Hi! Guest Nest is located on a quiet tree lined street in a charming historic district a few blocks from gorgeous Rock Creek Park and w/in walking/biking distance of Takoma metro station. Included: private bath, FIOS wifi, snacks,housekeeping & more.
Hi! Guest Nest is located on a quiet tree lined street in a charming historic district a few blocks from gorgeous Rock Creek Park and w/in walking/biking distance of Takoma metro station. Included: private bath, FIOS wifi, snacks,housekeeping & more.
Nightly Rate: $70
Add $12/night for 2nd guest
Our guest room w/ private bath is available for stays of 3-nights to 3 weeks. For reservations of 22 nights or longer, please message us and we will consider longer terms.
We would like to emphasize that our property is ****not**** handicapped accessible. It is *not* listed as such. If you are temporarily injured (especially foot-ankle-knee and/or hip and back) or you're permanently physically disabled and steps/stairs pose a challenge, we *strongly* suggest booking at another property (one specifically listed as "handicap accessible" or property with elevator) which is better suited to your needs. Please take any health concerns or physical challenges into consideration before booking our property. Like most homes in Washington built prior to 1960's, ours is multi-level and has steps/stairs. Thank you.
Guest Nest is a private guest room with private bath inside a 1937 3-storey colonial style single family home located in the charming historic neighborhood of Takoma in upper north-west or "Uptown" Washington, DC. This rental accommodates 1 to 2 guests for 3 to 21 night stays. Unfortunately, we can ****not**** accommodate more than 2 guests.
Included are several amenities like complimentary transportation to/from DCA-Reagan airport or DC's Union Station, new Simmons queen-size 'real' bed, new high quality bed and bath linens, FIOS wifi, FIOS premium cable service, fully stocked (quality hair and skincare products) private bath (*not* shared with anyone), coffee-tea & snacks, Deer Park spring water, new modern quiet central heat/air-conditioning system, free safe parking (no time restrictions or temporary permits necessary), close proximity to both Takoma Metro Station (red line with easy access to yellow/green lines) and various bus routes (within less than 1 block to 2 and 4 blocks from our home-express routes every 8 mins, others every 15-25 mins depending on time of day). We can usually offer our guests rides M-Th mornings to Silver Spring, Takoma, Columbia Heights or Friendship Heights metro stations.
Our location is unique because although it's within the boundaries of DC proper it's tranquil and peaceful; a little suburban but with plenty of city conveniences.
Guests have access to, of course the guest room, and all furnishings, small library and closet contained within. As well as, the guest bath which is located a few feet across the hallway landing from the guest room.
Communal or shared spaces are the dining and living rooms, kitchen, front porch and back yard, as well as the laundry room. Laundry supplies, like detergent, are free-of-charge to our Airbnb guests.
Guests may use our kitchen but we do not permit open flame stove-top/range cooking inside our home. However, we *do* share our refrigerator, convection oven, microwave, toaster, electric coffee maker, press pot, electric kettle, electric griddle, crock pot and bbq along with bbq supplies free-of-charge to our guests.
In the living room guests are welcomed to watch FIOS premium cable programs, use our dvd player, listen to music or just hang out. The front porch and backyard are also shared spaces and where, if the guest wishes, they may smoke, bbq, eat or work (wifi access is available outside too).
Private non-shared spaces are the master bed room, master bath, home office, hall closets and attic. However, if you need something printed we are happy to oblige and if you would like us to store your luggage or other items in our attic that can be arranged as well.
This is a private guest room which includes a private bath in a shared home setting. Our hosting style is how-you-like-it. Which means, if you wish to interact that's fine with us; we prefer friendly sociable guests. We treat our visitors with respect and give them space but always in a friendly manner. If you choose to *not* interact that's ok too. However, if you are extremely private and do not like being around others or do not care to meet new people, or you do not like pets (as our homepage notes we *do* have pets) then we kindly suggest renting a whole apt/flat/house, this way no one is made to feel uncomfortable. Only you know if you like people and/or if you like pets (we have 2 cats and 1 bird). Also, if you don't care for bed & breakfast or pensione style accommodations, then you should book a different property. Please take your own personality and preferences into consideration before reserving our guest room. Thanks!
