About this listing
This 1000 square-foot ultra comfortable two-bedroom, two-bathroom, fully air-conditioned apartment is both modern (in terms of the comfort it affords) and charming in an old-fashioned way. It accommodates 4, and is on a quiet street in a nice residential neighborhood.
A freshly-renovated modern apartment, it is on the 4th floor of a building (without lift) just a stone's throw from Dhakuria Lake, the "lungs of South Calcutta," as well as the Prince Anwar Shah bus stops and the Metro line (5-10 minutes of walk will take you to the lake, and a shorter walk to the Lord's Bakery bus stop on P.A.S. Road). The Rabindra Sarobar Metro stop is an easy 10-minute rickshaw ride away. Restaurants, grocery shops, pharmacies, convenience stores, confectioneries and take-away joints abound in the neighborhood. Also within a stone's throw (5-7 minutes' walk away) is South City, a posh shopping mall (arguably Calcutta's most sought-after) with high-end restaurants and multiplex. The apartment is furnished with mid-century Burma-teak furniture, exuding the sort of understated sophistication Calcutta households were once famous for. To ensure comfort during the summer months, there are three air-conditioners in the apartment -- one 2 ton split in the living room and two 1.5 ton window air-conditioners in the bedrooms. Also provided are unrestricted Wi-Fi connection and access to cable television. Fresh towels and bed linen are provided free of cost, and laundry services can be provided on request (for a small amount). The kitchen is fully equipped and is stocked with staples such as tea, coffee, milk, butter, bread, eggs and basic condiments (salt, sugar, pepper, etc)
You are welcome to use the apartment and everything in it as your own (provided you treat it with as much care as you treat your own property). You will have free access to everything from kitchen appliances/utensils to hairdryer and Wi-Fi. There is even a parking area in case you fancy using a car.
Interaction with guests
We are a family of very warm and friendly people who are respectful of others' privacy -- so we will be there whenever you seek our help or company, but will not encroach upon your space or privacy.
Despite being very close to the busy heart of South Calcutta, it is a quiet and laid-back residential neighborhood.
Getting around is easy with access to all modes of transportation. Bus stops and taxi stands are within a few minutes of walk. The nearest Metro station (Rabindra Sarobar) is a 10-minute rickshaw ride away (the Metro connecting the airport to the southern-most part of the city). The two major railway stations, Sealdah and Howrah, are between 30 and 60 minutes from the apartment, depending on the time of day/night and traffic.
1) Parties are not allowed in our apartment. You may invite a couple of guests for a small get-together, but please know that you are NOT allowed to have a party in the apartment.
2) Please keep noise down to ensure that the neighbors are not disturbed.
3) Please do NOT flush anything other than toilet paper down the toilet.
4) Please clean the toilets, the kitchen and the dining table after use.
5) Please do NOT put any hot pans/pots/other cookware on the dining table.
6) Please remember to switch off all air-conditioners, fans and lights before stepping out of the apartment.
7) Everything in the apartment (furniture, appliances, crockery, cutlery, etc) has been chosen with great care for you to appreciate and enjoy -- so please do that (enjoy everything) with equal care.
8) Do not litter the apartment, and make sure you leave it in a decent shape.
And 9) if you book the apartment for weeks or months at a time, please know that the above house rules apply to long-term stays as well. And in case your use of air-conditioners, etc. causes our monthly electricity bills to be far higher than what is normal in the summer months, we will request you to kindly bear the additional costs.
And finally, please remember that the place is our HOME, which we are happy to share with you provided you treat it with due respect.
Thank you and enjoy your stay at Über Cool!