About This Listing
- Peaceful neighborhood in a walking distance form the Tokyo’s central business and entertainment district
- Conveniently located amidst stores, restaurants and transportation hubs
- Has a larger room compared to most hotels/apartments in the area (accepted a group of up to 5 guests in the past)
- Located at the top floor (13th) of the same building complex as Tokyo Stay Hotel (built 2010 and quite new/clean)
- Great views of Tokyo Metropolitan Government Office Building and Shinjuku Central Park from the balcony
- Portable WIFI (WIMAX MAX 40M Speed)
- Towels / Body Soap / Shampoo / Conditioner / Hair Dryer
- Washer / Dryer / Soap / Softer
- Refrigerator / Microwave / Toaster / Rice Cocker / Espresso Machine / Food Mixer
- Kettle / Pans / Bowls / Dishes / other kitchen utensils
- TV / DVD & CD player
- Semi-Double Bed (140cm x 200cm), Extra Sheets, Futon Mattresses and 2 self-inflatable Air Beds
Interaction with Guests
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
- I work/live nearby so am quite reachable but leave my guests by themselves unless contacted
- Pls feel free to contact me for help/inquiries – e.g. restaurants recommendations, reservation of museum tickets, purchase of goods, etc.
- Peaceful & quiet neighborhood near Tokyo’s central business and entertainment district
- Conveniently located amidst grocery stores, drug stores, convenience stores, dry cleaners, parks, fast food and other restaurants
- 1 min walk (80m) to local bus stop to Shinjuku and Shibuya Sta.
- 2 min walk (180m) to Oedo Line’s Nishi-Shinjuku 5 Chome Sta. (3min to Shinjuku Sta. and 14 min to Roppongi Sta.)
- 3 min walk (300m) to local bus stop to Nakano Sta.
- 6 min walk (500m) to Hilton and Hyatt hotels where you can catch shuttle bus to Narita and Haneda airports.
- 8 min walk (700m) to Marunouchi Line’s Nishi-Shinjuku Sta.
- 17 min walk (1400m) to JR Shinjuku Sta. (often reffered to as the world's busiest station in terms of daily passenger throughput where you can find transportation to all directions)
Other Things to Note
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE
- 2 card keys provided (that can be picked up and returned at a dial-locked mailbox so can check-in/-out without waiting and meeting in person)
- The apartment will be all yours so please take good care of it.
- Pls be quiet and discreet. Very important to respect your neighbors in Japan!
- Pls do not let strangers (people you do not know directly) in the room
- Pls turn off the air conditioner/heater when not there.
- Pls take off your shoes when you enter.
- Pls be very careful not to leave the card keys in the room when you go out as it will take some time to call security company to open the door
- Pls do not misplace the card keys as it is extremely expensive to replace these keys. There will be charge of 10,000 JPY per each key lost.
- Pls do not go to the reception of Tokyu Stay Hotel in case of problems as residence and hotel are managed by different operating company (Pls give me a call if you have any troubles)
- NO SMOKING inside the apartment. Outside on the balcony is fine!
- YOU MUST separate the trash – i.e. burnables, recyclables (cans, plastic bottles, glass), and non-burnable items. ** #1 VITAL thing in Japanese culture!! **
- Most importantly, make yourself at home and be comfortable!
You's instructions to reach the apartment was very accurate. He replied & expedited all my inquiries & concerns. English communication was convenient & efficient.
Our family of 4 spent 10 nights in You's apartment. Directions to the apartment were great and accessing the keys/apartment was straightforward.
The apartment was tidy but it seemed in need of a deep cleaning. The bathroom fan covers were very dusty, as were the outlet encasings and baseboards. Some of the kitchen drawers were also quite dirty.
The bed was very comfortable. There was a mishmash of bed covers for the fold away futons, which our kids used. We had a hard time finding sheets/pillowcases in the pile.We eventually heard back with You with details on where else to look for these.
One thing to note, the curtains in the apartments don't do much to block out the light so it is bright when the sun comes up, which for us was about 5am.
The washing machine worked well for us and there was a big rack for drying clothes. The pocket wifi also worked well and was really handy to have when we were out and about. There is also a Japanese style bath which was a treat.
We were in touch with You a couple of times during our stay. He was back in touch in 8-12 hours. Fortunately they weren't urgent issues.
The location of the apartment was fabulous for us. It is just a 2 minute walk to the nearest metro station, a 15 minute walk to Shinjuku station and close to restaurants, a grocery store, convenience stores, a post office and Shinjuku Chuo park, a quiet and peaceful green space in the midst of the BIG city.