Our neighborhood is quiet, safe and charming. We do not have crime issues like other parts of the city. Streets are tree-lined and clean; homes are neat and people are generally friendly. We're on the border of northern Brightwood and Takoma, DC. Since we're close to Rock Creek Park if guests wish to bike, hike, horseback ride or meander along nature trails, it's just a 5 minute walk - or I can drop you off inside the park in the mornings on my way to work.
We're also just a few blocks from the mansions and estates which comprise 16th Street Heights adjacent to the park. And a 15 minute walk to Takoma metro and Old Town Takoma shops and restaurants (or you can take the bus from our corner and/or I can drop you off). Guests will experience a tranquil relaxed and enjoyable stay.
Our neighborhood Walk Score is a healthy 89. Our home is a very easy walk (terrain is flat) or bike to/from Takoma Metro Station (red line). It's a 15 minute trek on foot or a 5 minute bike. There is a park-n-ride lot next to the station if you prefer to drive to catch the train. Monday through Thursday mornings I'm available between 7:30-9:30 am to offer rides to local metro station on my way to work.
There is also a bus line (the stop is on our corner) to/from Takoma Station/Old Town Takoma which runs every 15 minutes during rush hour and every 25 minutes during non-rush hour times; it's a 5 minute bus trip.
We're 2 blocks from 16th Street bus lines, including the very fast and reliable 16th Street Express and 4 blocks from the quick and easy cross-town bus to Friendship Heights/Chevy Chase.
Parking on our block is ample and does not require visitor parking permit nor do you have to move your car for street cleaning or rush hour traffic. Parking is a breeze on our block (a rarity in DC). You will always find spots either directly in front of our home or just a few doors away no matter what time of the day or night.
Beginning Spring 2014 we will offer complimentary airport/bus/train terminal pick-up/drop-off for guests arriving via DCA/Reagan Airport, DC's Union Station or local DC Metro train stations. If you would like DCA or Union Station transportation, please request at time of booking. We require 2 week minimum to arrange our schedules. However, if you are making a last minute reservation we will do all we can to try and accommodate you.
For guests arriving through BWI or Dulles/IAD Airports please email us for details. Driving directions, ground transportation options and public transportation information is in the itinerary and sent once you complete your reservation.
Takoma Metro and Old Town Takoma shopping/dining district are within walking/biking distance of our home. Also near by are Safeway, CVS, WalMart and small mom and pop markets and restaurants. Exclusive shopping like Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale's, MAC, Tiffany's and Lord & Taylor is just a couple miles to our west in Chevy Chase/Friendship Heights, only 15 minutes by crosstown bus or 30 minutes by train. Monday-Thursday mornings I'm available to offer guests rides to Chevy Chase/Friendship Heights.
We have public transportation info available in the guest room like MetroRail maps and MetroBus route schedules. Or download the Washington Metro app so that you can see bus and train arrivals in real time. Also, feel free to ask us the best way to get around. We've lived in DC for a long time and have always used public transportation so know the quickest and least complicated way to get from point A to B.
1) Is the bath shared? No. the guest bath is 100% private. Guests do *not* share the bath with others. This means additional privacy and comfort for you. While not en suite, the guest bath is located directly across from guest room. Please see our photos for details. Both the guest room and guest bath are on the second floor at the top of the stairwell. Please see photos.
2) What kind of bed is in the guest room? Traditional 'Real' bed with extra deep mattress. It's an American queen-size traditional pillow-topped mattress by Simmons. Model is Balthazar. It is firm yet extremely comfortable. We receive constant positive feedback from our guests on how comfortable the bed is and that they experience a sound restful sleep.
3) How many people are in the home? Two. Your hosts. We have our own bath in the master bed room. Unlike other Airbnb hosts we do not rent multiple bed rooms to multiple guests. When we host you are the only guests in our home. We believe this creates a safer and more peaceful atmosphere for our guest(s).
4) Is your home an apartment/condo? Is it a whole house rental?
As our homepage states, we're in a single-family home with ONE private guest room and ONE private guest bath. This is a SHARED house arrangement. Please note at the top left our homepage listing property description: House---Private Room.
This means you are renting a private guest room and private guest bath, with community (shared) areas. Our 1937 single family (detached) multi-level colonial-style house floor plan is typical for this region.
Shared spaces (dining room, living room, front porch) are on the first floor. Bed and bath rooms on the second floor with approximately 15 steps between 1st and 2nd floors. Both front and back yards are flat on street level. HOWEVER, they're 4 steps from street level to our front door. We use our third floor attic for storage only at this time - it is NOT a shared living space. Please see our photos for visuals. Several pixs illustrate the multi-level architecture of our home. (Please see photos.) Please click on Street View tab (Above photos) for exterior shots showing architectural style in our area.
