About this listing
Mon - Thur night $325/night YEAR ROUND
Fri - Sun $325/night Dec – Feb
Fri - Sun $400/night Mar - May
Fri - Sun $450/night Jun - Aug
Fri - Sun $350/night September
Fri - Sun $400/night Oct – Nov
Holidays/SXSW/ACL & 3 day weekends = $450 and 3 night min stay F1=$550/night 3 night min.
Monthly and Weekly Rate discounts are available. Email for quotes.
Perched on a hill overlooking Lake Travis in the Texas Hill Country, this jewel of a house manages to be simultaneously off the beaten-path and at the center of things. As you approach, you'll wind over tree-covered hillsides which drop to the midnight-blue water below, and you’ll get more the impression that you are in the Greek Islands or southern Italy than in Texas.
Arriving at the base of the hill upon which the house is situated, park your car, climb into the waiting tramcar—as the name suggests, the Tram House can only be reached by tram—and press the start button. For a minute and a half, your horizon will expand as the tram carries you 210 feet up the 55 degree hillside to the Tram House with its panoramic views of Lake Travis and the Texas sky. The Tram House is built in harmony with nature—it skates in perfect alignment along the slope of the hill, and standing 30 feet high in all areas, maintains ‘treetop’ height. The only house east of the Rocky Mountains that requires a tram to access, this one-of-a-kind architectural gem has been featured in Austin Monthly and Parade magazines, among others.
Allowing unobstructed views of Lake Travis with its soaring sailboats, Mansfield Dam and Hudson Bend, the Tram House boasts three private balconies, custom-designed skylights, and corner windows in the living room and bedrooms. The three-level, contemporary-style home is comfortably furnished with all new décor. And while there are two bedrooms, each with a king-size bed, and two-and-a half bathrooms, the house comfortably sleeps four to six people.
With its unparalleled views, exclusive location, modern comfort and competitive rates, neighbors and visitors alike rave about the unique Tram House. Come and see for yourself! Contact us for more information about this exceptional lake destination.
Features and Amenities
In addition to the houses cutting-edge architectural features and comfortable amenities, the Tram House has been complimented many times for being so well-stocked. In other words, the owners provide soap, paper towels, bath towels, toilet paper, hand towels, shampoo and conditioner, plates, glasses, pillows, sheets, and many other things that most vacation rentals do not provide. If you have any questions about what to bring, be sure to give the owners a quick call or email.
central air conditioning, ceiling fans, filtered water, linens and towels, off-street parking (parking for a small boat or small RV in a gravel lot across the street from the house), wood burning fireplace, comfy seating for five in living room, seating for five in dining area, tram (the only house east of the Rocky Mountains to require a tram to access the house)
two bedrooms (both master suites with king size beds), two high-end bathrooms (jetted tub, open shower tiled with actual stones; featured in more than three trade magazines.), one half bath, comfortably sleeps four to six
full kitchen, cooking utensils, refrigerator/freezer, oven/stove, dishwasher, microwave, blender, ice maker, coffee maker, toaster, washing machine/dryer, catering available
cable/satellite TV, DVD player, stereo system with CD player, games, videogame console and games, radio
Wi-Fi (wireless Internet)
three balcony decks with unique views, gas/electric BBQ grill, four deck chairs
lake view (one of the best views of Lake Travis in the Main Basin area; featured in more than three magazines for the view)
Mon - Thur night $275/night YEAR ROUND
Fri - Sun $275/night Jan – Feb
Fri - Sun $325/night Mar - May
Fri - Sun $400/night Jun - Sep
Fri - Sun $350/night Oct – Dec
Holidays/SXSW/ACL & 3 day weekends = $400 and 3 night min stay F1=$1000/night 3 night min.
Monthly and Weekly Rate discounts are available. Email for quotes.
Monthly Rates available. Email for quotes.
10lb limit on dogs
Guests have access to the whole house
Interaction with Guests
I'm available via phone 24/7 for problems or even just to find out where to eat. (Although, you might prefer to just load up at the grocery store and stay at the house)
Other Things to Note
Looking a unique addition to your stay. We can help you find a Chef, a Masseuse, a Jet-Ski/Boat Rental, or anything else you'd like to add to your trip.
