Stay here if you want to relax, seek walkable accessibility to downtown and an opportunity to swap stories of travels. You can make yourself at home in the kitchen and have the opportunity to hear advice on the city's best spots should you desire.
I (the host) live in the home and I look forward to meeting my guests and helping them experience the city I love.
The home is across the street from Franklin and Marshall College campus, mere seconds from the gorgeous Buchanan park and a brief walk to downtown (about 15-20 minutes with a normal pace). The guest room is on the second floor, straight up the steps, right beside the shared bathroom.
The home is a beautifully renovated house built in 1898. I love my house, I hope you will too!
In addition to me, there are two nice housemates who live on the third floor. They too use the bathroom that you will use, but they are very clean.
Comfortably, my guest room houses TWO people. The room is small, but two people will be comfortable, with two single beds.
I know that a lot of people have other plans for breakfast , but if you want, I'm more than happy to give you some cereal. Just let me know! (If you would rather me point you in the direction of good eateries, that's fine too!) Regardless, I'll make sure you have some delicious coffee (or tea) each morning and will do whatever I can to make your stay in Lancaster a successful one. I love giving advice on the best places to eat, drink and see in town, so if you ask, I'll help you as much as I can.
Interaction with guests
I will typically be around for questions you may have. I also try to be quick to answer if you text or call me before or during your stay. I do this because I enjoy meeting the people who stay with me.
If you prefer hiding in your room, that's okay too!
Other things to note
I host because I genuinely love getting to know new people and helping you learn about my awesome little city. I love when guests ask me for advice on where to eat, where to drink, what to do. So, please don't be shy!
PLEASE NOTE: It is extremely helpful if you provide a "best guess" time range for your arrival time and then stick to it. It's really hard to maintain a schedule when a guest tells me they plan to arrive at 2pm and then at 1:59 they text me and tell me it will now be 3pm, and then at 2:59pm, they text again.
I understand not everyone can give such an accurate prediction (and I'm gracious!) but if you communicate and stick to the plan and give me fair warning if you need to change your arrival plan, we will get along fine! I promise! :)
Common human courtesy:
1. Clean up after yourself (especially the kitchen if you are cooking)
2. Please be reasonably quiet if you are coming in late or leaving early, no need to panic if you make a noise, just basic courtesy :)
3. Please turn off lights and fans when you aren't in the room.
4. Please do not invite unauthorized guests to stay with you (make sure you correctly clarify if there are ONE or TWO people when are booking)
5. Understand the bathroom is shared by others in the home, please be aware of the time you are spending in it and help to keep it as clean by wiping the counter, cleaning up after you shower, etc.
6. If you have a problem, communicate it and I will do whatever I can to help you out! I'm always sad when easily fixed issues come up on my review that I could have solved if I had been asked.
7. Please be mindful when you come and go that you make sure both doors are completely latched. I have a wonderful dog and I don't want her to have a chance to escape. This is especially an issue when a group is coming in/out, please just be careful to not allow both doors to stand wide open.
8. NO SMOKING on my property. This is includes NO SMOKING on my front porch, NO SMOKING in the backyard. I've had some problems with this so, to preserve my relationship with my neighbors, I'm asking for guests to understand this is strict. There is a huge park across the street with lots of benches and lots of space to meander and smoke.
9. I'm super laid back, I promise I am! Just please remember this is my home and channel all the things your mom taught you about being a good guest and we will get along fine! :)
I am a traveler who appreciates the comfort of a cozy place to call home in the midst of wandering the globe. I am quick to smile, enjoy people's stories and love hearing people laugh. Depending on the time of the year, I may be responsible for the well-being of dozens of international teenagers. I love cities and want to travel to everywhere I haven't yet been and go back to every place I've already seen.