabarets, jazz clubs, galleries, inns, family style restaurants and gelato parlors into less than a square mile. A perfect spot for cappuccino and espresso, North Beach is transformed into one of San Francisco's most electric playgrounds by night; live music and dancing keep the streets swinging. In the morning practice tai chi with the regulars in Washington Square and from here, catch the No. 39 bus to the top of Telegraph Hill. Coit Tower atop Telegraph Hill offers amazing views. Thirty local artists painted murals on its ground floor walls in 1933. This hill is also laced with stairways off Filbert and Greenwich streets as well as lush gardens.
San Francisco is one of the world's best walking cities, so get out there and stroll, see the sights, or just wander! With a 'walking-score' of 95 out of 100, North Beach is centrally located and ideal for explorations on foot to nearby neighborhoods and attractions, and an easy walk to the Moscone Convention Center.
Lombard Street, Fisherman's Wharf, Ghirardelli Square, Russian Hill, Telegraph Hill, Polk Street, Union Street, and the Financial District, are all within a comfortable 10-15 minute walk from the apartment.
You're 2 blocks to the Cable Car lines that take you to both Fisherman's Wharf and Union Square, and 1/2 block to MUNI bus lines to other destinations in the City. You can purchase a multi-day MUNI pass that is good for the bus and cable car, and they also accept cash (exact change only).
Car Shares, Scooters, and more...
For travelers who do NOT need a car for their entire visit, car sharing is available from Getaround, City CarShare and RelayRides, and there are several nearby Zipcar locations: go to zipcarsf. Also…the website FlightCar lists cars owned by private individuals that are available for pickup at SFO at less cost than the corporate rental companies; there are several car, bicycle rental shops in the neighborhood; there is even a motor scooter website, go to scootnetworks.
Taxis & Uber
Traditional taxicabs, Lyft and Uber cars are readily available. Download the Lyft and/or Uber phone apps to order cars from anywhere. They're awesome!
Visiting San Francisco is easiest WITHOUT a car, and note there is no onsite parking. If you do want to have a car in San Francisco, be sure to plan ahead, as street parking can be difficult in most neighborhoods. There is free parking in the residential areas of North Beach, but only for a maximum of 2 hours between 8 AM and 9 PM Monday through Saturday; overnight parking is not restricted, and there are no restrictions between 9PM on Saturday and 8AM on Monday. Several paid lots/garages are within a three-block radius, rates vary, go to parkopedia for details and North Beach locations.
Major Bay Area transportation hubs are in close proximity:
• Caltrain Depot: about 2 miles
• Pier 43 Ferry Terminal: less than 1 mile
Ferry Building Terminal is at Pier 1: about 1.5 miles
• San Francisco International Airport: about 16 miles
Other Things to Note
You'll find everything you need about the apartment waiting for you in a handy "user's guide" including house details, Wi-Fi passwords, and guides to local restaurants, attractions, sights and more.
Plus, I've worked in tourism for San Francisco for 10 years, so I'm your personal guide when it comes to what to do and where to go!
My house is your house—so welcome to San Francisco and have a great time in one of the best cities in the world!
I invite you to make yourself at home and enjoy the space with the respect and kindness you would in your own. I expect you will treat the neighbors downstairs and in the alley with the friendliness and regard they will be happy to show you and which will make your visit even more special.
We all love our neighborhood and our home and are happy to share it with you if you will please do the same.
1. Check-in / Checkout time. Our usual check-in is at 3PM or later, and check-out is at 11AM or earlier. Early check-in (before 3PM) and late check-out (after 11AM) must be requested in advance, as we need a window of time between Guests to prepare the apartment. Our ability to accommodate such requests varies and is subject to change, especially during busy seasons, due to the unpredictable schedule of Guest arrivals and departures.
2. Minimum Stay. The Bungalow requires a 4 night minimum stay. On occasion, shorter stays may be approved by means of the "Special Offer" feature through the Airbnb website.
3. Occupancy. Only those guests who have properly registered through the initial Airbnb booking are allowed to stay overnight at the Bungalow. Our usual maximum occupancy is 2 guests (not counting infants who do not require separate sleeping arrangements), although this may be revised to a maximum of 3 guests upon request, including use of the sofa bed. Reservations for more than 2 guests and/or use of the sofa bed require an additional charge of $25.00 per night.
4. Security Deposit. A refundable security deposit of $500 will be collected by Airbnb when the reservation is confirmed. Airbnb will return the Security Deposit within 48 hours providing: (a) No damage is done to the apartment or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear. (b) No household items including linens and towels are lost or damaged. (c) No unscheduled early check-in or late check-out. (d) No excessive music / noise disturbances are made during Quiet Hours, defined as the hours between 10 PM and 8 AM. We want you to enjoy your visit, and at the same time, would like everyone (guests as well as neighbors) to enjoy the benefits of our quiet, residential neighborhood. So…feel free to invite your friends to visit, but please don’t host any loud social events. (e) Checkout procedure is followed, as noted below:
- Please leave towels on the bathroom floor.
- Consolidate trash and recycling in the bins provided in the Kitchen.
- Rinse dishes and place them in the countertop drying rack or the dishwasher.
- Lock the door and return keys to the lockbox.
5. Smoking in the apartment is Prohibited. Smoking inside the apartment will result in the loss of the Security Deposit. If you do wish to smoke, you may make use of the seating area just outside the front door, as seen in the website photos.
6. Pets are not permitted.
7. Cleaning. Daily housekeeping services (cleaning and laundry) are not provided, and there is a guest laundry facility available by request. However, maid service may be scheduled in advance at an additional rate.
Your guest bedroom sleeps 2 with a Queen-size bed, wireless internet access and flat-screen HDTV. It's super cozy and quiet!
About the Host, Carrie
Originally from Colorado, I've lived in San Francisco for the better part of 25 years and still absolutely love it. I'm a global traveler (28 countries and counting), work in the travel industry, and love showing off my City!
I'm a former tech start-up employee (Xoogler), ski instructor and yoga teacher, well-balanced, fun, professional, and all around pretty relaxed.
I loved doing home stays nearly 20 years ago while traveling solo around the world. It's wonderful to return the favor thanks to Airbnb!
I'm a very proud Superhost and invite you to make yourself completely at home during your stay. I'm also very knowledgeable about the City, and always happy to make recommendations for any type of trip to San Francisco, so please ask!