Our first floor living and dining rooms are shared spaces, refrigerator and microwave and laundry room are all shared as well. Covered front porch, backyard and bbq are free for our guests to use at their leisure too. (Please see our photos.)
5) Are you downtown? No.
As previously mentioned, we are located in the upper north-west quadrant of Washington, DC 2 miles east of Chevy Chase, DC; 2 miles south of downtown Silver Spring, Maryland and 4 miles north of Dupont Circle.....this means we are "uptown." Please click on the Maps tab located just below our title and right above our photos. Use the + key to zoom in to our neighborhood. Or do an online search for Takoma, Washington, DC.
6) Do you have air-conditioning? Yes.
As our amenity list notes, we have installed a modern centralized ac/heat system. Our ac/heat system is new, very efficient and quiet. We gladly use it when it is hot and humid. If our guests prefer for us to leave it off, we're ok with that too. (There is also a ceiling fan in the guest room which you control yourself.)
7) What are "guest service fees"? Your hosts have no control over Airbnb guest service fees. We, as hosts, are also charged a service fee for every reservation booked through Airbnb. The following info was taken from Airbnb's Help Center:
Airbnb charges guests a 6-12% service fee every time a reservation is booked for the use of our online platform. This service fee is added to guest payments. It covers the cost of running the site and allows us to offer amazing 24/7 customer service. We also charge hosts a host service fee to cover the cost of processing payments.
The exact percentage for the guest service fee depends on the subtotal of the reservation. The higher the total, the lower the percentage so guests can save money when booking large reservations.
Both guest and host service fees are calculated from the reservation subtotal. The subtotal is the complete price of a reservation before service fees have been added and is calculated from the listing's pricing settings. If you have more questions about Airbnb service fees please contact Airbnb directly.
8) Do you provide breakfast? No. Included are snacks like Greek yogurt, fresh fruit, chocolate bars, granola bars, KIND bars, Clif bars, Lara bars, breakfast bars, nuts and occassionally baked goods like muffins or croissants. Beverages like French roast coffee, selection of tea, hot cocoa and Deer Park spring water are always available.
9) Do you have WiFi? Yes.
As our amenities list indicates, WiFi/Internet is included in the daily rate. Ours is enhanced high-speed FIOS-WiFi from Verizon: 50 Mbps down; 35 Mbps up. In fact, all utilities are included in the room rate. Click on "Amenities" to confirm what is included.
10) Are you near a metro (train) station? Yes.
We're a very easy (flat) 15 minute walk or a 5 minute bike from Takoma Metro Station (red line). HOWEVER, if you do not wish to walk/bike to or from the station, there are buses along 16th St which run 8 minutes during rush hour (AM & PM) and every 12-15 minutes during non-rush hours. To and from Takoma station to our corner (5 houses away) runs every 15 minutes during rush hour and every 25 minutes thereafter. Access to the yellow/green lines in 2 minutes from Takoma station. There are also taxis and Uber. Monday through Thursday mornings I can usually offer guests a lift to area metro stations (Silver Spring, Takoma, Friendship Heights or Columbia Heights). Capital Bike Share bikes are available at Takoma Station and 14th Street Heights. If you would like information about Capital Bike Share do an online search or inquire with us.
For more metro info go to wmata for Washington Metro Area Transit information. Also helpful is to download an app for Washington Metro train and bus real time arrivals/departures so you can plan your trips accordingly.
11) Do you have pets? Yes.
Just as our pictures show and homepage indicates, we have 2 friendly cats, Blackie and Rocket, who do NOT enter the guest room unless you invite them. We also have a double yellow-headed Amazon parrot named Ramon. He's a charming parrot with a sweet disposition. He's friendly and loves to dance. Please see our photos for pet pixs.
12) My family of 4 would like to stay at Guest Nest; is this possible? No.
Sorry we can *not* accommodate more than 2 guests at one time. As our homepage indicates, we have one guest room with one queen size bed which is appropriate for 1 to 2 guests. No exceptions. Please see photos for details.
13) My friend and I are travelling together; may we have 2 separate rooms/beds? Not usually.
As our homepage states and photos show, we do *not* rent multiple rooms. We offer 1 guest room with 1 bed which is suitable for 1 to 2 people. Please see our photos for details.
