About this listing
New quiet Balinese white wash style house located in Canggu, 2 minutes drive to Batu Bolong beach and famous Echo Beach.
The house is air-conditioned and fully furnished with equipped kitchen; overlooks rice fields including the bathroom for your relaxation in hot water bathtub.
Just 30 minutes from the airport it is the perfect location for your exploration of the island and if required with our assistance. Your first trips can include a 15 minutes drive to Seminyak or 20 minutes to Tanah Lot Temple.
Garden provides shade in tropical days and is calm place for your leisure time activities, internet browsing (wi-fi covered) and barbecues.
The house has its own motorbike parking place and we can organise bikes, motorbikes or cars for rent.
If required we can offer you and extra bed.
We can offer airport transports and guided trips based on your requests. We will be here to furfill all your needs
- drinking water
- cleaning once a week
- free wifi
- all house expenses (water, electric, gas)
1. Jan was very helpful in communication via messages, even though he wasn't onsite.
2. The neighborhood is very nice, close to lots of good breakfast spots, Canggu beach is a great place to surf.
3. Jan was eager to check us in early, which was a huge convenience (we also checked out a night before our last day to balance it).
If you're just for a short holiday and won't spend much time inside apartment, go for the place.
1. The internet wasn't working 80% of the time. That was a huge problem for us as we work full-time and resulted in spending quite a lot of extra money and time (paying for 3g traffic and driving to the nearest coworking in Ubud to get decent speed to be able to work).
2. Strange motorbike rental service. Jan offered to arrange motorbike for us, we agreed and it resulted in:
- the first motorbike provided had broken speedometer and leg stand, we returned it in half an hour;
- the second one was ok, but it was awkwardly exchanged for a third one within a few hours, we didn't even ride it:)
- the third one was the cheapest and smallest bike you could rent, which was rented way more expensive than market price (we didn't know the prices at that point, so it's our problem).
The third bike was just a pain to ride and we ended up returning it in 10 days and renting a much better one in a closest rental for the same price we paid for 10 days to Jan, but monthly.
Truth to say I really didn't feel like paying for that 10 days rental and wanted to ask airbnb for partial refund, considered the lack of the internet for most of our stay, but hey, you have to pay for your experience, don't you:)?
Not a con, just a personal opinion
1. Overall feel of being unwelcomed. Truth to say we're spoiled with extra caring airbnb hosts and perhaps if Jan has been on site, that may have been different, but his friend just checked us in and out very casually - and that's all. Once again, that's very personal, but we're accustomed to different type of hosts and we value personal communication with them a lot.
We stayed at House Batu for ten nights and enjoyed our time there very much. The location was good, not too far from the beach if you have a scooter and there are restaurants close by. The accommodation was very clean, comfortable and spacious. The kitchenette was also a great treat for us. I would have no hesitation in recommending House Batu or Jan as a host. Excellent.
We stayed for 2 weeks at Jan's place and had an amazing time there. Jan is a super nice guy who would help with whatever we needed. The place looks exactly like on the pictures, so we felt comfy from the moment we got there. The location is also great, since it's the cities main road with lots of places to go. It takes 5 minutes to either Echo or Batu Bolong beach which are perfect surfing spots for every level. A bakery, laundry, spa and a small super market are in walking distance. Canggu itself is a really chilled place with many restaurants, cafés and bars right around the corner. We would definetly come back and recccomend this homestay to everyone. Thanks Jan
I states in HouseBATU for two weeks and it was a wonderful experience. The apartment is clean and modern, th kitchen equipment with drinking water and all you need for quick cooling as well as gret Balinézke coffee and sone Basic spaces. Ján is a great friendly host with a constantly smile on his face. He is very helpful, arranged a taxi from the airport, answering any question I had. If you want a get away in a quiet place, close to the oceán and far from busy turistov center, do not hesitate!
Thank you Jan!
We were at Jan's place for 1 week. Perfect place for Surfing. 2 minutes to beach by motorbike. Restaurants around the corner. Our favourite was Roti Canai where your get delicious food ;) The room was clean with enough space. Bit loud in the morning because of the roosters from the neighbour. Laundry nearby. Jan was verry kind and helpful. He organized a motorbike for us and provided us with information. We felt comfortable at Jan's place and would recommend to stay there.
Award of the best host ever ! Jan's apartment is exactly like in the pictures, the place is clean, comfy and just minutes away from the beach and cool restaurants/bars. We wouldn't have dreamt of a better place ! Jan is great, he showed us the neighborhood when we arrived, and was always available to help or give advice. He arranged us scooter rental and gave us good tips to learn surfing nearby. We will definitely recommend his place !
my girlfriend and i quite enjoyed our stay in house batu. it is a plain but charmingly equipped and clean house, located in a quiet area with nice restaurants and fantastic surferspot.
jan arranged transport from airport, local simcard, a scooter and further transport for us. all for cheap money. kiosks, supermarkets, restaurants are very close.
thank you very much jan!
This host has 42 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews