I'm renting out half of my apartment in the Upper West Side/Columbia University area of Manhattan. Depending on your travel date and length of stay, you can rent it has a private studio in most short term stay or as shared bath and kitchen room with me (female) for longer stay. You will have Approximately 300 sq.ft for you to use including kitchen and bath. Please read the description carefully and ask me questions before booking.
- clean bed sheet and towels, queen size bed that comfortably fits 2 people. A futon bed for extra 2 people. I can arrange for an extra mattress at an extra cost if you have more than 4 people.
- Full bath with bath tub
- a separate eat-in kitchen with pots, pans, and utensils for you to cook.
- A coffee maker, toasters and free coffee for you to make in the morning.
- 2 bus stops right in front of the building. You can get a free transfer from a subway to a bus if you don't want to walk.
- 3 blocks from two train stations (1 line and B,C line (easy across platform-transfer to express line 2,3 , and A express trains (to (email hidden). Many restaurants, grocery stores, convenient stores, and banks nearby
- 10-15 minutes subway ride to Times Square on 1, A,B,C train line
- Free Wifi
- 2 blocks to Central Park
- 25 minutes walk to the Museum Natural History and also close to the Metropolitan Museum of Arts. Only 10-20 minutes bus or subway ride away to many museums.
- 15 minutes walk to Columbia University
- 7-10 minutes walk to the largest Cathedral in the world, St. John's the Divine. It's the 4th largest catholic church in the world! Amazing and can't be missed!
- Laundromat is a building over
- Near many restaurants, shops, and grocery stores.
- no pets, no smoking please.
- Previous reviews and description mentions the noise from a bar nearby. That is no longer an issue as the bar has closed down.
- *****TV will no longer be available for future reservations.
In short term stays, you can rent the place as a private studio. For a longer stay, you may need to share bath and kitchen with me (female) but you'll still get full privacy and feel like having the space to yourself. I have a separate entrance to my own room. Please email me for more detail. Perfect for couple, road trip, or for a family at great price.
When you write me, please
- introduce yourself
- specify the dates you would like to stay
- how many people are traveling with you?
Please email me prior to booking to confirm the availability and price.
It was great staying at Sam's apartment. We were four poeple (my mother, my daughter, my wife and me) and the apartment was good enough. It's a small and old apartment, but we used it just to sleep, take a shower and have breakefast. There was one full bed and a futon that is conformtable for 2 people. We were greeted by Sam, we arrived about noon and she was cleaning, because that day other guests were leaving, that was not a problem because we just leave our belongings there and went out. There are many food stores near the apartment and there are 2 metro stations 3 blocks away. It's really easy to arrive from the JFK airport to Sam's apartment. She helps you in advance giving you all the instruction to arrive safe and sauf.
If I come back to NY, I'll contact Sam again. she is a really good host.
We stayed 9 nights at Sam's apartment during March 2014.
The experience was overall OK.
We were greeted by Reena because Sam was not available, we didnt have to wait for her at all, which was really great, she was very nice.
The apartment pros and cons
-Sam and Reena were always prompt to help and answer any questions, very nice girls.
-Bus Stop a few steps away (infront of the apartment)
-2 Subway lines 3 blocks away
-WIFI (Works pretty well)
-Heat works very good, we were warm all the time
-Hot water all the time
-Safe neighborhood, unless you get back after midnight by subway, we found some not too friendly faces sometimes, but we never had a problem. so, i guess its like in every city of the world.
-1st floor, only a few steps up. Very convenient after a long day walking.
-The apartment is located on an avenue, so you have a few grocery stores nearby. There is a small 24/7 grocery store just next to the apartment, we found that pretty helpful.
- The bathroom was acceptable, but not neat. Perhaps the fact that there were many shampoo bottles, tooth paste, among other stuff, from other guests does not help much.
- The kitchen could have been cleaner.
- The room was clean.
- The upstairs neighboors were very loud, which was not a problem to sleep after you get back very tired, but it can bother some.