If you're staying with us for *less* than 1 week we can arrange to use our IKEA futon sofa in our living room. We have Japanese screens to make the room more private. With this arrangement, 1 person sleeps in guest room and 1in living room. If you prefer this set up, please request at the time of your reservation. Thanks.
14) Is there a curfew? No. We do *not* have a curfew. Come and go as you please.
15) Is it easy to park near your home? Yes - very! Parking is free, non-competitive and plentiful. You can always park on our block at any time of the day or night. If not directly in front of our home, just a few doors away. Our block offers stress-free parking.
16) Do you offer airport/train pick-up? Yes. Pick-up and drop-off is complimentary for DCA/Reagan, Union Station Washington, DC/Amtrak/MARC, downtown Silver Spring. For other airports and location please inquire.
17) Is there a refrigerator in the guest room? No. But we happily share our kitchen fridge with our guests.
18) Does the guest room have a closet? Yes with new velvet covered non-slip hangers, picnic basket, yoga mats, umbrellas, slippers, bath robes, extra bath towels and over-sized beach towels. These items are for our guests to use/borrow while we're hosting them.
19) Should I bring my own towels or bed linens? No. Not unless you would like to. We provide both bath and bed linens. All are 100% cotton, and some are organic cotton/bamboo. Extra bath towels are on top shelf in guest room closet.
20) Do you have a hair dryer? Yes. There is a new hair dryer in the guest bath room.
21) Do I have to bring my own soap-shampoo-conditioner? No. Not unless you want to. We always provide the essentials. We will always have EO or 365 liquid soap. At times we will have lavender soap from France. We also provide shampoo & conditioner which can be Garnier-Aveda-Loreal or other similar quality name brand. We usually have two brands of shampoo & conditioner for our guests. We also provide face cleansers (typically Burt's Bees, Aveeno or Garnier).
We do not always have the following personal care items available, but we try to have them on hand. Personal care products like disposable razors, shaving cream, shaving balm, Tom's Toothpaste, new tooth brushes, sunscreen and mosquito repellent.
If we do not have an item you require or you need a particular skin-hair-health care item CVS, Safeway and WalMart are all within a few blocks from our home. Target, Bloomingdale's, MAC, Neiman Marcus, Whole Foods and Lord & Taylor within 15 minutes by public transportation from our home. 2 Blue Mercury locations within 30 minutes by public transit. Monday-Thursday I can offer guests morning rides to upscale shopping/dining area of Chevy Chase/Friendship Heights. From Friendship Heights it's easy to travel to Bethesda Row dining and shopping (less than 3 minutes).
22) Can we use the kitchen for cooking? Our home is 75% renovated but our 1937 galley kitchen has not yet been updated (think "I Love Lucy" kitchen). However, guests may use it to prepare or cook meals. We share our electric kettle, electric coffee maker, press pot, microwave, convection oven, electric stove stop range, crock pot/slow cooker, electric griddle and outdoor charcoal bbq. BBQ supplies are free-of-charge. Guests are required to thoroughly clean up kitchen or outdoor area after after using the kitchen or bbq. Please note: no open flame cooking inside our home. Convection oven and all other appliances are electric.
23) Is there a washer & dryer? Yes. We share our washer & dryer and laundry detergent free-of-charge to guests for small to medium loads of clothing.
24) Do you, the host, provide for guest train/bus expenses? No.
Travel expenses are the sole responsibility of the guest. However we DO provide SmarTrip cards for guests to borrow. They're for use on both Washington Metro trains and buses (as well as Maryland and northern VA transit). SmarTrip cards give discounts on train/bus travel and free bus transfers. It is the guest's responsibility to "load" the SmarTrip card with money so that it can be used for train/bus travel.
We DO provide airport-train station-bus terminal pick-up/ drop-off with prior arrangements. And Mon-Thurs I can drop guests off at local metro station or downtown Silver Spring. DCA and Union Station arrival-departure transport and M-Th morning metro drop-offs are complimentary.
25) Is there a tv in the guest room? No. Most of our guests use our free wifi to watch tv/movies on their tablet or laptop. However, we have 1 very large hi-def flatscreen tv in our home. It's in our living room which is a shared space. Guests are welcomed to use this tv whenever they like. Guests may also dvr shows to watch at a later time.
26) Do you have a luggage scale? Yes we do! Just request it.
