About this listing
Peace Cove sits on a bluff in the Carmel Highlands. It feels 'away from it all' yet is close to town and just a 1 minute walk to the Hyatt Highlands Inn's front door!
At Peace Cove, enjoy Pristine Nature & Ocean Views next to the Highlands Inn in the Carmel Highlands! Relaxed & casual. Rustic with a quirky charm – Peace Cove is a great place to meet with friends and family in one of the most beautiful spots on the California Coast.
Peace Cove sits on a bluff in the Carmel Highlands perched above rocky seashores with stunning views of Point Lobos and ocean sunsets. 4 miles south of Carmel-by-the-Sea, and on your way to Big Sur, it is the perfect place to stay and explore Monterey Bay, Carmel Valley, & the Big Sur Coastline!
It is also the ideal solution for extended family & friends' accommodations when you plan your next celebration at the Highlands Inn.
Sleeps from 4 & max 13. We recommend mid-size groups of 4-10.
* 3 Bedrooms (includes 1 mid-size loft), and an additional youth-size loft.
* The Living Room & Great Room provide separate gathering spaces which visitors can relax in while enjoying the coastal views. The Living Room has stunning panoramic views; The Great Room opens to the Sunset Deck and also provides views towards the ocean.
* A cozy eat-in Kitchen with morning sunlit views of the forest and towards Point Lobos.
* Dining Room with Fireplace & ambiance.
* Morning and Sunset Decks. Panoramic views towards ocean, canyon, & hillsides.
* Expansive natural outdoor spaces on 1 acre of private & lush wild landscape.
* On-site parking for up to 4 cars, & easy access to Hwy 1.
* A one minute stroll to dining at the Highlands Inn’s California Kitchen & 5-star Pacific Edge Restaurant. No need to drive!
* Visitors will enjoy Peace Cove's privacy and sense of freedom; one sees private stunning & expansive views of nature.
* The house is comfortable and the feeling is rustic, like a spacious cabin. Air conditioning is opening the windows and doors. The lifestyle is closer to nature with homespun comforts.
The beauty of its natural setting combined with easy convenience makes Peace Cove the perfect vacation retreat to enjoy in groups! Share happy moments together with family & friends, be it a reunion, vacation, wedding, or simply a memorable getaway. We hope that you love Peace Cove as much as we do.
Specific Sleeping Accommodations:
* The Master Bedroom has a CalKing Bed, Private Bath (shower, no tub), French doors open to Morning Deck.
* The Pt. Lobos Bedroom which looks out towards Pt Lobos, has a Queen Bed, opens to the Living Room.
* The Loft which is mezzanine loft over the Dining Room has a Queen Bed, boho feel, Curtain wall to open & shut.
* The Nest is a pint size Sleep space with a Full Size Bed and an amazing view. It has a very low ceiling - kids LOVE this room!
* The Living Room has a Full Size Sleeper Sofa.
* The Great Room has a Queen Size Sleeper Sofa, a Day Bed + Trundle.
Peace Cove: search for Peace Cove on Wordpress,(website hidden) or just add standard extension to PeaceCove for website; I cannot list the website as AirBnB hides the info.
Note: This is a private residence, not wheelchair accessible to the main floor (shortest path is 5 wide steps accessible), and infants & toddlers should be supervised at all times. This home & its surroundings feel wild and natural, and it is full of wildlife. Attention & caution should be used on the premises for the benefit of its natural residents and Peace Cove visitors. We also have wonderful and discreet long-term tenant living in a separate unit under the house and behind the garage.
Other Things to Note
Rental Agreement: We have a standard rental agreement that we will email to you when we receive your inquiry or booking request. Your reservation payment will serve as an approval to the rental agreement. If you have any questions whatsoever, we'd be happy to discuss with you.
Check-in 4pm, Check-out 11am.
Read Handbook - that lots of info there!
No Pets - We are sorry!
No Shoes inside.
No Climbing Waterfall.
Please leave car access to the side of the garage for our long-term tenant. Thank you!
4 cars max parking.
Max 10 persons on premises.
Karen made us feel so welcome at Peace Cove. We had all the necessary information and much more before our stay, and were never left wondering how something worked or where to find anything. What a gorgeous home in an idyllic setting - highly recommend to anyone looking to get away to quiet, stunning beauty, and a multitude of ways to fill your well deserved days off. Cheers to Karen and Peace Cove!
My wife and I have traveled all over the world to beautiful locations but I think Peace Cove was our favorite. Karen was delightful to work with and my wife especially loved the little touches like luxurious beds and fresh flowers.
It's located an easy walk to the next door resort with its fabulous restaurant and we cooked our own gourmet meals in the house so what could be better?
We will definitely be back!
Karen was easy to get in contact with.
She made the check in process easy, we were even greeted by a lovely basket of wine and cheese to enjoy upon check in.
The home was just as described, it was clean and orderly. A fully equipped kitchen to prepare meals was appreciated.
Thank you for a lovely place to rent for our weekend family get away.
I can't say enough good things about Peace Cove and the love and attention that Karen & Patrick placed into making us feel welcome. The house was even more beautiful in person, the views were amazing and there was so much peace in the house...perfect for our writing retreat.
Peace Cove is beautifully decorated, was very clean, and fully stocked with everything we needed. There were clear instructions and helpful suggestions for anything we could need. We never saw Karen and Patrick but they made themselves available during our stay via phone and email. We never needed to contact them, everything in the house worked well. The house is so close to amazing beaches, Point Lobos, Carmel-by-the-sea and Big Sur. I'm really hoping to return again soon. I highly recommend Peace Cove to anyone considering!
Peace Cove was lovely, from the views out every window to the cozy lap-blankets in every room! The home is spacious, with different areas to gather or find privacy, each one set up to be comfortable and relaxing. Karen and Patrick go above and beyond as hosts, outfitting each (beautiful) bathroom with spa-like touches, filling closets with extra blankets and board games, and leaving delicious treats, from breakfast choices through late-night sweets. Our family of five (three sons, ages 16-23) had a wonderful time there re-acquainting ourselves after many months on separate paths. And, of course, the location can't be beat -- Point Lobos, Big Sur, Carmel, all right at hand. Thank you, Karen and Patrick!!
Karen was fantastic in making sure I knew where I was going, what to do when I got there, and how everything worked. The house was wonderful, with a perfect perch on practically every side of the house. I loved the view of the ocean from the living room - it even made working more pleasant. There were a bunch of really lovely touches, like a stocked kitchen, fresh-cut flowers all over the house.. and of course the monarch butterflies. It was indeed a cove of peace!
About the Host, Karen
Hello, Patrick & I have a home in Carmel Highlands, Calif. We call it Peace Cove. We love nature, the ocean, wildlife. For us this place is a sanctuary and we always leave feeling rested and uplifted. Other things about me: I'm an architect, and a horse person. I am very interested in holistics, practice Reiki, and energy work, love photography, dressage, art, architecture, animals, and nature. Thanks for visiting my page. Karen