About this listing
Welcome! This apartment will suit a short term eco-conscious traveller(s) to Sydney.
The room is fitted with a double bed, in-build wardrobe, writing desk, and shelves. I live in a modern 2 bedroom apartment in Redfern, complete with a full-equipped gym (5 minute walk to Central Station (city centre), Redfern station, close to shopping centre, pubs, restaurants, amenities) - which is an added bonus so you can unwind and have a work out during your stay. There is also a vegetable/herb garden (mint, coriander, parsley, tomato, basil) on the rooftop, which you are welcome to take when cooking. I work part time from home more (while doing some studies).
FYI, the average price for a shared dorm style of 8 in Bounce Hotel next to Central Station is $49 per night.
Ideally this would suit:
1. Low key and independant
2. Eco-friendly, vegetarian-friendly
3. Sustainability-minded traveller
4. Non-smoker and mature traveller who is sensible and clean up after themselves. Expect you to clean up after yourselves, wash your dishes, and keep the place clean.
5. Please be responsible in finding the unit on your own - print out the map and a photo of the building from my profile. I get many guests every week, so its frustrating when I get guests who expect me to physically guide them to the unit.
6. For guests with long hair, please be reminded to clean the bathroom after each shower.
Just a reminder, this is NOT a hotel. I am deliberately charging a low price, as I consciously avoid guests with high and unrealistic expectations, and OCD types. I am interested in travellers/guests who are happy to share. If you have any issues, please tell me as I can't read minds, and would prefer you to ask than for you to have a bad stay.
A bit about the area Redfern: traditionally, it has been known for being a shady area, but in the past 10 year has seen major changes and gentrification. These days, its a hip place with lot of trendy bars, cafes, parks but still retaining its affordability in price.
If you are booking with me, please write more about yourself, the reason you're visiting Sydney and add a picture of yourself too. I'd like to know who I'm sharing my space with.
DIRECTIONS VIA TAXI: Get dropped off at Renwick St (off Regent St). You will spot the entrance via the glass doors with "Signature Apartments".
DIRECTIONS VIA TRAIN: The nearest stop is Redfern station. After coming out of station, turn right until you hit Regent St, then take Wells St, and then left to Renwick St. Entrance is mid way on Renwick St.
* At times, the couch is also leased out short term, so bear that in mind. Please email me for more info.
Other Things to Note
The building can be hard to find, so please ensure you print a map and know where you're going. Checked out the photo as it has photos of the building and the exact location.
1. Enjoy and always bring a smile during your stay!
2. Try to live more sustainably - this means no plastic bags in the house. I can provide green bags.
3. No dryer - only hand dry clothes.
4. Buy fresh where possible, and not tinned or packaged.
5. Food scraps is recycled in my worm farm and compost bin in my building
6. Try not to buy bottled water.
7. Please take short showers.
8. Please print out a map from (website hidden) map so you don't get lost.
I've moved countries twice in the span of 10 years and I've begun to realise that meeting new people and living in new environments is really what makes me tick. I work in a communication/design sector. I live in a 2-bedroom apartment and had the opportunity to meet and host a countless number of travellers. I am interested in living a sustainable life, so hopefully I can influence people around me to live sustainably.