27) Do you have black out curtains? No we do not. However, personal eye masks are available. Please request *prior* to your arrival and they'll be in the guest room.
28) Is there a white noise machine? Yes. It's in the guest room. Choose from white noise, ambiant and nature sounds.
29) Is there an alarm clock? Yes there are two in the guest room. Digital on bookshelf or metal old school dual bell-topped on bed side table.
30) May I pay cash for the room when I arrive? No. All transactions for room rental are through Airbnb. This is for your safety and security as well as ours. Thank you.
31) Can you give me a discount? We offer a 10% discount to our past guests who've reviewed us. Also Airbnb hosts, with active accounts, who've hosted and reviewed 4 guests (or more) receive 10% off total room rate. Discounts are *not* applied to Airbnb service fees.
32) Do you offer monthly rentals? June through October we can sometimes accommodate guests for up to 30 nights. June-October monthly rate: $1375/month 1 guest. If you would like to be our guest for longer than 22-nights (or slightly longer than 1 month) please message us prior to making your reservation .
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Cheers!
|Room type:||Private room|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$12 / night after the first guest|
|Minimum Stay:||3 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$450 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$1375 /month|
|Check In:||4:00 PM|
|Check Out:||12:00 PM (noon)|
|Pet Owner:||Cat(s) and Other pet(s)|
We had a lovely experience with Larry and Paulette. Paulette picked us up at the airport AND left us off when it was time to leave. The breakfasts were varied, tasty and big! They supplied us with train cards and bus cards and many brochures which described the sights in D.C. Paulette drove us to our destinations when she could-what a hostess!! The neighborhood is clean and quiet We definitely would recommend the Ngs.
Larry and Paulette are very nice people, they are friendly and welcoming and helped me a lot in all things they could, everithing is comfortable and so nice in their place.
I think is the best option to stay in Washington DC and surrounding areas.
I enjoyed my stay with Paulette and Larry very much! They were friendly and welcoming, and have two very cute cats, who were also friendly. A few evenings I spent chatting with Paulette, and one morning when I had to go downtown, Paulette offered me a ride, since she was going in the same direction. So nice!
The room was also nice. It was simply decorated and the bed was comfortable. They even had a white noise machine, which is a plus because I use one all the time and find it difficult to sleep without it.
By the end of my stay, I felt like I was staying with friends.
I had an excellent experience staying with Larry and Paulette! They are both very welcoming, accommodating, and ready to help with anything they could. Their house is very warm and welcoming as well as being an easy distance from major bus routes. I would certainly recommend a stay here!
I had a great stay with Larry and Paulette for 10 days. It was my first airbnb stay, but I think it will be difficult to find hosts like them again. I left early and came home late, and it was never a problem. The bathroom was stocked with anything you could need, there were snacks and water in the room, and high speed wifi.
The house is really nice - a big front porch, interesting decorations, and shady trees on a nice safe street with easy access to a frequently running bus that took me straight downtown. The metro is a bit of a longer walk, but the bus worked great.
On top of that, they are really just outstanding people - they would take care of you in whatever you would need, or they would give you all the privacy you would want. I can't really imagine better hosts. If you want to stay a little outside the tourist district of the city, stay here.
I had a wonderful stay with Paulette and Larry. Paulette and Larry are very friendly and welcoming. They live in a nice and quiet neighborhood. The room and bathroom are very clean with all possible amenities. Breakfasts were great, with Paulette making sure there was a rich choice of bread, cereals etc. I highly recommend this airbnb place to stay.
We had a wonderful time in DC staying with Larry and Paulette. They went above and beyond the call in making us feel welcome, and making sure we had what we needed for our touring of the area. They were very easy and fun to talk to.
Larry and Paulette were more than accommodating. They have plenty of information if you are in the DC area for the night or the week. Nice people and would stay with them again.
Paulette and Larry are truly exceptional people. They are very friendly and welcoming. We had a wonderful stay at their place. They made sure that everything is perfect. The room and bathroom are very clean and confortable. We had delicious breakfasts. We had the opportunity to dine with Paulette and Larry, we had wonderful diner! They put at our disposal bikes which allowed us to really explore the city, in a nice way and to save money. We highly recommend this 5 star airbnb place to stay.
It was a very pleasant stay. Paulette and Larry are really nice people and are more than happy to share their advice and suggestions about things to do in DC/how to get your destinations.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT