About This Listing
while the guest room is meant for a couple [2 adults] ; the study can be used for an additional 3rd guest if they have their own sleeping bags on a pro rata basis [per person].
the study is much smaller at about half the size of the pg room with a/c
PRIVATE ROOM ONLY! [to rent the entire apt is triple the single room rate given here for all 3 bedrooms since the owner resides at this location]
deonar is 1km to the east of chembur and
1km south of govandi which is also the nearest train station
this 3 bedroom apt is 1,855 sq feet 'super built up' which is almost 1,290 sq ft of 'carpet area'
the avg size of mumbai apts is about 400-500 sq ft / bedroom for super built up so this would be above avg space
full service ROOM:
* single AC bedroom with attached bath only
* shared living/dining/kitchen
* TV & DVD [airtel dth]
* just 10 miles from domestic airport [BOM]
* about US$9-10 cab fare in a metered AC taxi [each way] so don't get ripped off!
only AC cabs with electronic meters can provide printed receipts [all others may only give hand written ones if at all]
very limited guest parking [only about a dozen slots for almost 240 apts], 24 hour watchmen, 4 buildings of 18 floors each in the complex.
diesel generators for elevators and stairwell lights in case of power outage [very rare].
queen size bed, 32" plasma, dvd player, attached bathroom, water heater, glass partioned shower area, window AC.
* midway between navi mumbai [vashi] and central bombay [parel].
* auto rickshaws are available at the gate but taxi's will take 5-10 min longer to find.
* you can request any guard to get one for you anytime from the gate or lobby.
* book an AC cab if your trip is more than 5-6 km over the phone but they need almost 1 hour notice [meru, mega, easy, and tab cabs] - rs. 17/km = $0.50/mile approx
most AC car rentals in india are priced in 2 ways:
4 hours / 40 km for around US$20 - 30
[hatchbacks are cheaper, cramped, uncomfortable, and less safe than larger cars]
8 hrs / 80 km for $35-45 [depending on the car]
additional charges apply for each hour and km beyond that limit
the time and distance starts from when the vehicle leaves the garage
[not from when you get in] so your NET usable part might be around 7 hrs / 70 km or less in many cases
4-5 min to the highway [S-T road] - 150 yards.
5 year old building.
daily maid service
[meals are not included for stays under a week and are chargeable]:
* (phone number hidden)am for cleaning / snacks
* 12 - 1pm for lunch [monthly stays]
* 7 - 8pm dinner [bi-monthly stays]
approx travel times by taxi from acropolis [(website hidden) maps]:
* 5-6 min to TISS [tata institute] - 1+ miles
* 9-10 min to RK studios [chembur] - 2 miles
* 10-15 min to BARC - 3 miles
* 15-20 min to vashi [inorbit mall] - 9 miles
* 30-35 min to parel [itc hotel]
* 35-45 min to new financial district [bkc]
* over 1 hour to downtown 'old' business district [south of worli]: approx 65 - 75 min
* 45-55 min to domestic airport [via bkc]
* 1+ hour to international terminal [65-70 min]
to avoid high international roaming charges you have the following options:
a] apply for a prepaid SIM card with your photo, and passport as id and address proof and wait for approval since it takes longer for foreigners
this only works if you have an unlocked gsm handset that's dual or tri-band
b] use my postpaid vodafone SIM without any paperwork / waiting time but its more expensive to rent out
c] use my driver's prepaid cdma handset [if you don't have a spare phone] but it looks really ugly and old [monochrome screen, no camera, etc]
this has free unlimited incoming minutes which is perfect for getting int'l calls [just like a landline]
'Govandi (East), with PIN Code 400088, has good infrastructure, with close connectivity to the Sion-Trombay Highway, on the eastern side. Deonar Village is home to the Deonar Telecom Exchange, adjacent to Sion-Trombay road.
The Telecom Factory Road, leading to Deonar Village, is home to housing complexes such as Neelkanth Gardens, Orchid CHS , Trimurti C.H. S., Raheja Acropolis, Dutt Guru CHS, Banganga CHS, Patwardhan Colony and Jeevan Mahal.
