- Peaceful neighborhood in a walking distance form the Tokyo’s central business and entertainment district
- Conveniently located amidst stores, restaurants and transportation hubs
- Has a larger room compared to most hotels/apartments in the area (accepted a group of up to 5 guests in the past)
- Located at the top floor (13th) of the same building complex as Tokyo Stay Hotel (built 2010 and quite new/clean)
- Great views of Tokyo Metropolitan Government Office Building and Shinjuku Central Park from the balcony
- Portable WIFI (WIMAX MAX 40M Speed)
- Towels / Body Soap / Shampoo / Conditioner / Hair Dryer
- Washer / Dryer / Soap / Softer
- Refrigerator / Microwave / Toaster / Rice Cocker / Espresso Machine / Food Mixer
- Kettle / Pans / Bowls / Dishes / other kitchen utensils
- TV / DVD & CD player
- Semi-Double Bed (140cm x 200cm), Extra Sheets, Futon Mattresses and 2 self-inflatable Air Beds
Interaction with Guests
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
- I work/live nearby so am quite reachable but leave my guests by themselves unless contacted
- Pls feel free to contact me for help/inquiries – e.g. restaurants recommendations, reservation of museum tickets, purchase of goods, etc.
- Peaceful & quiet neighborhood near Tokyo’s central business and entertainment district
- Conveniently located amidst grocery stores, drug stores, convenience stores, dry cleaners, parks, fast food and other restaurants
- 1 min walk (80m) to local bus stop to Shinjuku and Shibuya Sta.
- 2 min walk (180m) to Oedo Line’s Nishi-Shinjuku 5 Chome Sta. (3min to Shinjuku Sta. and 14 min to Roppongi Sta.)
- 3 min walk (300m) to local bus stop to Nakano Sta.
- 6 min walk (500m) to Hilton and Hyatt hotels where you can catch shuttle bus to Narita and Haneda airports.
- 8 min walk (700m) to Marunouchi Line’s Nishi-Shinjuku Sta.
- 17 min walk (1400m) to JR Shinjuku Sta. (often reffered to as the world's busiest station in terms of daily passenger throughput where you can find transportation to all directions)
Other Things to Note
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE
- 2 card keys provided (that can be picked up and returned at a dial-locked mailbox so can check-in/-out without waiting and meeting in person)
- The apartment will be all yours so please take good care of it.
- Pls be quiet and discreet. Very important to respect your neighbors in Japan!
- Pls do not let strangers (people you do not know directly) in the room
- Pls turn off the air conditioner/heater when not there.
- Pls take off your shoes when you enter.
- Pls be very careful not to leave the card keys in the room when you go out as it will take some time to call security company to open the door
- Pls do not misplace the card keys as it is extremely expensive to replace these keys. There will be charge of 10,000 JPY per each key lost.
- Pls do not go to the reception of Tokyu Stay Hotel in case of problems as residence and hotel are managed by different operating company (Pls give me a call if you have any troubles)
- NO SMOKING inside the apartment. Outside on the balcony is fine!
- YOU MUST separate the trash – i.e. burnables, recyclables (cans, plastic bottles, glass), and non-burnable items. ** #1 VITAL thing in Japanese culture!! **
- Most importantly, make yourself at home and be comfortable!
This apartment was in a good location and had all the amenities we required. It is close to the supermarket which is really handy. The pocket wifi was great - a huge bonus!
The apartment is quite new, which located near oedo line and easy to find, the environment was comfort, clean and the apartment is big in Japan! The landlord provided a potable wifi device, we can take it anywhere.
We had a wonderful week long stay at You's apartment which was conveniently located on the toei oeda line.
The apartment was spacious and contained all that was needed by our family of 4. The kitchen had sufficient utensils and cooking facilities which allowed us to cook a few meals while we were there and with numerous grocery stores and restaurants within close proximity of the apartment, the choice was plentiful.
A short 15 min walk as an option to the shinjuku station along with the tokyo metropolitan government building a block away provided a great scenic reference point for tokyo.
The pocket wifi came in handy and You answered all our questions appropriately.
Thank you for providing us a solid base for us to explore Tokyo.
The host, You, gave very clear instructions as to how to get to the apartment. It is very conveniently located in the Shinjuku area; it was a very pleasant 10-15 minute walk to the big Shinjuku station or two stops on several of the buses. The area felt safe and has good selection of restaurants and convenience shops around. The pocket wifi was great and worked very well. The bathroom was not as small as some of the others we had seen and the shower jet was powerful and always had hot water. Disappointingly the apartment was quite dusty and dirty so we were concerned it hadn't been cleaned properly. We understand this is being rectified.
You's house is as good as the description in the page. I'll strongly recommend my friends choosing here as journey dormitory if being Shinjuku of Tokyo. It's with convenient transportation options, easy to find supermarket and many restaurants there even in a deeply quiet environment with amazing building night scene. We family, 5 persons lived well and feel comfortable and will come back to choose again afterward.
Notre hôte a été très facile de contact et a répondu de façon très rapide et complète à nos questions avant notre arrivée.
Nous avons découvert un appartement propre et agréable à vivre.
Les draps n’étaient malheureusement pas tous lavés à notre arrivée. Dommage! Nous avons été bons pour plusieurs tours de machine!
Notre hôte s'en est excusé ( nouvelle prestataire de ménage!) et a eu un geste.
Au final, tout à fait satisfait. Nous recommandons.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at You's place. The location is fabulous, easy to get to from the airport with the airport limousine bus (make sure to reserve a seat on the way back, we didn't and had to wait for the next one), walking distance to super markets, two different subway stops and restaurants/take aways. You has been great at communicating with us in advance as well as when we had any questions. We travel with a ten months old baby and she enjoyed the space she had in the flat for her daily play around after a day of sightseeing. We struggled with the washer and drier a bit but You said that he will provide instructions for future guests.
The house itself felt very safe as well and we never heard any neighbours so the place must be well insulated.
I would say though that if you are looking for a prettily decorated flat you are in the wrong place, it's all quite functional and minimalistic.
Thanks for making our stay in Tokyo easy and comfortable You!
Hi, My name is You. I lived in California for high school and college (which makes me quite easy-going and friendly ... I hope). I’m renting out the apartment as my wife is oversea for school and I’m currently staying at my parent’s home near by. The area is convenient to live or to travel. I'd be happy to answer your questions or give you recommendations!!