About this listing
Welcome! This apartment will suit a short term eco-conscious traveller and visitor to Sydney. The sofa futon in the living room, which is ideal for ONE person (no couple).
I live in a modern 2 bedroom apartment with a flatmate in Redfern (5 minute walk to Central Station (city centre), Redfern station, close to shopping centre, pubs, restaurants, amenities).
Comes with a fully equipped gym and pool - which is an added bonus so you can unwind and have a work out during your stay. There is also a vegetable/herb garden on the Rooftop, which you are welcome to take when cooking. It is next to a four-lane road and sometimes can be noisy (although it quietens down at night).
FYI, the average price for a shared dorm style of 8 in Bounce Hotel next to Central Station is $49 per night.
When booking, please remember:
1. It's a couch and not a room (no privacy)
2. Let me know your sleeping hours as my computer is next to the kitchen area - if you are a very light sleeper, please book the room instead.
3. There are car and train noises from the balcony - some people have no issues with it and some do.
4. In summer, we do some mosquitos but have coils to ward it off.
4. If you have any issues, please tell me as I can't read minds, and would prefer you to ask than for you to have a bad stay.
5. This is NOT a hotel - so expect you to clean up after yourselves, wash your dishes, and keep the place clean.
Ideally this would suit:
1. Low key
3. Easy going
4. Down to earth
6. Sustainability-minded traveller
7. Non-smoker and mature traveller who is sensible and clean up after themselves
Just a reminder, this is NOT a hotel. I am deliberately charging a low price, as I am consciously avoiding guests with high, unrealistic expectations.
A bit about the area Redfern: traditionally, it has been known for being a shady area, but in the past 10 year has seen major changes and gentrification. These days, its a hip place with lot of trendy bars, cafes, parks but still retaining its affordability in price. There is an cheap Chinese vegetable grocer, Vietnamese bread shop, local independent grocery store and organic cafes nearby.
If you are booking with me, please write more about yourself, the reason you're visiting Sydney and add a picture of yourself too. I'd like to know who I'm sharing my space with. It will be nice if you treat the house like your own.
Please print a map from (website hidden) map, if you're coming by taxi or train to ensure you don't get lost.
VIA TAXI: Get dropped (email hidden). You will spot the entrance via the glass doors with "Signature Apartments".
VIA TRAIN: The nearest stop is Redfern station. After coming out of station, turn right until you hit Regent St, then take Wells St, and then left to Renwick St. Entrance is mid way on Renwick St.
1. Enjoy and always bring a smile during your stay!
2. Try to live more sustainably - this means no plastic bags in the house. I can provide green bags.
3. No dryer - only hand dry clothes.
4. Buy fresh where possible, and not tinned or packaged.
5. Please take short showers.
6. Please print out a map from (website hidden) Map so you don't get lost.
Quite good stay in Kevin's house.Although he was busy at working,the room was quiet and I slept well at night.I do not think the noisy of train is much a trouble.
Kevin was easy going when I booked he did send me a text to make sure I was going to sleep on the couch. I had no problems with that I enjoyed my stay and it made my trip affordable. I certainly will be back in the future. Thanks.
Kevin is an awesome host!
Great location and very comfortable place to stay.
Kevin's couch was very comfortable. He's a humble guy who'll let you get on with whatever you're up to. He even let me stay in the private room for a few days when no one was occupying it. Thanks Kevin, all the best.
Kevin was a very kind person, helped me with information about Sydney, the coach was good, could sleep well. Clean badrum and the location is pretty good.
I stayed at Kevin's flat for a couple of days and had a fantastic time. Kevin was very welcoming and friendly, couch was comfortable to sleep in, and the location was excellent. Would definitely recommend!
Kevin's a fantastic host, super friendly and easy to talk with but also happy to let you get on if you'd rather keep to yourself. Apartment was clean and comfortable with tea, coffee and general amenities. Great location being a short walk from Redfern station which is on one of the central lines - most popular sites are short 10-15min rides away. Will definitely consider again when I'm next in Sydney!
This host has 88 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Kevin
I've moved countries twice in the span of 10 years and I've begun to realise that meeting new people and living in new environments is really what makes me tick. I work in a communication/design sector. I live in a 2-bedroom apartment and had the opportunity to meet and host a countless number of travellers. I am interested in living a sustainable life, so hopefully I can influence people around me to live sustainably.