About this listing
A very well-located, modern, spacious house with very easy access to the best places in Tokyo. Experience our version of the Japanese concept of hospitality (omotenashi) as you use our well-designed house as your home base for your Tokyo adventure!
Modern, well-designed interior, especially compared to other options at this price point in Tokyo. Took 3 years to painstakingly renovate/re-design. It was a labor of love but the result was well-worth it.
3 bedroom, 3-story house, 90 sq meters
*Guest Room on 1f, common areas on 2f, and hosts' bedrooms on 3f so lots of privacy for guests.
*Fully-equipped, renovated kitchen with lots of appliances including a high end Nespresso Latissma Pro Espresso machine
*Japanese-style bathroom with shower/tub, and washer/dryer unit
• 50" flat-screen TV in living room
*top of the line Yamaha soundbar speaker
*blue-ray dvd player/dvd recorder
*cable with English channels
Clean, modern Japanese-inspired design
• Size: 6 tatami mats (9 square meters)
• Double size bed with
*comfortable memory foam mattress pad
*can accommodate 2.
• Extra Japanese style futon set is available and can be laid on the floor of the room for 3rd guest or child; can be stowed away in a designated futon closet during the day for more space.
• Full-size wardrobe provides sufficient storage.
Guest Room located on 1F next to toilet.
Guests have full access to everything on 1f and 2f, including living dining/room and kitchen anytime.
Interaction with Guests
We both work full-time so are away from the house most of the time but are available in the evenings and on weekends to offer advice/suggestions or to share a nightcap ;)
• Located at the end of a traditional shopping street (Ebisu Dori) in a safe, charming neighborhood with lots of mom-and-pop shops (butchers, florists, veg markets, fish mongers, etc)
• Just 1 stop from Ikebukuro, do you get the best of both worlds!
• Within 5 minutes on foot of 2 large supermarkets, inlcuding 24hr supermarket, lots of restaurants, wine bars, ramen shops, izakayas, cafes, etc.
• 7/11 convenience store 1 minute away from house!
• Ideally located just 1 subway stop from Ikebukuro station (2nd biggest station in Japan and in the world)
• 6 minutes on foot from nearest subway station (Kanamecho Station) on Yurakucho and Fukutoshin subway lines.
• Easy, direct access on 1 train line to the most important stations in Tokyo: Shinjuku, Harajuku, Shibuya, Yokohama, Ginza, etc.
Other Things to Note
* light breakfast items (fruit, pastries, toast).
* capsules for Nespresso Latissma Pro Espresso Machine provided
* a selection of tea also available (Japanese green tea, black tea, etc.)
Free high speed wi-fi in house
Free use of mobile 4G wi-fi router. Guests can take router with them at all times while exploring the city.
Access to pre-paid cell phone
House was recently reinforced for extra earthquake protection.
Earthquake/Disaster survival kit available.
Smoke detectors and emergency flashlights on each floor.
Very safe, family-friendly neighborhood
1) Be sure to lock guest room windows before leaving the house and at night.
2) Smoking is ok under the kitchen range hood or in the garage.
3) No burning of candles/incense.
4) Turn off the a/c and all lights when you leave the house- power is quite expensive in Japan compared to a lot of other countries.