The International Institute of Population Sciences, TISS, and Shah & Anchor Polytechnics are also located in the vicinity. The lush green belt also has many corporate houses such as Spanco BPO, Dukes (PepsiCo), Lakme, and USV Ltd.'
shared living, dining, kitchen
private bed & bath
Interaction with Guests
host will be present during guest stay
use taxi4sure free app or
ola luxury cabs can be booked using the android or ios apps on your smartphone
save rs. 200 on your next booking of ola luxury cabs with the code TEW2R9
we have got honda crv and toyota fortuner from them,
ideal for airport dropoffs
Other Things to Note
self service meals [microwaveable] when daily maids are not present
basic breakfast - eggs, toasts, tea, coffee $1/person (phone number hidden)am only]
seasonal fresh fruits $1 extra [anytime]
veg meals = $2/guest
non-veg = $4/head [chicken or lamb]
continental = $8pp [pizza or pasta]
for security reasons, duplicate apt keys will not be provided until payment is credited for stays of over a week [guest room keys will be provided instead to secure your belongings].
early checkin [3pm] and late checkout [10am] permitted on weekends.
lawn & playground timings from dawn to dusk [6am - 7pm approx]
pool times 9am - 6pm [depending on lifeguard]
gym times 8am - 8pm [reconfirm all timings at society office located in basement parking]
no pets allowed.
no beef inside the complex.
top 4 amenities listed below [#1-4] are waived off for stays over a week:
1. prepaid satellite tv is US$1/night [dth]
2. wifi is $2/night additional [limited to 1gb / week]
3. pool or gym for visitors is about $10-20/person weekly [subject to change by the housing society]
4. android [ics] handset rental is $10/night or
$50/week or $100/month;
with $75 deposit [4", dual sim, 5mp cam]
#5 is waived off for stays over a month [4 weeks or more]:
5. laundry charges $1 / item for wash, dry, iron and fold
6. nexus7 rental is $10/night with $100 refundable deposit
7. dell laptop rental is $15/night with $150 deposit [vostro]
8. samsung gsm handset rental is $5/night
or $30/week or $90/month;
with $50 deposit [corby txt, 2mp cam]
9. chauffered AC car is $5/hour and $1/mile [mon - fri only] 9am - 7pm
$4 / hour for weekly stays
$3 / hr for monthly
$2 / hr for bi-monthly
$1 / hr for quarterly or longer stays
no individual receipts possible for amenities / incidentals
however you are free to email any bill format to me for printing and signing
in case you need it for taxes / reimbursements etc.
discounted rates for stays over a month are as follows [prepaid only]:
bi-monthly = $3,500 [2 months]
quarterly = $5,000 [3 months]
semi-annual = $9,000 [6 months]
annual = $15,000 [12 months]
No Reviews Yet
Stay here and you could give this host their first review!
About the Host, H.V.N.
I can speak english and hindi.
I have a room in Deonar which is in eastern Mumbai [between Chembur and Govandi].
I liked the collage feature in Picasa in case you could not tell from the dozens of photos uploaded here!
limited guest parking [only about a dozen slots for almost 240 apts], 24 hour watchmen, 4 buildings of 18 floors each in the complex diesel gen. for elevators and stairwell in case of outageMH
* 30-35 min to parel [itc] * 35-45 min to new financial district [bkc] * over 1 hour to downtown old business district [south of worli]: approx 65 - 75 min * 45-55 min domestic airport [via bkc]Deonar Village Rd Mumbai Maharashtra
travel times by taxi [g**gle maps]: * 5-6 min to TISS [tata institute] - 1 mile * 9-10 min to RK studios [chembur] - 2 mile * 10-15 min to BARC - 3 mile * 15-20 min to vashi [inorbit mall] - 9 miMH
midway between navi mumbai [vashi] and central bombay [parel] book AC cab if trip is 5-6 km over phone but they need almost 1 hr notice [meru, mega, easy, and tab cabs] - rs. 17/km = $0.50/mileMumbai MH 400088
deonar is 1km to the east of chembur and 1km south of govandi which is also the nearest train st. * just 10 miles from domestic airport [BOM] * US$9-10 cab fare in a metered AC taxiDeonar Village Rd Mumbai Maharashtra