About this listing
A very well-located, modern, 3-story house with very easy access to the best places in Tokyo. Experience our version of the Japanese concept of hospitality (omotenashi) as you use our well-designed house as your home base for your Tokyo adventure!
Modern, well-designed interior, especially compared to other options at this price point in Tokyo. Took 3 years to painstakingly renovate/re-design. It was a labor of love but the result was well-worth it. The layout is perfect for Airbnb as guests have lots of privacy.
3 bedroom, 3-story house, 90 sq meters
1F :Guest Room / Toilet
2F: Kitchen / Living /Dining / Bathroom
3F: Hosts' rooms
• Fully-equipped, renovated kitchen
* high-end Nespresso Latissma Pro espresso machine
* lots of other appliances
• Japanese-style bathroom with shower/tub, and washer/dryer unit
• High-grade entertainment center in living room
* 50" flat-screen TV
* top of the line Yamaha soundbar speaker
* blue-ray dvd player/dvd recorder
* Apple TV
* cable with English channels
Clean, modern Japanese-inspired design
• Size: 6 tatami mats (9 square meters)
• Double-sized bed
* high-quality linens
* down duvet
* comfortable memory foam mattress pad
* can accommodate 2.
• Compact desk space is the perfect place for your laptop and doubles as a vanity for applying make-up
• Wardrobe provides plenty of storage
Guest room on 1F next to toilet.
Full access to 1F and 2F, including living dining/room and kitchen anytime. 3F is private.
Interaction with guests
We both work full-time so are away from the house most of the time but are available in the evenings and on weekends to offer advice/suggestions or to share a nightcap ;)
Other things to note
* light breakfast items (fruit, pastries, toast).
* capsules for Nespresso Latissma Pro Espresso Machine provided
* a selection of tea also available (Japanese green tea, black tea, etc.)
Free high-speed wi-fi in house
Free use of mobile 4G wi-fi router. Guests can take router with them at all times while exploring the city.
House was recently reinforced for extra earthquake protection.
Earthquake/Disaster survival kit available.
Smoke detectors and emergency flashlights on each floor.
Very safe, family-friendly neighborhood
1) Keep guest room windows locked at all times
2) Smoking is ok under the kitchen range hood or in the garage.
3) No burning of candles/incense.
4) Turn off the a/c and all lights when you leave the house- power is quite expensive in Japan compared to a lot of other countries.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
Born & raised in Texas but based in Tokyo now. Run airbnb with my Japanese businesss partner, Kenji. Mature, respectful professionals who work hard but know how to enjoy life. With our Southern/Texas & Japanese backgrounds, hospitality comes quite naturally to us. I studied abroad in Bangkok, Thailand and Paris, France and Kenji studied abroad in NYC during our university days so definitely have a global perspective on things.
Interested in traveling, photography, skin care, cooking, home renovation & interior design. Spent about 3 years designing and renovating the house. Our design aesthetic is clean, modern and uncluttered; a bit Japanesey with a mid-century modern flair. Although we are done with most of our interior design projects, we are continuously looking for ways to improve the comfort and design of our space.
We love good quality food/ingredients, nice wine, and Japanese whiskey. We have a particular weakness for champagne & macarons. We also love collecting good quality cookware and kitchen gadgets and have a small but growing collection of Japanese knives, handmade Japanese ceramic dinnerware, and Japanese crystal barware. Love watching cooking & design shows and never get tired of a good old-fashioned make-over.
I fell in love with Tokyo when I first moved here and haven't stopped being amazed by the city every single day. Best place in the world for food, fashion, and shopping as far as I'm concerned. The most fulfilling part of having guests for me is that it gives me the opportunity to help others discover the city and fall in love with it too.