You's apartment was a comfortable place for us to stay while in Tokyo and we would recommend it to others, especially if easy access to public transit is important to you.
We had a great stay at You's apartment. It is in a good location very close to a number of subway stations and a very short walk to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building observatory. The apartment was just like the information provided. Our family of 4 (2 small children) appreciated having more space than a hotel room. You was very helpful in replying to all our messages.
The size of You's apartment was perfect for 3 people. Depending on how much space you like, I imagine it could comfortably fit a person or two more.
The apartment is in a luxury building - perfectly located in the Shinjuku area (a nice, calm street about 8 minutes walk away from the insanity of the Shinjuku area). It's also right next to a lovely little park (rare in Tokyo) and the Government Building (recommended to see amazing sights of the city from high above - for free!).
Unfortunately our stay was somewhat jilted because the cleaner didn't come in time to clean our apartment. When the MIA cleaner eventually did show up she didn't clean the bathroom or toilet area. We had to wash the sheets using the apartments washing machine (not the easiest task when you can't read Japanese!). You (the host) was out of town but did everything in his power to rectify the situation - it was a situation beyond his control but we were in constant communication and he compensated us for our troubles. That helped make up for it.
This hiccup aside, I would definitely recommend this place for anyone staying in Tokyo. We stayed in incredibly small places during our trip - and thats' pretty standard for the city - so ending out two week adventure traveling across the country in this place really helped us relax and ease into the last leg of our holiday.
The apartment is located around 3-4 major subway stations - getting to and from the flat was easy.
The free pocket wifi was a lifesaver too.
YOU's apartment was exactly what airbnb has described. Its location is very good. It is very close to Nishi Shinjuku gochome subway station and you can go anywhere in Tokyo. It is only three minutes walk away from a 24 hr-open grocery store. It takes 20-25 minutes to walk to Shinjuku station. It is worth walking to and from Shinjuku station. You see many interesting buildings. It was a big surprise to still see a “Sizzler” restaurant in Tokyo because we have not seen it in the U.S for years. We picked up a taxi from the street just outside the building and went to Hotel Hilton in order to get on a limousine bus, which took us to the Narita airport on the day of departure. (We could have walked to Hotel Hilton, but we had lots of heavy luggage. The road to Hotel Hilton is uphill!)
Although it on the 13th floor, you can sometimes hear sounds from the street mostly due to passing Emergency vehicles and election campaigning cars. We had some trouble with Wifi and washing machine. But YOU provided us with some solutions to them. It was kind of him to wave a cleaning fee as well.
Here are some tips for the future guests for this apartment.
1.When you use the washing/dryer machine, you need to push mode button first and then select one of three options, wash, wash and dry, and dry only. In order to change options, you need to push the mode button. You need to pay attention to small white labels attached the machine. Form the top, it says “wash,” “wash & Dry,” an “Dry” in English, respectively.
2.When you flush the toilet, you push down the top of the washlet controller which is attached to the wall.
3.I noticed the phone numbers starting 080—XXXX-YYYY) does not work to reach YOU. In order to call YOU for an emergency I recommend you dial 0505-XXX-YYYY (X and Y are digits he provides). When you call him, you need to add the ZERO in Japan as indicated above.
We are looking forward to coming back to this apartment if we come back to Tokyo again in the future.
You's apartment was exactly what we needed for our first Tokyo visit. It took us a bit to figure out how to get from his place to other points of the city but when we did (thank you, Google Maps) we were patting ourselves on the back for choosing his place. It's very accessible. Very spacious as well. There's always hot water (very important as it was mostly wet and cold while we were there). The 24-hour grocery is a godsend as it allowed us to prepare breakfast. The restaurant across the street serves superb bento meals at really, really reasonable prices.
Superb flat, lovely neighborhood, very well placed not far from metro and train stations. The description was perfect and a very friendly and helpful host !
Superbe appartement, joli voisinage (très typique), très bien placé par rapport à la gare de métro et de trains, pas très éloigné du centre d'Osaka. La description était parfaite et notre hôte fut très sympathique et nous a donné des instructions utiles et précises.
En bonus : une chaise massante et un wifi portable !
About the Host, You
Hi, My name is You. I lived in California for high school and college (which makes me quite easy-going and friendly ... I hope). I’m renting out the apartment as my wife is oversea for school and I’m currently staying at my parent’s home near by. The area is convenient to live or to travel. I'd be happy to answer your questions or give you recommendations!!