Vashon Island is a beautiful, enchanting place, and Sunrise Cottage is set at one of the most gorgeous spots on the island. The view literally takes your breath away; it spans 180 degrees of Puget Sound, Cascade Mountains, and sunrises that astound. Nestled above the water on a high bluff, the cottage is located near the bottom of a wooded, dead end road. There is public access to the rocky beach below just a short walk down the road. Bald eagles regularly soar by, seals call, and occasionally a pod of orcas will bound through the passage.
You can make yourself cozy indoors and out. The cottage is beautifully built with wood everywhere, cathedral ceilings, large windows, skylights, and a peaceful feel. Make a cup of tea and sit by the fire as you watch the boats drift by. Treat yourself to a massage on-site. Sunrise Cottage is the carriage house of the main house. Outdoors there are benches, a deck overlooking the water (both shared with the main house), and greenery all around. This cottage radiates an inviting warmth which permeates your being; the perfect place for a writers retreat or relaxing, romantic get-away.
You could never leave this oasis and be very happy, but if you are inspired to explore, Vashon is well worth venturing out. Take walks in one of the many parks and wooded areas, or for miles along the beach; bike around the island roads, or take a mt. bike to the extensive state lands trails; go visit art galleries, antique shops and restaurants; try horse back riding, or rent a kayak on Quartermaster Harbor.
One may find it hard to believe such an island paradise is so close to two major cities (Seattle and Tacoma), but time seems to have stopped on Vashon, and it's a magical place to be. Come and visit, and let the spell work on you!
Sunrise Cottage is a studio with a full kitchen and bathroom, and sleeps 2 people maximum.
PLEASE NOTE: The property recently had a new septic system installed, so the yard does not have grass at this time. Please see the attached pictures. The price has been reduced from the usual nightly rate of $125 to $95 because of this. However, the cottage still is incredibly cozy, and a delightful retreat.
1. AGREEMENT: Suzanne Greenberg (“Owner”) and Tenant agree as follows: above tenant is an adult and will be an occupant of the cottage during the entire reserved period. Other occupants will be family members, friends or responsible adults. Use of the premises will be denied to persons not falling within the foregoing categories, and as a result they would have to vacate the property immediately without any refund. No keys will be issued to anyone who is not an adult.
6. CHECK IN: Check in time is anytime after 3:00 pm. Keys will be ready for pick up in a prearranged place at the property location.
7. CHECK OUT: Check out time is by noon. UNLESS YOU HAVE PRIOR APPROVAL, THERE WILL BE AN EXTRA CHARGE FOR LATE CHECK OUT. Please leave all keys at the location. A $20 hour fee will be charged for each hour (or portion thereof) past the required check out time. A $20 per item fee will be charged for each lost key.
8. CLEANING: The property will be inspected and cleaned after your departure. (The rental fee you have paid will provide for two hours of normal cleaning after your departure so that you can enjoy your vacation up to the last moment.) YOU ARE REQUIRED to leave the property in the same general condition that you received it by making sure dishes are done and put away, the bed is stripped, and the home is generally picked up and ready to be vacuumed, dusted and sanitized. If additional cleaning is required either during your stay or after your departure, appropriate charges will be deducted from your security deposit at the rate of $20 per hour.
9. CHECK OUT DUTIES: When you check-out make sure all doors and windows are closed, and the gas stove and lights are turned off. The following must also be completed: 1) Wash and put away all dishes; 2) Wipe appliances, counters, etc., and clean up excess spills; 3) Strip the bed, and leave the sheets, pillow cases, and towels in a pile ready to be washed: 4) Leave all furnishing and other items as found. Failure to complete these requirements could result in a reduction of your security deposit refund and/or additional billing.
11. WHAT IS SUPPLIED: The property is equipped and set up as a fully furnished property that will include linens, blankets, pillows, towels, as well as a fully equipped kitchen. THERE WILL BE EXTRA CHARGES TO YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT FOR REPLACING THESE ITEMS IF FOUND TO BE NECESSARY. The cottage is equipped with basic items such as furniture, kitchen appliances, pots, pans, dishes, and silverware. Tea & coffee are also supplied. The cottage is furnished according to the owner's taste. You can’t rearrange furniture or take furniture or bedding out of the cottage.
12. WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING: Plan on packing your personal toiletry items.
13. TENANTS LIABILITY: Tenant agrees to accept liability for any damages caused to the property (other than normal wear and tear) by Tenant or Tenants guests, including, but not limited to, landscaping, misuse of appliances, and/or equipment furnished. If damages are in excess of the security deposit being held, Tenant agrees to reimburse Owner for costs incurred to repair/replace damaged items.
