About this listing
Meka Sari Beach Inn is a family run guesthouse that is located less than a 2 minute walk to the beach. The rooms are new, clean and very affordable with flat screen tv's, AC, hot water private bathroom, private porch and daily tea and coffee provided.
During your stay you can expect a quiet little retreat nestled in a small lane while still being a few minutes walk to all the great nightlife Legian has to offer.
Legian is located between the busy nightlife of Kuta and the trendy area of Seminyak. Legian is vibrant and colourful, it's great for many leisure activities, laid back and just a short walk from the most popular surfing white, sandy beach.
It is perfect for soaking up the sun on golden sands among the many characters of Legian beach. Legian is the centre for shopping, there are bargains on each corner of the streets.. you just have to learn some good bartering! After a long day you can unwind in the many bars and restaurants that offer quality, international food or head to a small local warung for fresh, very cheap Bali and Indonesian cuisine.
It is 3km from the airport. Taxi transport is available from the airport for appoximately $8 USD.
The room was clean and tidy & the aircon worked great. The location was perfect, 5 mins walk to the beach and easy access to the markets.
The attendants didn't speak very much English but were nice and helpful. Recommended
We stayed at Meka Sari for two nights. Overall it was a nice place. Difficult to find, maybe a more detailed map would be helpful. Clean and air conditioned. As mentioned, there is no WiFi. Good location - About a 5-10 minute walk from the beach and from Legian St.
Hosts were friendly enough, although their English was very difficult to understand.
Breakfast was a banana sandwich... It would be nice if they had anything else such as eggs. There is a sharp cactus which leans towards the pathway, cutting me and my sister on occasion. Who decided to put that there?
Nous sommes arrivés à Meka sari, la chambre était sale, de la poussière partout, des toiles d'araignée, les draps étaient tachés, dans la salle de bain il y avait des crottes de souris partout par terre. Nous avons donc demandé à faire nettoyer la chambre mais ils ont préférés nous faire changer pour la chambre d'a coté, la même chose ici...
Hallo ihr Lieben,
die Location ist eine Wohlfühloasa im Herzen von Kuta Beach.
Der Strand ist nur 5 Min. Fußweg vom Strand entfernt.
Für Surfer gibt es direkt beim Nachbar gegen über Boards für eine kleine Tagesgebühr (50000rp = 3,00€) zu mieten.
Die Gastgeber sind super gastfreundlich und herzlich.
Das Frühstück ist super lecker und den ganzen Tag über steht eine Kanne mit frischem Tee zum genießen bereit.
Bei Fragen oder kleinen Problemchen wird immer gern geholfen.
Durch die zentrale Lage, ist man sofort mitten im Geschehen.
Trotzt der zentralen Lage, ist es Paradiesisch und Ruhig.
Jeden Tag wurden mir kleine Opfergaben, nach balinesischer Tradition vor meiner Unterkunft gelegt, die mich vor Bösem schützen und mir Glück sollen.
Ich kann Meka Sari aus voller Überzeugung weiter empfehlen.
Danke für die schöne Zeit!
Freue mich schon nächstes Jahr wieder zu kommen.
Liebe Grüße aus Deutschland
Our experience with this stay was complicated:
1. it is new and clean
2. quite and far from traffic
3. easy to access to beach, restaurants and shops.
4. with motor about 15minutes could reach Kuta
1. It is not easy to find, we arrived the described place and after several phones wtih Stephan, we finally be lead by one guy (sent by Stephan) to the house.
2. The staffs were kind but not easy to communicate: only one guy who speaks just enough English. Soon after we arrived, we asked to rent the motor early morning the second day (we had appointment at 9,30 at Kuta), our motor didnot arrive until 9.00 and the guy forgot the helmet, so we arrived our appointment almost 10,30.
3. Before we booked the house, we had asked for airport sending service and we were quoted by Stephen at 100.000 IDR. The second day when we asked the staff, we were informed we had to contact Stephen. Luckly Stephen was great and within some hours he helped us to arrange this trip, our appointment was 4,15 we wait outside the yard. At about 3,30 our room was knocked by one guy said he was assigned to send us to the airport and we had only 10 minutes to go.. At the airport, when we paid we were asked to pay 150,000 IDR, we had tried to show him the mail from Stephen but we were informed that due to booking from Meka Sari Beach Inn, the rate should be 150,000IDR??? Due to the driver's poor english, we paid as he asked but we were not happy about this accident.
4. Before we leaf the house, we were blocked by one man asking us to pay for room, we explained him that we had paid to Stephen, after some minutes discussion (through driver who didnot speak well english), he checked with the staff who was still sleeping and let us left.
5. There was no wi-fi as said.
Room was centrally located. Location is definitely the best thing about this spot! The room was clean, pretty basic but definitely worth the price. Staff was very nice and helpful, he helped us get our bigger motorbikes for our around Bali roadtrip! Would love to come back here again!
This host has 180 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Steve
I'm from Perth, Western Australia. I currently live In Perth and work as a consultant in trying to find and offer the best accommodation to suit your needs. We want to support and promote local Bali homestays and business and try to give a meaningful, enjoyable and easy experience for all our guests.
I love surfing, cooking and local Indonesian food. I visit Bali often so hopefully I get to meet you!