The house consists of 4 bedrooms, 2 with private bath and 2 with shared bath.
Lavinia, double bedroom, red, private or shared bathroom with double shower, air conditioning, TV, DVD player, cot on request, free wirless internet, change linen, cleaning and tidying, kitchen.
The room can accommodate three people (3 ° bed added for a fee, can have a double bed and 1 single bed or 3 single beds).
Lavinia, only daughter of King Latinus and Queen Amata, will be the second wife of Aeneas. The fall of Troy by the Greeks is the cause of the exodus of the Trojans for the Mediterranean. The group leds by Aeneas lands on the coast of Lazio coming into contact with the indigenous peoples of Latin. To cement the union of two people the same Aeneas takes as his bride Lavinia. From their marriage be born the new breed of Latin Trojan and a new city founded by Aeneas himself, Lavinium.
The bed and breakfast "a Casa di Virgilio" borns from the desire to offer hospitality in the former home of "Grandpa Virgilio" by creating a warm and welcoming environment that offers the comfort of your own home and be spoiled by an excellent and substantial breakfast, offering consulting books and guides of Florence that will help you discover this beautiful city. The house is furnished with taste and color, ceilings and high windows create a sense of freedom and light, ancient floors to bring the distant past in which life goes slowly by the thick walls provide a natural cool summer so, usually, it’s not even necessary for air-conditioning that is however present.
The bed and breakfast is located in Rifredi, 10 minutes from the airport, near the train station SMN-FI, the Fortezza da Basso is within walking distance, the old town in 5 minutes, the bus stop is in front home, the garage Tanucci in front of the house is in agreement with 15 euro per day, the University Hospital Careggi including the Universities of Florence, including the faculties of Engineering, Biology, Mathematics and Medicine, Meyer Hospital are near from "a Casa di Virgilio".
Focal point near B&B is Piazza Dalmazia, now called "natural shopping center" for the several number of shops that face the last resistance to the invasion of big chains and corporations. Closer to home there are supermarkets like "Coop" and "Esselunga”, nearby organic supermarket “NaturaSì", the famous "trippaio" has its stand in the Tanucci square, pizza, and anything can be enjoyable and comfortable your stay in Florence.
Other service information:
• Breakfast room is available from 8.30 am to 10.00 am
• 1st floor without elevator
• Free Wireless Internet Access
• Iron and ironing board
• Pets stay free provided they are not left alone in the room
• Daily room cleaning
• Check-in 15:00 / 18:00 - Check out at (phone number hidden).
• For arrivals and departures at other times, send mail to make arrangements.
• The owner does not live in the structure, communicate by mail with 24 hours before your arrival time in Florence.
• You can check-in after 19:00 but must pay an additional cost.
I wanted to inform you that from July 1 the City of Florence has established a tourist tax on overnight stays by non-residents of 2 euros per day per person, excluding:
- Children up to the completion of the tenth year of age
- Individuals who care for patients admitted to health facilities in the territory
- Parents or carers who care for patients hospitalized with minor health facilities for up to two people per patient.
WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU!!
- Please send me your arrival time at least twenty four hours before your arrival date
- Check in time from 3:00 p.m to 6:00 p.m
- I do not live in B & B so you must always communicate your arrival time.
- If you change your arrival time previously reported, please send mail with new arrival time.
- For check in after hours 7 p.m. there is a surcharge of 10 euro.
I wanted to inform you that from July 1 the City of Florence has established a tourist tax on overnight stays by non-residents of 2 euros per day for person, excluding: children up to the completion of the tenth year of age
• In case of late cancellation (5 days before check in) will be charged the first night..
• Cancellation 2 days before check in: charge of 80% of entire stay.
• In case of cancellation during stay 90% charge of entire stay.
• In case of NO SHOW will be charged the full amount of reservation.
• The room prices depend on the duration and period of stay. The price includes all utilities.
- Prego avvisare 24 ore prima l'orario di arrivo.
- L’orario di check in è (phone number hidden), per arrivi in altri orari mi potete contattare per telefono o mail per mettersi d’accordo.
- Per check in dopo le ore 19 è previsto un supplemento di 10 euro.
- Volevo informare che non abito nel B&B pertanto è importante comunicare sempre l’orario di arrivo per poter organizzare al meglio la procedura di check-in.
Se viene variato l’orario di arrivo precedentemente comunicato si prega di aggiornare comunicando il nuovo orario.
Volevo informare che dal 1 Luglio 2011 il Comune di Firenze ha istituito l’imposta di soggiorno sui pernottamenti dei non residenti di 2 euro al giorno per persona con esclusione di: minori fino al compimento del decimo anno di età, soggetti che assistono i degenti ricoverati presso strutture sanitarie del territorio, genitori o accompagnatori che assistono i minori degenti ricoverati presso strutture sanitarie per un massimo di due persone per paziente.
• In caso di cancellazione tardiva (5 giorni prima del check in) verrà addebitata la prima notte.
• Cancellazione 2 giorni prima del check in: 80% dell'intero soggiorno.
• In caso di cancellazione durante il soggiorno 90% del soggiorno.
• In caso di NO SHOW verrà addebitato l'intero importo della prenotazione.
• I prezzi delle camere dipendono dalla durata e periodo del soggiorno. Il prezzo include tutte le utenze.
LAURA ES UNA PERSONA MUY EJECUTIVA, SE COMPORTA COMO UNA PERSONA MUY RESPONSABLE DE SU TRABAJO.
Laura's B & B is a wonderful place to stay. Laura is a gracious, helpful, and attentive host. It was a joy to interact with her. We highly recommend staying at Laura's B & B.
The location of the B & B is excellent. It is on a square about 1.5 km from the Firenze S.M.N. train station, 1.5 km from the Firenze Rifredi train station, and 2-3 km from the city's main attractions. It is an easy and safe walk to the city center. Also, the bus to and from the train station and downtown drops off and picks up right in front of the B & B.
The room exceeded our expectations. It was large, with lots of natural light, and nicely decorated. It was exceptionally clean, as was the shared bathroom. It was also quiet. The breakfast included with the room was also very good. The WiFi signal was strong.
Laura (and her assistent Christina) was so friendly and gracious and helpful! We loved staying there and the room was pleasant and comfortable. Breakfast was yummy and great espresso! Thank you Laura, we wish we could speak italian so that we could share more.
Laura has a lovely place to stay. Laura is very welcoming and helpful, the accommodation is very clean and gives a sense of being in the heart of the city life, very easy to get to and from city by bus. A great range of facilities available in the apartment.
This host has 12 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Salve mi chiamo Laura, ho da poco aperto il B&B “A Casa di Virgilio” a Firenze. Questo stimolo è nato dal desiderio di crearmi un’occupazione stimolante e indipendente, poiché ho un ottimo rapporto con il mio prossimo e mi piace fare nuove amicizie, ho pensato di mettere a disposizione di chi avesse necessità di soggiornare a Firenze la casa dei miei nonni.
In anni remoti mi sono diplomata all’Istituto d’Arte, amo la pittura, la musica, la natura, le passeggiate, il trekking, la montagna, gli animali (soprattutto il mio cane Vasco), credo fermamente nel volontariato infatti ho prestato servizio al 118 come soccorritrice e all’associazione Oami di Prato. Mi piace leggere e non mi piace la televisione. Ho due figli di 20 ed 11 anni ed un marito che fa il tipografo.
Cos’altro dire??? Vi aspetto numerosi in questa meravigliosa città!