14. DISTURBANCES/SLEEPING CAPACITY: Tenants and all other occupants will be required to vacate the premises and forfeit the rental fee and security deposit for any of the following:
A) Smoking in the cottage or anywhere on the premises.
B) Occupancy exceeding the sleeping capacity of 2 guests of any age.
C) Using the premises for any illegal activity.
D) Causing damage to the premises rented or to any of the neighboring properties.
E) Any other acts which interfere with neighbors' rights to quiet enjoyment of their property.
15. HOLD HARMLESS: Owner does not assume any liability for loss, damage, or injury to persons or their personal property in the cottage or on the property. Neither do I accept liability for any inconvenience arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in supply of water, gas, electricity, plumbing, ferry service, or internet connection. Nor will I accept liability for any loss or damage caused by weather conditions, natural disasters, acts of God, or other reasons beyond my control.
16. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The undersigned, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors, and administrators, fully releases and discharges Owner from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which has or have occurred, or may occur to the undersigned, or any of his/her guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold Owner free and harmless of any claim or suit arising there from. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their principals, agents, successors or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
17. NO AMENITIES ARE GUARANTEED! There will be NO refunds because of the malfunction of the contents of the cottage. All cottage contents are kept in good working order and any problems will be addressed as quickly as possible. There will be no refunds due to inclement weather or earthquakes. Trip insurance is now available and highly recommended. Trip insurance is the only source of compensation for you if your trip is interrupted by a mandatory evacuation.
18. ITEMS LEFT IN THE COTTAGE: I cannot be responsible for any personal items left in the cottage. If after checkout you request I search the cottage for a forgotten item and the item is found, I will return it by mail C.O.D. with a service charge of $20.00. Items found and not requested to be returned within 30 days after departure will be discarded.
Great cottage on a lovely island. The property was charming. Close to town, but off the beaten path. Suzanne addressed any issues we had in record time. Great place to relax and unwind after a long week.
Due to an emergency, we weren't able to make the trip, but Suzanne called after us and made sure everything was alright. Much appreciated.
Despite the discounted rate for some recent work done to the cottage, there was still an interesting smell (maybe mold in the floor or a rodent of some kind), not too strong but definitely present. Besides that everything was very nice, a well equipped cozy well located cottage with a nice view.
We had a great stay at the Seabluff Cottage- it was clean, cozy, well lit, and accommodating. Suzanne was away but made sure that the people at the property were there if we needed anything. The property is pretty secluded and had a very nice atmosphere with a nice view of the water. We made good use of the kitchen but had a difficult time with the espresso maker. Fortunately the french press compensated :] The descriptions are pretty accurate. We forgot to ask about the fireplace before hand so make sure to do that if you plan to use it. There is a bathtub which was a plus, and the bed is insanely comfortable. We were very happy with our stay!
My wife and I stayed at Suzzane's house for a week and we had an absolute wonderful time ! The house is very charming and well appointed. Everything that you need is there and it's very well maintained. The location couldn't be better . The view is amazing. The island is fantastic with lot's to do or just relax and enjoy the view. We cooked dinner at the cottage half the nights and went out the other evening's. The restaurant we really loved was La Boucherie which is 5 minutes away and probably some of the best food we have ever had. Suzzane and her roommate Michelle were a pleasure to meet and we will definitely be coming back! Dannelle and Alan
The Cottage was Awesome. Clean. Plenty of kitchen equipment. View was as described-EXCELLENT. Secluded and Quiet location. Suzanne was a great Host- friendly, helpful with suggestions (coffee, beach, etc), patient with my stupid questions!! Everything in the cottage worked. A sweet view of the water and sun/moon rises.
What a great spot. The cottage is beautiful, nicely furnished, and the view is fantastic. It's just a short jaunt to town. Thanks, Suzanne!
This host has 54 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Hello fellow travelers and guests!
I love to adventure, meet people, create beautiful spaces, and share my home with guests. I live on Vashon Island, but have a cute little "pied a terre" in Seattle; The Nest in the Heart of the City.
I'm a sign language interprerpreter by profession, and love what I do. When I'm not doing that, I'm usually on Vashon Island, working on my house there, or off exploring the outdoors; skiing, hiking, or biking. I love to travel, and want to try out airbnb all over the planet!
I love to interact with people, so feel free to ask me anything about myself, and tell me a bit about you!