The 'Ohana House is a cozy, private apartment, perfect for a couple. It comes complete with full bath, laundry, kitchen, internet, and TV. The 'Ohana House is located on a quiet country road a mile from downtown Nevada City. Come visit!
The 'Ohana House is nestled in a cozy hollow, yet gets plenty of sun. The space is modern, clean and fresh, with a cute kitchen and small dining area, a desk/office area, sitting area, bedroom area, and bath with a custom tile shower. There is a European washer/dryer in the unit, and a small outdoor breakfast area that overlooks that back yard.
The 'Ohana House is conveniently located to many of Nevada City's attractions:
-1 mile walk to town, where you'll find great restaurants, shopping, music, and theater.
- 10 minute walk to a local convenience market to pick up a paper, snacks, beer, wine, etc.
-Across the street from an access point to the Hirshman Trail
- Short 4 mile drive to the Yuba River (49 Crossing)
- Short 3 mile drive to the trailhead of the Independence Trail.
- 53 mile drive to Truckee/Sierra ski hills
Interaction with Guests
I like to be on hand to greet each guest when they arrive, as the 'Ohana House is a separate structure a few hundred feet away from the main house. I appreciate the opportunity to chat briefly, give you a tour of features of the 'Ohana House, and answer any questions. After you settle in, it's likely you won't see me at all, unless we meet in passing. However, great conversation with travelers is always appreciated. :)
The 'Ohana House is a half hour walk from town, with access to the nearby Hirshman Trail just out the front door. You will wake up to the sounds of the birds in the trees and the horses pastured across the road.
There is a single parking stall at the 'Ohana House. If additional parking is needed, be sure to ask, and we'll make space.
Other Things to Note
The 'Ohana House is up a flight of stairs, and may not be a good fit for people with accessibility issues. The 'Ohana House is perfect for two people, more than that would not be comfortable. While we love children, this is not the best place for them,. Infants are welcome - a portable crib is available if needed.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The ‘Ohana House and surrounding area is a NON-SMOKING property. Guests and visitors will not smoke in the studio, on or near the property. In addition, NO BURNING CANDLES of any kind are permitted.
2, Pets are permitted only with prior approval. $50 per pet fee applies. Pets must be leashed at all times. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up of any/all pet refuse. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees. Pets must be up to date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Heartworm preventive is highly recommended. All pets are to be treated with Advantage or similar topical flea and tick repellent prior to arrival. All items above are the sole responsibility of the pet owner. The owners assume no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises. Cats are not permitted.
3. Occupancy is not to exceed two (2) persons.
4. Parking – Cars are to be parked in the designated parking area adjacent to the ‘Ohana House only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked car is subject to towing and applicable fines/towing fees.
5. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit ‘Ohana towels or linens to be taken from the studio.
6. Housekeeping – Linen laundry service is included. If staying longer than one week, please deposit towels and bed linens at the main house for weekly laundry. Extra linens are provided in the ‘Ohana House. Prior to vacating the studio, all trash and recyclables must be removed, dishes and cookware must be cleaned, and reposition any moved furniture. Please leave bed linens on the bed and towels in the bathroom area when you check out.
7. Cancellations - Cancellations that are made more than thirty (30) days prior to the arrival date will incur a 10% charge based on the Total Due (deposit + rental rate) or $50 (whichever is greater). Cancellations that are made less than 30 days of the arrival date, forfeit the security/reservation deposit unless the studio is re-booked. If you cancel our reservation after it has been confirmed, the Owner will make every attempt to re-book your reservation. If the reservation is re-booked at the same rate, you will be refunded 100% of the total funds paid. If the reservation cannot be rebooked, the security deposit will be forfeited. Early departure does not warrant any refund of rent.
8. Storm Policy/Road Conditions – Nevada City can experience severe weather and power is occasionally interrupted. Refunds will be given due to storm conditions under the following conditions only: In the event that power is interrupted for more than 12 hours, we will refund a daily equivalent based on the overall rent paid for every 24 hour period that the power may be off. Roads are well maintained, however we highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during winter. We do not refund due to road conditions.
9. Damages - 'Ohana House guests shall be responsible for all damage, breakage and /or loss to the premises, except normal wear and tear and unavoidable casualties which may result from Occupancy. All pipes, wires, glass, plumbing, household contents, etc., other equipment and fixtures should be in the same condition as at the beginning of your stay. The property will be left in the same good and habitable condition. Please report any damages or notable conditions found upon arrival to the Owners as soon as possible. The property will be inspected prior to your arrival and when you depart. Otherwise, guests agree that repair costs for any damages may be posted to their credit card, or, if paying by check or money order, will promptly submit the moneys due for full cost of replacement/repair.
10. Any drug use on the property, or any disturbance, annoyance, endangerment or inconvenience of the neighbors will immediately terminate this occupancy and Rental Agreement.
11. Owner shall not be liable to Tenant, Tenant’s guests, licenses or invitees or any other person for any injury, loss or damage to any person or property on or about the premises. Tenant shall hold Owner harmless and indemnified from and against all loss, injury or damage occasioned by the use or misuse or abuse of any part of the premises, parking lot, or community and from or against any omission, neglect, or default of Tenant, his guests, licensees or invitees.
The Ohana was wonderful. Perfect little getaway for the Film Festival Weekend. First time I used Air B&B and it was a perfect experience. Amy was super nice andv ery responsive. Place its great, appreciated all the little extras even getting me a guide to the festival. Was a great location-close to town-five minute drive. Really enjoyed having breakfast and coffee in the morning in the trees-so much better than a hotel. Hope to book again for festival next year! Thanks Amy!
Our stay at The Ohana house was very peaceful and quiet. Amy was a great host with lots of ideas and information about the area. From the very start she was open, easy and prompt on all communications. I would love to come and stay again in the summer when it is a little warmer!!
This was the most perfect experience for our first airbnb visit to Nevada City. Everything was just as promised and more. A beautiful, quiet setting just minutes from town. Amy was very helpful with tips on getting the most out of our stay and we will certainly look her up again on our next trip to the area.
We were very happy with our accommodation.
Amy was an excellent host and made us feel immediately at home. Amy also gave us a lot of privacy. The facility was very well put together, clean and spacious.
We were approximatly five to ten minutes car ride from downtown Nevada City. We would highly recommend the facility.
It was very clean and new. Amy showed us her property and was proud of it. I would stay there again.
Amy was great, she kept in contact with us as needed. After she showed us the studio we were left, to our own devices which was fine. The studio was clean and just a 10 minute walk to the center of Nevada City. All in all a great location. If we are in the area again we will be back.
We were so comfortable and happy at the Ohana House. We would love to stay there again!
I am an architect and a writer. I have a day job as a librarian. I am working on writing a novel, raising two (marginally) respectful and (completely) magical girls, and keeping the peace in a busy house. When ever I can, I get out in the trees and walk slowly and sip the mountain air like dark coffee. No cream. After spending over thirty winters in northern Minnesota and North Dakota, I can't get enough of the beautiful California weather, whatever it is on any given day.