About This Listing
Szhnn's Vacation Apartment is centrally located in a residential (website hidden).Kinabalu Queen Room is a double room attached with own toilet.
If you are looking for a budget and clean stay, you are looking at the correct one!
We ensure Cozy,Clean and Comfortable Stay!
The property is a 5-minute drive to One Borneo Hypermall.
Also a 5-minute drive away is University Malaysia Sabah. It takes 15 minutes by car to travel to the city of Kota Kinabalu and Rumah Terbalik (Upside Down House). Kota Kinabalu International Airport is a 20-minute drive from Szhnn's Homestay.
Common facilities for use by guests in the apartment include a flat-screen TV, dining hall and kitchen with stove and refrigerator. Ironing facilities are also available.
During their stay, guests have access to swimming pool a fitness centre and younger guests can also visit the children’s playground.
Interaction with Guests
Let's Explore Land Below the Wind like how we as a Local explore.!!
Public transport is not easily accessible in Kota Kinabalu. We would recommend car rental or motorbike rental for the period of stay.
Other Things to Note
Please be note that, our premises is not located in the city area. We only have supermarket and restaurant opposite the main road which is in a walking distance. Guest is highly recommended to have their own transport.
**** ALL GUEST SHARED LIVING,DINING ROOM,AND KITCHEN****
1. Smoking is NOT allowed OR Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Pets are NOT allowed. OR PETS are permitted only with prior approval.
Option A: PARKING PASSES – Parking passes are located inside the unit. Renters must display parking pass on the rear view mirror at all times. Failure to display may result in towing of vehicle at renter's expense. Leave the parking passes inside the unit upon departure.
Option B: PARKING – Parking is limited to 1 vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
9. [Fireplace: The fireplace is a non-vented propane gas log fired firebox. Please do not throw any paper or other combustible materials in the fireplace.]
11. [Water and Septic: The [cabin/property] is on a well and septic systems. The mineral content in the water is high. During a drought, the well water may have an odor. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to RM500.]
12. Cleaning and Departure - the property should be left in a SIMILAR state to its condition on arrival.
13. We allow for a minimum amount of cleaning for each stay but ANY excess cleaning and/or damages will be billed back to the guest.
14. Please remember to:
(i) Bag and remove all rubbish to the outside bins
(ii) Clean dishes and pack away
(iii) Empty and wipe out fridge
Precilla was a one-of-a-kind host. Even before we officially booked her rooms, she was already very generous in entertaining our questions--questions we had not only about her place, but also about Kota Kinabalu in general. When we asked for assistance, she readily tied us up with an agency we ultimately hired to do several of our tours there. She even volunteered to settle the payment to the agency ahead of time in order to confirm our tour booking, and only asked us to pay her upon our arrival. Now if that alone wasn’t gracious and hospitable, I wonder what would be! In fact, without her help, we wouldn’t have been able to do 80% of what we were able to during our stay in KK. It was just sad that Precilla had work during our stay there so we only got to see her on the day we left. Nevertheless, we still felt well taken care of.
Precilla’s place, moreover, was a clean, compact and complete one; homey too! The photos show them just as they are. Toiletries, utensils, magazines and whatnot were provided and we were free to use the kitchen as we pleased. A folder we found which contained the house rules was actually a hidden treasure too because it also contained additional reference on the best places to go in KK, the list of local food to try, delivery numbers to remember, and many more. What we especially found endearing in her place was the space she set for a frame to hang photos of her guests on, a map to pin the countries her guests are from, and a guestbook to recount her guests’ experiences in her place. If you were a guest, you would definitely wish to see yourself on that frame and leave your piece in that book.
The only disadvantage I could think of was the place’s location (but only if majority of what you plan to do in Kota Kinabalu is within the city centre). The apartment is quite some way from the centre, and after 8:00 in the evening (the last trip of the bus service to the area), you'd have no choice but to take a quite expensive taxi ride back to the place. Good thing though was that Precilla was also able to hook us up with a private driver (Jennifer) whom we could contact to drive us around at a similar if not lower rate.
All in all, I can only say that Precilla is the ultimate host. With her, we couldn’t ask for anything more. We’d love to be back again soon.
The reservation was canceled 12 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
This host has 18 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Precilla
Let me introduce myself. My name is Precilla. I am a Chinese born in Kota Kinabalu. My grandparents are originally from China. Both me and my boyfriend love travel and we like to know more about local lifestyles in each country. I personally love yoga a lot.
Host by local is the best experience we could ever have when we go for either a vacation or travel. My boy friend and I bought this little apartment few years back, and we were wandering it will be great if we can host guests from all around the world , we can get to know a lot of friends with different background. So we decided to start hosting by Airbnb.
When we travel, destination is never a things, is only a new way of seeing a brand new place. We don't mind to stay a bit far as long as the place make us feel welcome and clean. So we are doing the same things to our guest here in Kota Kinabalu.
We try our very best to make sure each of you feel welcome and comfortable during your stay with us. We are unable to give you a 5 stars surrounding but we are working hard to give you a 5 stars services.