Cosy bedroom with queen bed in zone 2. Wifi, clean sheets and towels provided.
Cozy 1 bed flat, in a lovely neighborhood close to local shops and a park, with great transport links:
- Take the 106, 254 or 48 bus from Lower Clapton to Bethnal Green Station (23mins) from there, it's only a 14min tube journey into the city (Oxford circus).
- Easiest way into Central London:
Short walk to Hackney Central overground station, take the overground 3 stops to Highbury and Islington, then take the Victoria Line, and its only 4 stops to Oxford Circus. (train journey takes approx 22 mins, if you factor in walk and wait times, no more than 40 mins)
- The 242 bus to Liverpool street station = 30 minutes, Liverpool street station to Oxford Circus station = 6 stops which takes about 10 minutes.
- The 242 bus is also 24 hours and takes you right into central London and straight back home.
- Meals are not included, but use of the kitchen is at your disposal between 08:00am - 22:30pm.
Clean, simple, spacious room with Queen size bed
Wifi, clean towels & bedding provided
Ideal for couples, friends or lone travellers
Nice neighborhood with a range of shops and cafes and a weekly Sunday Market
Clapton Park is a 2 min walk away
a good place to lay your head after a day out in the city
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any more queries :)
- Bathroom is shared.
- Kitchen is at guests disposal between 07:15am - 22.30pm.
- Welcome to the living room while I'm out at work. (which is most of the time)
Interaction with Guests
I work full time so unfortunately my time is quite limited for the most part. I leave the flat at around 07.10am (most days) and don't usually get home until going on 10pm (I visit the gym after work, hence the long day!)
But I'm never further than a text or email away if its urgent.
Other Things to Note
Please consider the following before booking:
- During the week, guests can check in before 07:00am or after 19:30pm. On weekends check in is flexible.
- For late check out's (after midday) there is a £10 surcharge.
- Check out is usually by midday.
- There is no closet space, but bedside drawers are available, and hangers to hang your clothes on the back of the door.
- The shower is hand held.
- As the picture shows, there is no dining table/ area - however trays are available.
- Once you are all checked in and settled, no hard shoes inside please.
- If you want to bring a friend, please run it by me BEFORE doing so.
- Double check the door is locked when you are going out as it is not self locking.
- Often people will ring the intercom buzzer either to gain entry for one reason or another, ignore it. Likewise, if anyone knocks on the front door, do not answer it as I never have unexpected visitors or deliveries (sorry to sound like a parent!)
- I usually am in and out of the bathroom between 6am - 7am on most week days. I am flexible though, so if you need the bathroom at that time, let me know.
- If there's any problem during your stay, no matter how small - please let me know, and I will endeavour to rectify it.
- Please do not touch the laptop. It is very old and very broken.
- Lastly, Enjoy your stay! :)
Mons made us feel at home from the very beggining of our stay. She greeted us with a friendly smile and some delicious cupcakes! She solved every little problem that we had (let us use her phone charger and the blowdryer) and recommended us a very nice gallery.
The bedroom was as charming as in the pictures and very well heated.
There are plenty of take away restaurants and shops in the area and the transport to the city center is very convenient.
We were very lucky to stay with such a great host as Mons!
We had a pleasant stay at Monique's place. The room was cosy and well heated; and situated at a quiet neighbourhood. It took us a mere 5 minutes walk to the nearest bus stop where we could catch a bus to central London. Monique was a good host and contactable whenever assistance was required. If we ever decided to visit London again in future, Monique's Cosy Bedroom will definitely be our choice....
The stay at Mons was great! She welcomed me very warmly, even if I was late by almost an hour and she had to get up really early the following day! :) The room looks exactly like in the pictures, the apartment is well-heated and has some charm in it; the location is quite convenient as well, and the overall atmosphere in the neighbourhood is great, too. It's still very much central London, feels very cosy, very calm. Overall, a very pleasant stay.
We had a really comfortable stay at Mons place, the room looks exactly like in the photograph, the apartment is very clean and cosy. Mons is a lovely host and was really kind to pick us up from the bus station with her car when we arrived, and made us feel at home immediatly. We didn't have the chance to see her a lot, but she was very happy to help, always answered messages very quickly and even gave us addresses of some nice bars in Shoreditch!
The neighbourhood was very safe even when coming back late, we found nice restaurants and pubs around, and a very trendy market on sunday on Chatsworth road, a minute from the flat.
I'd definitely recommend Mons place! Thanks a lot Mons!
My husband and I stayed over at Mons for 3 nights and we cannot complain about a thing! The place is clean, quiet, the location is nice and convenient to the city centre and Mons is super sweet! You cannot find a better landlady :) Thanks for everything Mons!
We were very well welcomed by our host Mons who is a friendly and kind person. The room was nice and cosy, too, and all in all we very much enjoyed our stay. The surroundings are great for breakfast with lots of cafés, restaurants and also some small super markets just a few steps away.
We had a lovely time with Mons at her place. She was very welcoming, flexible and willing to help no matter what. The neighbourhood was very warm and lovely,too. Good bus/train access to Central London. No problems to get back at night as there is a 24 h bus and the road to the bus-stop is still busy at night so we felt very safe. The bed is really comfy and the whole apartment is very clean.
We would and probably will stay with Mons again!