Overall the experience is good if you only go there to sleep. You get what you pay for.
I recommend Sams apartment if you are on a budget and need a place to crash at nights.
Thank you Sam and Reena.
It was nice to stay at this place. As Sam wasn't in the city, we were hosted by Rena, a roommate from Sam. She was very nice all the time to make us feel at home, she even shared some of her food with us. The flat is not too big, but comfortable enough to have a good rest. They were also very flexible to manage issues about the check in and check out time, that was very helpful for us.
The apartment is conveniently located near subway stops and Whole Foods. There is a lot of noise from the upstairs neighbors and in the hallways, however.
Nos hospedamos con mi mamá y hermano y todo salió perfecto. La ubicación del departamento realmente es muy cómoda y cerca del subte. Sam estuvo atenta a nuestras consultas cada vez que la necesitamos. El departamento está completamente equipado con todo lo necesario para la estadía. Volveríamos a hospedarnos aquí sin duda!
My girlfriend and I stayed at Sams place for 2 weeks. Had the whole apartment to ourselves. Lots of useful information was there for us, It was great! The location allowed us to use the subway to get us everywhere we needed. Would Stay there next time I'm in town.
Me and my fiancee stayed at Sam's place during Thanksgiving 2013 and we had a great time. Close to subway stations and you have a bus line right over the north corner going all the way to downtown Manhattan. Many other bus lines at walking distance. The place looks as described, clean and simple but totally comfortable. Full of kitchen stuff to cook. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again on my next visit to NYC! Clean bathroom and comfortable bed (i'm 1.90 mts tall and weight 105Kg)
Loud music wasn't a problem since the bar downstairs is out of business.
The neighborhood looks good during day and night. Arriving at 1am wasn't a problem.
Laundromat right next door and deli shops right on both corners (North and South)
If you want some drinks, there's a bar playing live music right across the street and if you don't feel like partying you won't notice it is over there.
We couldn't meet Sam but her neighbor was there waiting for us and she was great help at any time, no matter what the problem was.
Thank you both Sam & Rena!
My boyfriend and I stayed at Sam's place for nearly a month, it was as listed, close to a number of things and Sam is a great host. She is great with her contact before and during the stay and is incredibly welcoming.
Sam's place is close to two main subway stations, buses and only a few blocks from a Whole Foods and a great coffee shop. Laundromat and corner stores are close by, and a number of cheap eats are in the surrounding blocks. The space is as listed, would be tight with 4 people staying more than a few nights - our luggage took up a good chunk of space. The place was clean, quite dark though, I needed to set alarms so we wouldn't sleep through most of the morning!!!
The bar downstairs has closed so there is no more noise from underneath, one of the neighbours can be quite noisy, but after crazy busy days wandering around Manhattan, it isn't a huge issue.
A big thank you to Sam for being a great host - I would highly recommend staying at Sam's place. Its cheap, close to transport and a nice secluded place to retreat to!
The apartment was a comfortable stay for my children and me (ages 13 and 20). One flight of stairs to climb up, absolutely no hassle. We had the best host. Sam, we think you're wonderful! Sam gave us full use of apartment. Laundromat and choice of grocery stores (convenience ones) and restaurants just downstairs on street level particularly convenient. We stayed for 9 days.
Lage gut.20min nach Downtown.5 min Harlem.CentralPark in der Nähe. Supermärkte. Bars und Restaurant in der Nähe.Das Studio ist ein bisschen klein und dunkel. Eignet sich mehr zum Übernachten, als zum Wohnen. Preis und Leisung für NYC aber gut!! Würde mir beim nächsten Mal NYC ein Whg upper east side und max. 80 mieten. Von dort aus sind die Anbindungen besser. Sam ist sehr hilfsbereit und jederzeit erreichbar. Für eine günstige Übernachtung würde ich das Studio weiterempfehlen. für komfortables Wohnen eher nicht.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.