For a Cajun Private Chef, contact Chef Mike with NOLA Kitchen. He will come out to the house and prepare a customized meal just for you. Chef Mike is from New Orleans and specializes in Cajun/Creole cuisine, but can prepare just about anything you may desire. He can be reached at 751. 7957 or mike at nolakitchen. com. All Austin Area Codes are 512
For a Spa Day at the Tram House, contact Tanya Procer. She is an excellent masseuse who also offers Spa treatments such as hot rocks, facials, foot massages and more. 797. 6533. All Austin Area Codes are 512
For Jet Ski / Boat Rentals, contact "Just for Fun" boat rentals at 266. 9710. They are located about 20 mins away, on the other side of the lake. Here is their addr. 5973 Hiline Rd, Austin, TX 78734. All Austin Area Codes are 512
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 3pmCST AND CHECK-OUT IS 1pmCST.
NO Early Check-in or late check-out without additional fee.
2. This is a NON SMOKING home. Smoking is allowed on the decks. Please properly dispose of butts in the bowls provided.
3. Pets are not permitted in rental units under any conditions.
4. DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT- A damage/reservation deposit equal to “1 night’s rental” is required. This must be received within fourteen(14) days of booking the reservation. The deposit automatically converts to a security/damage deposit upon arrival. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within fourteen(14) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met.
a. No damage is done to unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets, or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. All debris, rubbish, and discards are placed in trash cans, and soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned. One load of laundry is started for towels and or sheets.
d. All keys are returned to the place where you found them and the house is left locked.
e. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
f. No linens are lost or damaged.
g. NO Early check-in or late check-out.
h. The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner), or the local law enforcement.
5. PAYMENT – An advance payment equal to 100% of the rental rate is required 14 days before arrival. The advance payment will be applied toward the rental. Please make payments in the form of traveler's checks, bank money orders, cashier’s checks or personal checks payable to the Tram House. The advance payment is a security deposit to hold you dates and will be returned to you within fourteen(14) days of your departure should you abide by all the agreements in this contract.
6. CANCELLATIONS – A fourteen (14) day notice is required for cancellation. Cancellations that are made more than fourteen (14) days prior to the arrival date will incur no penalty. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay, that are made within fourteen(14) days of the arrival date, forfeit the full advance payment and damage/reservation deposit. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
7. Weekly Renters: Weekly cancelations must be made within 30 days of the arrival date for a full refund.
8. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY The maximum number of guests is limited to six (6) persons. An additional charge or $25.00 per person per night for guests in addition to six (6) will be assessed. THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A TWO (2) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY.(Holiday weekends require a THREE(3) night minimum stay.)
9. If a rental is taken for less than two days, the guest will be charged the two-night rate.
10. INCLUSIVE FEES – Rates include a one-time linen-towel setup. Amenity fees are included in the rental rate.
11. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate however is available at an additional rate. We suggest you bring beach towels if you will be going to the lake. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the home.
12. RATE CHANGES – Rates subject to change without notice.
13. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
14. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
15. PARKING – Parking is recommended across the street from the house in the rock parking area. Straight in parking is required as our neighbors will be using this area as well. Parking in the driveway is not recommended and doing so is done at your own risk. The driveway is at a 55 degree angle and is difficult to back out of without practice.
16. HURRICANE OR STORM POLICY – No refunds will be given unless:
a. The National Weather Service orders mandatory evacuations in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning area" and/or
b. A "mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning" area of residence of a vacationing guest. The day that the National Weather Service orders a mandatory evacuation order in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning," area, we will refund:
1. Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered,
2. Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten their stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted; and
3. Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Hurricane Warning" period.
About the Host, Keith
Keith Powell, CFP®,CDFA™ I help women with the financial issues pertaining to a divorce or loss of a spouse. If you know a woman who is recently on her own, financially. (CDFA™ stands for Certified Divorce Financial Analyst)